Add to the Bucket List

Dec 10, 2014
stephenPE;n193693 said:
Been there. Awe inspiring. True story. We went with my FIL a vet of WW2. Rode train into Paris. We took a subway and he was robbed. Pickpockets.
He was angry and freaked. So we rented a car and drove to Normandy. Saw the beaches and pill boxes. Went into a museum and when the older French found out he had come in during D Day (in a glider) they ALL HAD to have a pic with him. It was like Patton had shown up. He was so happy and it made us forget the subway incident.
Been to the Grand Canyon. When UF played Nebraska in the massacre.

Watch out! You've commented about experiencing two, repeat TWO, things that other people have posted about. You're now a braggart.

:lol:

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;n193727 said:
Watch out! You've commented about experiencing two, repeat TWO, things that other people have posted about. You're now a braggart.

:lol:

Attachments

• conv_2702.gif
    conv_2702.gif
    414.2 KB · Views: 48

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n193693 said:
Been there. Awe inspiring. True story. We went with my FIL a vet of WW2. Rode train into Paris. We took a subway and he was robbed. Pickpockets.
He was angry and freaked. So we rented a car and drove to Normandy. Saw the beaches and pill boxes. Went into a museum and when the older French found out he had come in during D Day (in a glider) they ALL HAD to have a pic with him. It was like Patton had shown up. He was so happy and it made us forget the subway incident.

Gee two more places that you have been that I won't pay to go to but would enjoy. Somewhat jealous.

Dec 10, 2014
GatorJ;n194510 said:
Slash Nav's tires

That reminds me of a funny story. There's a radio guy in Gainesville named Larry Vitale. During an fsu game in '93 (I think), his minivan was crushed from people standing on it . He occasionally complains about it and blasts fsu fans for messing up his minivan. I worked with a guy who spilled the beans that it was his fraternity who did it (a UF frat). They just didn't like Vitale and his minivan.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PatDooleySucks;194566 said:
That reminds me of a funny story. There's a radio guy in Gainesville named Larry Vitale. During an fsu game in '93 (I think), his minivan was crushed from people standing on it . He occasionally complains about it and blasts fsu fans for messing up his minivan. I worked with a guy who spilled the beans that it was his fraternity who did it (a UF frat). They just didn't like Vitale and his minivan.

Vitale is such a tool.

Jabberdave

Founding Member
Your mom is very pretty.
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n193693 said:

I'm glad to hear the locals responded the way they did. I went on what was basically a field trip with school. We spent four or five days in the area. I lived in Germany for nearly 11 years and I've seen some really cool ****. That trip is one that really stands out to me. I think it is why I'm such a nut for WWII stuff.

Two other things that I saw while there that stand out to me to this day are the Berlin Wall (obviously not there anymore) and the Dachau concentration camp. The concentration camp had this one area of flowers that was well kept. It was probably 25'x25'. The sign next to it said there were more than 11,000 Jews buried there. I still have a rock that I picked up from one of the paths. My mother refused to walk through the gas chamber because she said it still smelled like gas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb