A contrarian view of our new hire

Status
Not open for further replies.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Good morning fellow chatterers. Judging by the propensity of negative comments about our new Head Coach, the world is about to end as far as Gator football is concerned. First, I am glad (ecstatic really) that we didn't get Kelly. No one with character issues should ever be a Gator. Second, Frost wasn't coming here; Nebraska had him at the start. We weren't going to hire Saban either. Dan Mullen is a good coach; he won a Mississippi State for goodness sake. He developed Tebow. He develop Smith. He will win consistently here. Stop whining and count your blessing. Look at 10rc. Look at RKansas. Look at FSU-soon to be jilted by Jimbo. Our AD tried for a "homerun" and whiffed or was rejected. But he had a good backup plan. We have a good coach who will win. Save the criticism for Sundays after the games.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Good morning fellow chatterers. Judging by the propensity of negative comments about our new Head Coach, the world is about to end as far as Gator football is concerned. First, I am glad (ecstatic really) that we didn't get Kelly. No one with character issues should ever be a Gator. Second, Frost wasn't coming here; Nebraska had him at the start. We weren't going to hire Saban either. Dan Mullen is a good coach; he won a Mississippi State for goodness sake. He developed Tebow. He develop Smith. He will win consistently here. Stop whining and count your blessing. Look at 10rc. Look at RKansas. Look at FSU-soon to be jilted by Jimbo. Our AD tried for a "homerun" and whiffed or was rejected. But he had a good backup plan. We have a good coach who will win. Save the criticism for Sundays after the games.
:clap:
Agree
Offense is back!

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
:clap:
Agree
Offense is back!

of·fense
əˈfens/
noun
  1. 1.
    a breach of a law or rule; an illegal act.
    "neither offense violates any federal law"
    synonyms: crime, illegal/unlawful act, misdemeanor, breach of the law, felony, wrongdoing, wrong, misdeed, peccadillo, sin, transgression, infringement; More

2. 2.
    annoyance or resentment brought about by a perceived insult to or disregard for oneself or one's standards or principles.
    "he went out, making it clear he'd taken offense"
    synonyms: annoyance, anger, resentment, indignation, irritation, exasperation, wrath, displeasure, hard/bad/ill feelings, disgruntlement, pique, vexation, animosity, antipathy More

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
Well said. He averaged over 40 points a game when he had this talent base to choose from before. I will def withhold any criticism until he has time to get rolling. Go Gators!

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
If we could just raise our scoring 10 points per game this year, we would have had only a couple of losses. Lack of offense put our sub par defense under a lot of pressure. I do want to see more vertical passing and Mullen's play style is not that.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OK. I’ve had about a day to process it.

Mullen is light years better than Butters or Shannon.

He’s better than Strong or Taggart.

Kelly and Frost were the 2 alphas that we missed on. And there’s something wrong with Norvell. I don’t know what it is but there is a lot of smoke.

So taking those 3 out - who could have Stricklin hired? The AD went out swinging. It’s not his fault nobody wants to come here. It’s embarrassing that the administration and Foley have damaged our reputation so much. So much – that we had to offer Mullen $7 million a year to even come here.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
You are right. We have a new coach and it is time for Gator Nation to circle the wagons and move forward. I was not pleased with this hire, but as a Gator I realize that the time for criticism is over. Mullen's first order of business will be to build a staff and salvage the recruiting class and the last thing our brand needs now is constant criticism on message boards. Let's get it together and work 'em silly Gators CHOMP!

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
Well we don't have much choice do we. What do you guys think the O&B game will look like this year turnout wise?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A realistic view of our new hire

QB dive plays and sideways passing will not win championships. Mullen > butters, but that isn't saying much. Will he win games, yes, can he beat ranked teams and rivals consistently? His record says no.

Chump's leash was too long, butter's was short, Mullen is on a choker

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
A realistic view of our new hire

QB dive plays and sideways passing will not win championships. Mullen > butters, but that isn't saying much. Will he win games, yes, can he beat ranked teams and rivals consistently? His record says no.

Chump's leash was too long, butter's was short, Mullen is on a choker
I've gone on record saying I'm going to support this guy, and I will.
But I agree, if he's getting paid 7mil, he better produce Meyer-like seasons, or he needs to be walked out of the building.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

I'll support Mullen and I think he can win here. But I still want to know why we went from what I consider tier 1 guys like Frost to what most people consider a 3rd tier guy?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'll support Mullen and I think he can win here. But I still want to know why we went from what I consider tier 1 guys like Frost to what most people consider a 3rd tier guy?

To my understanding – frost would not even talk to us. We even sent him an offer and he wouldn’t look at it.

Also, to my understanding, we offered Chip around 5 1/2 million. He went to UCLA for only 4 million.

There is something toxic with our program.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Well said. He averaged over 40 points a game when he had this talent base to choose from before. I will def withhold any criticism until he has time to get rolling. Go Gators!

What the fruck was Meyer doing on the sidelines? Watching?

GTFO

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
To my understanding – frost would not even talk to us. We even sent him an offer and he wouldn’t look at it.

Also, to my understanding, we offered Chip around 5 1/2 million. He went to UCLA for only 4 million.

It's the fans. We drive off everybody...SOS, Zook, Meyer, Chump, Mac, Kelly, Frost, Etc. We run off recruits too.

Worst fans ever.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014

Understood. But why didn't we speak to what I am calling tier 2 guys like Norvell, Clausen, or some of the other up and comers?

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Understood. But why didn't we speak to what I am calling tier 2 guys like Norvell, Clausen, or some of the other up and comers?
Had to think on this one. It is possible others, not us here on Gatorchatter, consider Mullen and up and comer. He's 45 and put good years in a lower-tiered school. One that was in the west with Bama, LSU, TAMU and Auburn. A school that had not seen success in the decade before his arrival. And now he's ready for a big-time program. It's possible, just saying...

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
If you want a contrarian view, head over to /r/floridagators on reddit.. they're LOVING this hire. Nothing but pumpers.

It's like a bizarro-world to GC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member