Air fryers

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Mrs. Nalt has been saying that she would like to have an air fryer. Target has this one, PowerXL Vortex Air Fryer- 7qt - Black on sale for $69. It is a 7 quart fryer for only $20 more than their 3 quart fryer of the same brand. I figured, for $20 and getting more than double the cooking capacity, why not? Was this a good purchase? What brands do you guys have and use.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think I have a ninja and wish we had gotten one that is bigger. We primarily use it for the kids because it’s too small to cook much for adults. But it’s awesome and we use it almost daily

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Mrs. Nalt has been saying that she would like to have an air fryer. Target has this one, PowerXL Vortex Air Fryer- 7qt - Black on sale for $69. It is a 7 quart fryer for only $20 more than their 3 quart fryer of the same brand. I figured, for $20 and getting more than double the cooking capacity, why not? Was this a good purchase? What brands do you guys have and use.

Nalt, for you and your 72 kids you need the larger one! We do wings, potatoes, cheesesticks etc in ours and they are great. Your boys will love it.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Nalt, for you and your 72 kids you need the larger one! We do wings, potatoes, cheesesticks etc in ours and they are great. Your boys will love it.
Thanks. I did get the 7 quart fryer. It will definitely come in handy. And for the record, we've narrowed it down to just 2 kids still at home now. But you already knew that... :tongue:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Thanks. I did get the 7 quart fryer. It will definitely come in handy. And for the record, we've narrowed it down to just 2 kids still at home now. But you already knew that... :tongue:

Fine, buy one big enough for you and your 72 raccoons then! Is K still feeding them? :lol:

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Fine, buy one big enough for you and your 72 raccoons then! Is K still feeding them? :lol:
When they come around, yes. She told me recently that they usually come in full force through the winter but so far this year they have been pretty scarce since the weather has cooled off.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
What the heck do you need one of those things for? It’s common knowledge that all you Bammers just cook your roadkill over the pile of smoldering tires in the front yard....

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Go as big as you dare. After seeing our son’s I bought a slightly smaller one since he’s got a family of 6 and we are empty nesters. Within a few weeks my wife insisted we get a bigger one. Main reason is she likes to cook enough for ample leftovers, but if you’re doing wings or 2 items at once you will want the capacity.

I think our current one is 7 quarts.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

Seeing this just now. Right move!

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Go as big as you dare. After seeing our son’s I bought a slightly smaller one since he’s got a family of 6 and we are empty nesters. Within a few weeks my wife insisted we get a bigger one. Main reason is she likes to cook enough for ample leftovers, but if you’re doing wings or 2 items at once you will want the capacity.

I think our current one is 7 quarts.
So roughly how long does it take to go from totally raw to fully cooked chicken wings?

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
So roughly how long does it take to go from totally raw to fully cooked chicken wings?

This is probably not the correct way but it’s what I do. On ours (different model) I marinate the chicken wings for several hours in butter, salt, garlic and wing sauce and then do 20-25 of the them in the air fryer for about 30 minutes. Turning them occasionally. Smaller wings cook faster so I remove some and then continue to cook the others. Some people may do dry wings or with some flour and then do a sauce later.

The best part about the air fryer is that you don't have the uneven cooking with the grill and they won't catch on fire (unless you are doing it wrong). ;)

Last edited:

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

20-30 minutes depending on the size of the wings, how hot you set it and how crispy you want them.

My son draws moisture out of the skin first using corn starch, but we don’t bother with that.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Whenever buying anything for the kitchen, I look up America’s Test Kitchen and see if they’ve done a comparison test. They are very thorough and practical. Pretty sure they’ve done a comparison on air fryers...yup here it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator