Add to the Bucket List

Dec 10, 2014
Everybody has different backgrounds and life experience. Add something from your life experience/career that you think all people should experience or do.

Mine is try a case or be a juror I think a lot of people don't understand how our legal system works. I've tried my fair share of cases, and it has given me a wonderful perspective on life. It has allowed me to understand that I have to understand where people who don't agree with me are coming from. The civil service of jury duty is the most important in the land outside of voting. I think it may be more important than voting because voting comes with an agenda. Jury service should come with no biases or agenda. I would love to be a juror one day, but I doubt I ever will. If you have a law degree or are thinking of going to law, school my bucket list suggestion would be to try one case. If you have no interest in law school, then my suggestion would be watch a trial from start to finish and ask the legal teams any questions that you might have developed while watching. If you have ever have the chance to serve as juror, go in being Fair and Impartial and serve.

Dec 10, 2014
WobbleGator;n192730 said:
Visit the Grand Canyon.

I have a few Grand Canyon stories. I went on a plane tour of part of it as a kid. The plane that I was on crashed a week later. Lucked out on that.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n192735 said:
I have a few Grand Canyon stories. I went on a plane tour of part of it as a kid. The plane that I was on crashed a week later. Lucked out on that.

Well if you are going to go, might as well be in a beautiful place.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Visit the Normandy Invasion area. Tour the museums and cemeteries. Walk through the bunkers that remain and view the beach from them when the tide is out and portions of the floating pier are visible.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm a simple guy, but I've done a lot in life, other than travel the world. I've been to London, but that's about it. So I wouldn't mind going to Ireland, New Zealand, South America (you get the picture).
But all I really want is to live long enough to enjoy retirement - play golf a few times a week, drink daily, and complain about everything (I plan to be a pretty surly old man, if I live that long).

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorBart;n192777 said:
I'm a simple guy, but I've done a lot in life, other than travel the world. I've been to London, but that's about it. So I wouldn't mind going to Ireland, New Zealand, South America (you get the picture).
But all I really want is to live long enough to enjoy retirement - play golf a few times a week, drink daily, and complain about everything (I plan to be a pretty surly old man, if I live that long).

I've considered moving to Costa Rica or Panama when I retire. Get drunk all day and catch crotch rot from skanky old whores.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jabberdave;n192778 said:
I've considered moving to Costa Rica or Panama when I retire. Get drunk all day and catch crotch rot from skanky old whores.

Attachments

• conv_2682.gif
    conv_2682.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 60

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
1. Watch your favorite team win a National Championship in person (I'm blessed, 3 for 3).

2. Own a crazy-fast car (or bike). Drive it (or ride it) like you stole it.

3. Be somebody's Best Man (lucky to have done it 3 times).

4. Give away a bride, especially a daughter (I've given away a girl twice but neither was a daughter).

5. Celebrate a special anniversary with dinner at a restaurant located halfway up the Eiffel Tower, then watch the lights come on. Pure magic.

6. Visit the pyramids in Egypt (still on my to-do list)

7. Pro Football HOF induction (was there to see Emmitt get in)

8. See a Super Bowl in person (still on my to-do list)

9. Attend a Summer Olympics (still on my to-do list)

10. Walk into a venue with a woman on your arm that is so beautiful that the room goes silent in awe.

11. Have lots and lots of freaky circus sex with a very naughty, very dirty, psycho-girl. (but for God's sake, don't marry her!)

12. Celebrate Mardi Gras in New Orleans (done several times)

Alex.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n192783 said:
I heard you can't catch what you already have

Says the guy with eight pound monkey balls. :dance2:

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I have a few, I might not make them:

Scuba dive in the Bahamas and perhaps other interesting areas. I am too out of shape to pass the requirements and would want very nice setup that you can breath through your nose.

Retire to Venice Fl with a pool and hot tub of my own. Probably will make it happen, restraint is I am cheap and very conservative in spending money.

Drive a NASCAR type vehicle as fast as I would like. Being cheap and not really capable of getting in a car through the window are constraints. Might happen when I move to Fl.

Catch large fish in a variety of places around the world. Constraint is I am cheap. I have fished in some nice places but not in the Arctic or in private areas where large bass are found. I might spend some money on this once I live in Fl. The Arctic is really nice but I am probably not in good enough shape to do it, I do recommend it to anybody who likes to catch fish and does not mind a long plane trip.

Live longer than my ex-wife. Constraint is her genes and physical condition are better than mine. I really should not care about this but being truthful.

See in person a drag race. Might happen when I move to Fl since there are several options including in Gville.

See a cure for various diseases especially Diabetes, as an alternative for Diabetes a non contact continuous monitoring system and insulin from a self regulating source. They are working on both and I expect that they will make it prior to my leaving the Earth. Cost might be an issue.

See a robotic solution for elder care rather than having a human assist you. I expect this as well, but cost might be an issue.

See our country be more unified with most people actually doing what is best for our country rather than what gets them elected or just helps their group. I don't ever expect this to happen, but it should be number one on my list.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tour a US aircraft carrier.
Land/take-off from an aircraft carrier.
Spend Christmas or a holiday that is special to you in Paris or another famous city in a country other than the one you live in or were born in.
Learn to play a musical instrument.

Vulcan I would love to have driven one of those Nascar type cars when I was younger. I don't think I have the nerve for it anymore, unfortunately.

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I've done two super bowls. Meh. Surprisingly subdued atmosphere. Bunch of corporate dudes who don't care who wins.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n192892 said:
Spend Christmas or a holiday that is special to you in Paris or another famous city in a country other than the one you live in or were born in.

Vulcan I would love to have driven one of those Nascar type cars when I was younger. I don't think I have the nerve for it anymore, unfortunately.

Well they don't let you go that fast. I might add taking a ride with say Jeff Gordon who I really like. Perhaps he will do this after retirement.

I would like to visit the carrier in NYC but my back makes any standing and some walking painful. I have been in a U boat that they have in Chicago and in the Coal mine they have there also. Both were nice but too old to do again.

I have been to FermiLab but was quite disappointed, just a large building with some gages in it. At least I got to go there. They do some Cancer treatments and I expect when they close down that will go away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermilab

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
NavetG8r;n192892 said:

I've toured the Midway in San Diego harbor. That was pretty damn cool.

If you're a fan of flight, the bucket list item for you is Wright-Patterson in Ohio. The museum of the US Air Force. I've been to the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum and it's really cool, but Wright-Patt is just massive. It's freakin' incredible. They don't just have one example of an airplane, they have several, and usually important examples, like a plane belonging to an ace, or the last one off the production line, etc. They not only have production models, they have test beds, they have prototypes of the hottest stuff in the sky today. Last time I went, Memphis Belle was being restored. I saw the graffiti the factory workers wrote on it in pencil before it was painted. It's amazing. It's Disney for folks who like planes.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb