Ads issue

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
I’m not sure if it’s just me but this site has been impossible to use lately due to the volume of ads that redirect me to other sites.

Is the mobile experience for non members intended to be this bad or should I be using an app?

The coaching search has been ruined for me! /sarcasm

playzwtrux

Founding Member
Wait,... what?
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone recommend a good ad blocker?

I'm with doopree.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
@oxrageous yeah it has been crazy. Some times I view the pages without logging in and it is redirect city, so bad I thought I had a virus or something. It did it on both Iphone and Android.

Its bad enough that Im sure it will run people off.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Did anyone else get roped into buying that $70 lunchbox from Duluth Trading Co like UncleDuval did? It was a nice lunchbox.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
That redirect ad is NOT authorized and my ad providers are trying like hell to squash it. It is malicious and nothing I would ever throw on the membership.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Are you guys getting the redirect to amazon?

I dont think so. It starts by locking up the page and showing a white box that says you have been selected to win something. You cant close it out, only option is click ok or close the browser.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I just changed a couple of things. This is only an issue on mobile. Clear the cache on your browser and tell me if it's still an issue.

21Jump

Nov 5, 2017
That redirect ad is NOT authorized and my ad providers are trying like hell to squash it. It is malicious and nothing I would ever throw on the membership.

Well its not just the Amazon ad. I will start taking screen shots if you like. If I buy a lifetime membership can I avoid the ads?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Well its not just the Amazon ad. I will start taking screen shots if you like. If I buy a lifetime membership can I avoid the ads?
A supporting membership kills all ads, yes. I believe you about the redirects because they have happened to me. I just changed some things and I want to see if they are still happening from this point forward - just clear the cache on your browser.

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
I just changed a couple of things. This is only an issue on mobile. Clear the cache on your browser and tell me if it's still an issue.
So far so good after clearing cache. I'll let you know if I see any more re-directs.

Thanks man.

UncleDuval

I'm petty AF.
Lifetime Member
Nov 15, 2017
Did anyone else get roped into buying that $70 lunchbox from Duluth Trading Co like UncleDuval did? It was a nice lunchbox.

Best $$$ I've ever spent. Can't wait to not pack my lunch in it.

200w.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.