Adrian Peterson indicted in Texas for spanking son

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
There's blood in the water. Ray Rice has been destroyed, now it's Peterson's turn. He's taken his last snap.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't get it. I don't hit my kids. And I don't hit my wife. Why does an NFL RB need to switch their kid?

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Juice boxes for everybody. When I was a kid if I was out of line, my mom or dad would pop the nearest body part they could reach.

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I have no problem with spanking, but a switch? Seriously?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In the earliest days it was the hand. Then it was the belt. Finally it was a wooden paddle. It rarely had to be done because it worked.

I never did get hit with a switch as it was a little before my time. The switch was mostly the 60's and back.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Apparently they applied that paddle to your head. Speaking of the paddle, I became quite familiar with that little apparatus once I hit middle school. Our dean was a short round man that just loved to beat my ass.

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Our modern society is soft.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Man, I got hit with belts from my Mom and swtiches from my Grandmother. You can sit there and say " oh I never hit my child" and to those I say good for you. However, lets not act like spanking a child for acting out is the same as hitting your wife in the face.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30 said:
I have no problem with spanking, but a switch? Seriously?
The switch was a special treat. "Go cut me a switch, and it better not break!" Having to go out and pick and cut the switch you were gonna get your ass beat with gave you time to think about what was coming.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
How can Peterson not get the Rice treatment? The only abuse that could be worse than beating your woman is beating your kids. Spank those kids if it's what needs to be done but to use a weapon and leave those kind of marks...smh. I keep hearing the, "well we got whooped as kids and turned out alright" argument but times have changed. Just cause you got whooped as a kid doesn't mean you can whoop your kids and who the hell said you turned out alright? How many of us were probably left in hot cars when we were kids while our parents "ran in" somewhere. You know better than to do that today. And the most damning aspect for Peterson's career is the timing. Coincidence that this incident that took place in May is coming out after everything that's gone down recently?

Tampa Gator

Banned
Banned
Sep 5, 2014
If you have to resort to beating your child with a stick you are a poor excuse for a parent. Mr. Peterson needs a time out.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
There's a difference between spanking and abuse. If you have seen the pictures, then you know this is a case of abuse. AP went to far.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tampa Gator said:
If you have to resort to beating your child with a stick you are a poor excuse for a parent. Mr. Peterson needs a time out.
Do you know how many parents have used belts, switches, hands etc. to discipline their child? All of those can be considered weapons. You mean to tell me all of them need/needed a time out? There is no way you could be serious now.

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Tampa Gator said:
The greatest generations in American history grew up with corporal punishment while the modern leeching generations did not. I'll go with cp thanks.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tampa Gator;n48458 said:

"f**k off"..... said millions of people who's parents applied well timed & appropriate physical consequences to stupid deserving behavior of their children. Maybe you need another "participation trophy". Think you could use a broader brush to insult others? What a di*k.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30 said:
There's a difference between spanking and abuse. If you have seen the pictures, then you know this is a case of abuse. AP went to far.
I didn't see any pictures on the linked article. You have? If so, please share it.

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
maheo30 said:
So he should get the death penalty huh?

the_alphagator1906

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
itsgr82bag8r said:
Tampa Gator;n48458 said:

"f**k off"..... said millions of people who's parents applied well timed & appropriate physical consequences to stupid deserving behavior of their children. Maybe you need another "participation trophy". Think you could use a broader brush to insult others? What a di*k.
^^This...man I love GatorChatter...you can just speak your mind and not get punished. lol

maheo30

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
maheo30 said:
Where did I mention death penalty? O_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator