AITA--Am I The A...

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Am I The Ass Hole?

(on this site, you can write ass and hole separately, but if you try to join them together you get *******)

Anyway...

Didja ever do something and wonder if you're being an ass hole? Maybe your wife did something? Your co-worker, neighbor, or your kid? You think they're the one being the ass hole but you're just not sure? Looking for validation? Stop wondering. The collective wit and wisdom of GCMB is here to answer all your questions. Tell us your story, and we'll tell you if you're the ass hole or if it's somebody else in your story.

Here is an example from Reddit:

AITA for not wanting to name my son after my wife’s dead best friend?​

My wife “Kate” (26f) and I (28m) are expecting our first baby in about 3 months. We’ve been married for 2 years now and known each other for about 4. She’s from a different state so I don’t personally know all of her childhood friends/extended family and such.
Long story short we were finalizing baby name ideas and decided on (first name) “Pete” (last name). I was content until we mentioned the name around her mom and she mentioned how “beautiful” it was and how it was a kind way to honor “Pete”.
I’m awkward in person so I waited until we were alone to ask Kate what her mom meant. Turns out Pete was Kate’s best friend from grade school on up. Unfortunately Pete got addicted to hard drugs and passed away about 3 years before I met Kate. Her excuse for not telling me was it’s hard to talk about him.
While I understand the sentiment I don’t want my son carrying the name of not only someone my wife lost but also an addict. I’ve suggested other names we both considered in the past but Kate refuses to budge.
I just don’t get why she wants to be reminded of something so horrible every time she calls our sons name. AITA?

Sample ADG response:

NTA. She was clearly banging this dude and is still carrying a torch for him. She wishes the kid was his, not yours. That's why she lied by not giving you the backstory. Better luck with your next wife (yes, your next wife, this one's definitely going to cheat on you with some other drugged-out "bad boy" in a futile attempt recapture the thrill of her relationship with Pete). In the meantime, remember, she's only pregnant. It's not like her jaw is broken.

Alex.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Am I The Ass Hole?

(on this site, you can write ass and hole separately, but if you try to join them together you get *******)

Anyway...

Didja ever do something and wonder if you're being an ass hole? Maybe your wife did something? Your co-worker, neighbor, or your kid? You think they're the one being the ass hole but you're just not sure? Looking for validation? Stop wondering. The collective wit and wisdom of GCMB is here to answer all your questions. Tell us your story, and we'll tell you if you're the ass hole or if it's somebody else in your story.

Sample ADG response:

NTA. She was clearly banging this dude and is still carrying a torch for him. She wishes the kid was his, not yours. That's why she lied by not giving you the backstory. Better luck with your next wife (yes, your next wife, this one's definitely going to cheat on you with some other drugged-out "bad boy" in a futile attempt recapture the thrill of her relationship with Pete). In the meantime, remember, she's only pregnant. It's not like her jaw is broken.

Alex.
People Applause GIF by MOODMAN

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Am I The Ass Hole?

Anyway...

Sample ADG response:

Alex.
Except Pete Davidson is still alive, he got sober and is still bangin' his 26 year old wife...

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
Ask for a paternity test, it might not even be his. Not too mention how the kid will feel when he finds out why his name is Pete

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wait, who are we supposed to be judging?
Alex or the husband?
We know I’m an ass hole. We’re judging the husband or his lying ass wife.

Actually, that’s just an example. You’re supposed to post your own story and then we judge you. Like that time you refused to let the “baby on board” minivan merge into traffic and nearly ran it off the road only because it had an FSU tag on it. Or maybe that time you stiffed your bartender on the tip because she was flirting with your husband and ignoring you.

Alex.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Am I The Ass Hole?

Anyway...

Sample ADG response:

Alex.

This response is 100% accurate. Every element of this story wreaks of dishonesty from the wife.
This is the beginning of the end of this relationship.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I've been banned from that subreddit more times than I can count. Apparently I'm the ass hole for calling out ass holes.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'm usually the ass hole, but if you don't mind, it don't matter.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Ok, here goes. I was screwing this guys mom, he'll go un-named so we'll call him Alex. Anyways, his pictures are all over this house, I mean, the walls, the bedroom, the nightstand. Anywho, I had to flip all those around and just told her we had an earthquake.

AITA?

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Ok, here goes. I was screwing this guys mom, he'll go un-named so we'll call him Alex. Anyways, his pictures are all over this house, I mean, the walls, the bedroom, the nightstand. Anywho, I had to flip all those around and just told her we had an earthquake.

AITA?
Yes.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
In the given story, the wife pulled that sht intentionally. She IS the whole ass.

In my experience, I’ve been the ass, but never intentionally. I’ve shorted a bill for dinner by leaving the wrong cash amount on the table (found $20 in my wallet that should have been part of the bill).

Knowing the waitress would have to cover the rest, I went back the next day to make it up. Because, I was the (unintentional) ass.

——
Plenty of other stupid moments in my life where I played the whole ass to varying degrees. Sometimes thru ignorance, sometimes because I was THAT irate dad at a kids game. It happens.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Ok, I'll play AITA

A year ago there was a chick flick I wanted to see that the family didn't and my friends were busy. You had to purchase the ticket online and reserve your seat. I picked a prime spot in the center and reclined my seat back ready for the movie. Two ladies came in just before the movie started and tried to sound surprised as they said out loud "Oh look, I guess we can't sit together..." waiting for me to volunteer to move over but I didn't. Finally the one with the worst seat asked if I would trade with her. I said no but I was willing to trade with her friend that had the better of the two seats so we did. Turns out her seat didn't recline so I then moved to the next best empty seat. Minutes later the owner of that seat came and claimed it. Me being the ass hole, I asked for my original seat back because hers wouldn't recline. She obliged but then they furiously texted each other right beside me.

Oh well.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ok, I'll play AITA

A year ago there was a chick flick I wanted to see that the family didn't and my friends were busy. You had to purchase the ticket online and reserve your seat. I picked a prime spot in the center and reclined my seat back ready for the movie. Two ladies came in just before the movie started and tried to sound surprised as they said out loud "Oh look, I guess we can't sit together..." waiting for me to volunteer to move over but I didn't. Finally the one with the worst seat asked if I would trade with her. I said no but I was willing to trade with her friend that had the better of the two seats so we did. Turns out her seat didn't recline so I then moved to the next best empty seat. Minutes later the owner of that seat came and claimed it. Me being the ass hole, I asked for my original seat back because hers wouldn't recline. She obliged but then they furiously texted each other right beside me.

Oh well.
Kudos! You’re my kinda b*tch.

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Kudos! You’re my kinda b*tch.
Thanks, I guess.

Used to be a nice person. The day I stood up for myself I lost my closest girl-friend. That was difficult.
It was for the best and I figured out how to put up my boundaries. Too bad our daughter won't listen to any advice we try to give her. AITA?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks, I guess.

Used to be a nice person. The day I stood up for myself I lost my closest girl-friend. That was difficult.
It was for the best and I figured out how to put up my boundaries. Too bad our daughter won't listen to any advice we try to give her. AITA?
I don’t waste any calories worrying about if someone likes or dislikes me. I figure that’s their problem. Trying to instill that into my son. Little hope for the wife. She’s just too fuching nice. :lol:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Alright, I'll play.

My company is over the top generous with expense reimbursement. Luckily, we really dont have a lot of personal expenses. But nearly everyone has a professional organization and is licensed. So we cover all that.

My newest employee has been with us for about a year. He's a royal jackass and is slated to be fired in a few weeks. He's failed his certification exam 3 times now. He just turned in his expenses from last year. One was a $300 bill from the exam company for a "detailed results summary". Which he was interested in because he failed. Another was $190 bill from a "Kinkos" because he took a bunch of our reports and had them copied. We have really nice copiers in every office. AND all the reports are available online for FREE and can be printed directly to our printers at our desk.

I denied both of those. AITA?

Seedy

Totally not CDGator
Oct 17, 2020
Alright, I'll play.

My company is over the top generous with expense reimbursement. Luckily, we really dont have a lot of personal expenses. But nearly everyone has a professional organization and is licensed. So we cover all that.

My newest employee has been with us for about a year. He's a royal jackass and is slated to be fired in a few weeks. He's failed his certification exam 3 times now. He just turned in his expenses from last year. One was a $300 bill from the exam company for a "detailed results summary". Which he was interested in because he failed. Another was $190 bill from a "Kinkos" because he took a bunch of our reports and had them copied. We have really nice copiers in every office. AND all the reports are available online for FREE and can be printed directly to our printers at our desk.

I denied both of those. AITA?
Really depends on the certification in question. I mean, I think He ITA for failing 3 times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.