Featured 52 Days to Game 1: Florida has 15 returning starters

How many games does UF win in the regular season?

• 5 or less

Votes: 30 23.6%

Votes: 21 16.5%

Votes: 38 29.9%

Votes: 29 22.8%

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • 10 or more

Votes: 5 3.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
And yet people are still outraged about NIL.
Coaches exorbitant, guaranteed contracts are the most egregious element of college football.
I can't help but think "yeah, the coach deserves $6-$10 million for their player's efforts but players deserve ..... nothing ???" Yes, they get an education, supposedly, room and housing. I would be all for any NIL recipient of x thousands per year or more being required to pay their own way. But for that to work, all schools need to be required to hold that standard.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
And yet people are still outraged about NIL.
Coaches exorbitant, guaranteed contracts are the most egregious element of college football.
Along with my tirades against NIL, athletic scholarships, special admissions, et al, I also think a coach for a state institution should receive total compensation no higher than the lowest paid full time faculty member.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Along with my tirades against NIL, athletic scholarships, special admissions, et al, I also think a coach for a state institution should receive total compensation no higher than the lowest paid full time faculty member.
why exactly? if you believe in an open market, a good football coach is worth millions because he brings in tens of millions. how much does the lowest paid full time faculty member bring in? further, how good of a teacher is the lowest paid faculty member? i'd wager a good football coach is 100 times the teacher and developer that the lowest paid faculty member is.

you sound a whole lot like obama saying certain people make too much money.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
why exactly? if you believe in an open market, a good football coach is worth millions because he brings in tens of millions. how much does the lowest paid full time faculty member bring in? further, how good of a teacher is the lowest paid faculty member? i'd wager a good football coach is 100 times the teacher and developer that the lowest paid faculty member is.

I gave Mrs Durty exactly what she earned last night....

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016

I don't believe an elite educational institution should be in the business of athletics. College Intermural programs should be reserved for real academic students who want to participate in physical activities in an extraCURRICULAR manner. No one participate unless making satisfactory progress toward a degree. Academic institution. Not an athletic institution.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
fail old man GIF

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I realize this is only a video game. Still, it is embarrassing. Eventually, we will hire a coach who can create a talented team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mamab