A couple names I haven't heard

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Crunchtime;n80075 said:
Does it hurt to make the phone call? The guy is not coaching now. His wife's health was the reason he got out. He has had multiple offers to go back to the NFL and his excuse has always been that the grind of the NFL got to him and he needed a break. The recruiting angel is overblown OX. Spurrier did not visit many recruits. He only showed up to close the deal. Urban never went to Andre's house (I am personal friends of the family and know this for a fact). He met the family at the school or other locations. While I agree that the chances are slim, I would not say they are non existent. I think there are about a dozen schools that could pull coaches back to the college ranks and I still believe Florida is one. Wiess left the NFL when he had offers to HC in KC. If not for the violations and subsequent sanctions, Pete Carol would most likely still be at USC after leaving the NFL. Saban left Miami to go to Alabama. Yes it has happen. I believe Florida is a school that could pull off something like Alabama did with Saban. If I am wrong, oh well. It is worth the phone call.
First of all, Pete Carroll and Nick Saban left the NFL to go back to college because they had been miserable failures at that level. Same with Spurrier and Petrino. There are plenty of guys that did that. The successful ones don't go back. This time, Pete Carroll is never going back.

Foley can make all the phone calls to guys like Bill Cowher all he wants. It's not going to happen. If you can give me a single example where it has happened, I'm all ears.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Btw, I can't think of a really successful NFL HBC taking over the reigns of a college program. And no, I don't view Dennis Erickson or Bobby Ross as successful at the NFL level.

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
I can see this is not the place for a cogent discussion. You sure don't encourage a new guy to share ideas. Even if you disagree, you could provide substantive evidence to support your position. Maybe that is too much to ask. I also recommended Gary Patterson but because he has a defensive background that would be out of the question even though his team scored 58 Saturday night. I guess if he was a more offensive minded coach they would have scored 62 and won. Do you not see how silly that argument is?? Good grief. Have a good night everyone

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Crunchtime;n80086 said:
Even if you disagree, you could provide substantive evidence to support your position. Maybe that is too much to ask.
I did it twice. Maybe you need reading lessons.

Why are people so thin skinned? I really didn't think I was attacking anyone.

Crunchtime

Sep 18, 2014
Your response was posted while I was typing. Ok, you don't want Bill...it is a waste of time. Got it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Crunchtime;n80094 said:
Your response was posted while I was typing. Ok, you don't want Bill...it is a waste of time. Got it.
It's not that I don't want him, I just don't think he's anywhere near a realistic candidate.

I'd take Pee-Wee Herman at this point.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Crunchtime;n80086 said:
I can see this is not the place for a cogent discussion. You sure don't encourage a new guy to share ideas. Even if you disagree, you could provide substantive evidence to support your position. Maybe that is too much to ask. I also recommended Gary Patterson but because he has a defensive background that would be out of the question even though his team scored 58 Saturday night. I guess if he was a more offensive minded coach they would have scored 62 and won. Do you not see how silly that argument is?? Good grief. Have a good night everyone
I feel bad now. I'll shut up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Crunchtime;80086 said:
I just don't know of a single instance where a successful NFL coach went to a major College program. I like the idea of Gary Patterson but the culture of Florida football is offense. Although the reality is the greatest teams had the best defenses in the country. I don't think the Gator Nation could handle the hiring of another DC HBC.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Crunchtime;n80086 said:
I can see this is not the place for a cogent discussion.

Rub some dirt on it. I'm not sure you're tough enough for the internet.

Seriously, lighten up. Welcome aboard and have fun... as much as we can right now.

PaulDrake

Della Street's Baby Daddy
Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n80071 said:
The Michigan fans are smoking dope if they really think Jim Harbaugh is going to go there. He could have his pick of about 10 NFL teams when he leaves the 49ers. The NFL is cushier, higher paying, higher profile, and no recruiting. It's much more of a plum job than college.

I think Les Miles is going to take that job. If he does it would be interesting to see him and Urbs annually battle it out in the OSU vs UM game. Their record vs. one another is 3 - 3. Every program with successful coaches has down years. Miles might not go, but I think he just might make the jump.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n80078 said:
The only nfl coach I would want is Chip, but he's not coming. Has anyone mentioned Kirwin Bell?
are you ****ing kidding?

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
-THE DUDE-;n80117 said:
are you ****ing kidding?
when-everyone-laughs-at-a-joke-you-dont-get-jonotron.gif

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Harbaugh leaves the Niners and goes back to UM.

Gundy from Okie State would be the only splash hire Foley could make, so as I've predicted, he'll make the typical Foley hire and bring in Schiano, and probably the MRSA as well.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Crunchtime;n80086 said:

Lighten up Francis!

You made a nice post and it got some replies.... consider yourself Hazed!

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n80078 said:
The only nfl coach I would want is Chip, but he's not coming. Has anyone mentioned Kirwin Bell?

Who? :dunno:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator