A great Gator, a greater man was lost

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
On December 23, a dear family friend and great Gator passed away.

His annual Florida-Florida State parties were legendary, but that is nothing compared to the good he did for his community, country and family.

He was an original, and will never be replaced.

Prayers for his family.

Epilogue: A local lawyer and volunteer, James Butler flew nearly 1,000 missions in Vietnam

Sorry for your loss...sounds like the world is a lesser place today. Thoughts and prayers for you and the family.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Wow-
I’m continually in amazement at what those guys endured over there and the incredible bravery they displayed.
That is a true hero.
RIP Marine.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
On December 23, a dear family friend and great Gator passed away.

His annual Florida-Florida State parties were legendary, but that is nothing compared to the good he did for his community, country and family.

He was an original, and will never be replaced.

Prayers for his family.

Epilogue: A local lawyer and volunteer, James Butler flew nearly 1,000 missions in Vietnam
I’m so sorry for your loss. He sounds like one Badass Dude. Prayers from you and the family. The world lost a good one.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
I want to thank each of you who read the article.

He was a Very special person, and his story is worth being shared.

He had the coolest voice too. Picture George C Marshall in Patton, but Jim had a bit more gravel in it.

Miss him, but man, am I glad I got to know him.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Condolences. Sure seems like he was a fine man. And a lucky one. Quite a few DFCs are awarded posthumously and yet he earned two and lived to tell about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.