AITA--Am I The A...

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So this morning on the way to drop off the kiddo at school, there was a group of HS kids walking on the sidewalk and a gust of wind blew one of their hats into the road, through my lane, and into the next lane over. I'm doing about 40mph and there are no other cars around me. I see out of my peripheral that the kid is waiting for me to pass by to retrieve the hat, which comes to a rest with the logo facing me. I instantly recognize the Native American caricature with its mouth open, ready to give head, and instinctively swerve to run it over.

AITA?

Running over the hat? NTA. That's easy.

Running over the kid? Not entirely unjustified, but maybe you ATA (unless the owner of the hat is Darnell Dockett, in which case you'd be dealing out some richly deserved justice).

Alex.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
This is a good one. I had a fat m'fer next to me several years ago - I booked the aisle seat and he had the middle, and was sitting in my seat when I got there....and asked "do you mind if I take this seat?" I was fuming the entire flight. Sitting in gen-pop sucks!

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
mr bean GIF

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
This is a good one. I had a fat m'fer next to me several years ago - I booked the aisle seat and he had the middle, and was sitting in my seat when I got there....and asked "do you mind if I take this seat?" I was fuming the entire flight. Sitting in gen-pop sucks!

So you actually gave up your seat to him? At least sitting in the aisle seat you would have had a little room to lean away from him. Of course, the drink cart hitting your shoulder might not have felt good though...

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
So you actually gave up your seat to him? At least sitting in the aisle seat you would have had a little room to lean away from him. Of course, the drink cart hitting your shoulder might not have felt good though...

Similar to the guy in the story - I was sort of bullied into it. He was already sitting in my seat and the flight attendant was there saying we needed to be seated. It was f'cked up, and like I said, I was fuming the entire flight. Wouldn't happen again - but I was sort of caught off guard, not expecting to have to deal with a 'situation', just expecting to sit down in the seat I booked....smh

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
Reason #264 why I hate flying and, generally, do not fly. If a passenger can't fit in one damn seat, the airline should require he/she/it to BUY TWO!!!!

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Similar to the guy in the story - I was sort of bullied into it. He was already sitting in my seat and the flight attendant was there saying we needed to be seated. It was f'cked up, and like I said, I was fuming the entire flight. Wouldn't happen again - but I was sort of caught off guard, not expecting to have to deal with a 'situation', just expecting to sit down in the seat I booked....smh
After giving this situation some more thought, I figure that this fat guy probably flies often and does the same thing, or at least tries, every time. You were uncomfortable and angry the entire flight when it should have been him that was uncomfortable. I think I would have tried to be as polite as possible in saying, "No, I need the aisle seat."

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Reason #264 why I hate flying and, generally, do not fly. If a passenger can't fit in one damn seat, the airline should require he/she/it to BUY TWO!!!!
I have been pretty fortunate over the years because I have never been forced to sit next to someone who is obese. I have had to sit next to some guys that are quite big, but not necessarily fat, just bigger than average.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
After giving this situation some more thought, I figure that this fat guy probably flies often and does the same thing, or at least tries, every time. You were uncomfortable and angry the entire flight when it should have been him that was uncomfortable. I think I would have tried to be as polite as possible in saying, "No, I need the aisle seat."
I hear you Nalt. In hindsight, no way I'd do that again. I was angry at him....and myself. It was a situation where I was literally put on the spot and had like a split second to make a decision - I'm a nice guy most of the time, but have no problem being a d*ck...but in that moment my kindness should have been put aside.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I hear you Nalt. In hindsight, no way I'd do that again. I was angry at him....and myself. It was a situation where I was literally put on the spot and had like a split second to make a decision - I'm a nice guy most of the time, but have no problem being a d*ck...but in that moment my kindness should have been put aside.

That’s one of the great things about making hundreds of trips between PBIA and LaGuardia/JFK. You become a grizzled veteran when it comes to airline and airport demeanor. If being rude to fatty who wasn’t as quick to stand up, or stonewalling Ethel as I exit the airplane first gets me in the city 30 minutes sooner because I didn’t catch that accident on the expressway, then that’s the breaks.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I have been pretty fortunate over the years because I have never been forced to sit next to someone who is obese. I have had to sit next to some guys that are quite big, but not necessarily fat, just bigger than average.
You really should keep your hands out of your seatmates pants, dude! :uhoh:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
If someone is sitting in my seat, and his isn't better. That dumbass is moving. I don't give a sht what the current situation is. You want a better seat? Book a better ticket fcktard.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Am I The Ass Hole?

(on this site, you can write ass and hole separately, but if you try to join them together you get *******)

Anyway...

Didja ever do something and wonder if you're being an ass hole? Maybe your wife did something? Your co-worker, neighbor, or your kid? You think they're the one being the ass hole but you're just not sure? Looking for validation? Stop wondering. The collective wit and wisdom of GCMB is here to answer all your questions. Tell us your story, and we'll tell you if you're the ass hole or if it's somebody else in your story.

Here is an example from Reddit:

Sample ADG response:

NTA. She was clearly banging this dude and is still carrying a torch for him. She wishes the kid was his, not yours. That's why she lied by not giving you the backstory. Better luck with your next wife (yes, your next wife, this one's definitely going to cheat on you with some other drugged-out "bad boy" in a futile attempt recapture the thrill of her relationship with Pete). In the meantime, remember, she's only pregnant. It's not like her jaw is broken.

Alex.

Yes. You certainly are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator