Ah, Baton Rouge at night

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Sadly, no. I went in 97 and had one of the most miserable of drives home. Miserable.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Who else was there?

Apparently McElwain. Looks like he showed up to handle clock management on the final few plays.

Huge win at the time. Wasn't there, but remember thinking we were going to win the SEC after that. We had the DL for it. It's no surprise that Spurrier was able to change our trajectory so quickly. We had some athletes, and you could see the conference was in no way ready for the passing attack he was about to unleash.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'll just say this, my fellow Delts and I were camping at the LSU Delt house while we were there and they were supposed to have a huge party that night. After the game we stumbled back over there and it was a ghost town but somebody had a football and we re-enacted the last two plays over and over again in their front yard. Even if whoever kicked the ball squibbed it on the ground or shanked it horribly, we called it good and ran around the place with our arms up in the TD signal screaming "It's good! It's good!" Needless to say the big party was canceled.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
85 and 93, I think. I seem to recall Ike Hilliard having a big game in his home state, but not much else.

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member

Who else was there?

Was in Simpson Hall, watching on TV, as best I can remember -- I still don't know how that kick made it, but was very happy it did.

GatorAuthor

Bringing Prestige Worldwide
Feb 24, 2016
I'll just say this, my fellow Delts and I were camping at the LSU Delt house while we were there and they were supposed to have a huge party that night. After the game we stumbled back over there and it was a ghost town but somebody had a football and we re-enacted the last two plays over and over again in their front yard. Even if whoever kicked the ball squibbed it on the ground or shanked it horribly, we called it good and ran around the place with our arms up in the TD signal screaming "It's good! It's good!" Needless to say the big party was canceled.
You were a Tri-Delt? I knew some of your red hot sisters back in the day. That was a strong group in late 80's early 90's. Ah, memories.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Not there - but sitting in a car in Tallahassee behind Poor Paul’s Pourhouse listening on the radio. Yelling at Arden...
Great night.

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
'01 & '03

Spurrier's last visit as a Gator, that was a show! Wife & I made a pit stop on I-49 just below Alex and an LSU fan with TX plates stated, 'ya know y'all are going to lose". I just said, let them play the game and see what happens. It was a good thing Josh Reed did not have twin brother playing.

Zuke & Zaunbraker put a little Zookerball on them. Listening to the local call in show after the game was Hillaryous!

I later met Josh Reed's father, he was a truck driver and hauled feed,crawfish bait, etc. out of the plant I managed in Shreveport.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
They do, this whole fear of LSU at night is ridiculous.

I think our only night win there since Spurrier was with Tebow and company in 09. Haven't really looked at their numbers in all those night games after Spurrier was our coach but it seems they win usually at night there when the other team isn't Bama.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
Wasnt there but remember yelling at the TV all night. Was a frustrating and great game all wrapped up in one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.