A truly unique schedule

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Really don't like having two FCS teams on our schedule in back to back seasons. Last year was weird because of the Idaho rescheduled game, seeing how we rescheduled that game while they were still FBS. But we should at least be able to squeeze in some G5 team early in September instead of UT-Martin or Towson.

GatorTom85

Mar 22, 2016
Really don't like having two FCS teams on our schedule in back to back seasons. Last year was weird because of the Idaho rescheduled game, seeing how we rescheduled that game while they were still FBS. But we should at least be able to squeeze in some G5 team early in September instead of UT-Martin or Towson.

Can't really argue with that though this year we are at least playing both UM and FSU to somewhat offset the lameness. A bye week before UT Martin is an especially ironic twist. ☺️

Nomadigator

Veni vidi facepalmi
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2018
Tactical value of this one-off, supremely special schedule:

1) +10 practices above the norm allowing extra week of OL development before the SEC grind.
2) Bye week 1 is cupcake week with potential value for extra UK away prep as well.
3) Bye week 2 is standard but bye week 3 before Swamp-bound WiLLLLLLLieT-Ball is priceless.

Strategic value unchained: scUM Week 0 only game in Town USA. 'Nuff said.

HOT DAYUM 'tis Grande to Be a :chomp:

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
"UTM was a somewhat late add to Florida’s schedule, with the game made public in February 2018, but still. Imagine if Florida somehow goes 6-6 and misses a bowl because it decided to play the Skyhawks instead of a garden-variety Sun Belt team."

.......A very late date to be finding an opponent in football, any opponent. 6-6 is NOT in play.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure the FCS schools are cheaper to get here, and we're pinching every penny for the new football facility that's opening in 202?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure the FCS schools are cheaper to get here, and we're pinching every penny for the new football facility that's opening in 202?
Cowbell always had two FCS games too. So did Bowden near the end when he needed every win he could get.

You gotta be careful scheduling Sunbelt teams. You don't want a South Alabama coming in and embarrassing your powerhouse team at home. Best to stick with the Towsons of the world.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Cowbell always had two FCS games too. So did Bowden near the end when he needed every win he could get.

You gotta be careful scheduling Sunbelt teams. You don't want a South Alabama coming in and embarrassing your powerhouse team at home. Best to stick with the Towsons of the world.
We're playing South Alabama in 2020.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Can't really argue with that though this year we are at least playing both UM and FSU to somewhat offset the lameness. A bye week before UT Martin is an especially ironic twist. ☺️
Though if guys get a little dinged against scUM, they have three weeks to heal before the UK game as I suspect we could hold out pretty much all the starters and beat UT-M.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

CS, I think most people agree w/ you on not playing two FBS teams. The problem is there are only a certain number of G5 teams out there and every other SEC team/P5 team is trying to schedule them. The AD's office should be on this 5+ years ahead of time to ensure we have at least two G5 teams scheduled (most years, but this year one would have been fine since we're playing Miami).

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Normally I don't like it either, but I agree its excusable in a year we have Miami and FSU scheduled along with our conference play. Actually, with FSU we're close to three patsies so nevermind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.