AITA--Am I The A...

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
As ox said, this board is an avenue to get our anger and aggression out without doing harm. Also, my wife and I balance each other well. I'm aggressive, tell it like it is, have little patience for BS and for ppl who can't hold their own. She's basically the opposite. A ppl pleaser, always trying to be accommodating, often to a fault and her own detriment. I help keep her from being used and abused, she helps keep me from beating the ever loving dog sht out of stupid ppl :lol:
When I hear about kids like in your story (and I have experienced a few myself too) it reminds me of the "No child left behind" policy from years ago. Dumb down the entire student body to the level of the slowest, dumbest, worst behaving kid. All that does is create a slow, dumb, bad behaving class of citizens. Not every kid is capable of growing up to be a doctor, lawyer, engineer, etc. There will always be a need for people to dig ditches, clean out sewers, etc.
My middle son (18 y/o) isn't a good student. In fact, he is really not very smart at all. College is definitely NOT in his future and I doubt he would even fit in in a trade school IMO. He wants to go to the Marine's but I will be surprised if he can make high enough on the entrance exam for them to accept him. If not, I have no idea what he will do to provide for himself. He also wants to be an Elvis Tribute Artist but in order to be successful doing that he needs to be A LOT better than he is.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Kid is salvageable. Parents aren't. Had a little hood rat on a football team wY back. Daddy was in prison and kid had anger issues. He just needed someone to love him. Broke his arm the week prior to our County Championship game. Showed up wanting to play. I duct taped foam rubber to his cast. He wound up making the game winning tackle on the 1 yard line. He was a model kid after about 3 weeks on the team.

I think he is in jail now.
speechless-no-comment.gif

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Is he gay? It may help.
iu

Alex.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
AITA for the comment in the Boateng thread?

Obviously it’s tragic and obviously I dont really mean it. But sometimes I think “we” take this place a little too serious.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

Obviously it’s tragic and obviously I dont really mean it. But sometimes I think “we” take this place a little too serious.
NTA.

The real AH is the guy who put you up to it while you were drunk :whistle:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018

Not meaning it doesn’t get you off the hook. And your bringing it up in this thread makes me suspect that you know there’s a good chance you ATA. Conclusion : Your post is a very pathetic cry for help.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not meaning it doesn’t get you off the hook. And your bringing it up in this thread makes me suspect that you know there’s a good chance you ATA. Conclusion : Your post is a very pathetic cry for help.

I actually went to delete it this next morning but it was already quoted. Owell.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Alright, ill play. I'm fairly confident Im not the a-hole in this scenario but ill let the jury decide.

About 4 months ago a new family moved into a house 2 doors down and across from us. We walked over after they had gotten settled and introduced ourselves. they had a middle school daughter and a boy who was same age/grade as ours (7, second grade). We talked for a few minutes and found out the boy loves and plays baseball, just like ours does.

A few days later the kid starts coming over and playing ball in the yard with our son. seems fairly harmless at first but i notice on multiple occasions that the kid is very manipulative. Every time he swings and misses it was a foul or bad pitch by my son that didnt count, every time my son gets a hit its foul or he didnt step on first base or some other nonsense. Essentially my son was being forced to throw or field the whole time and any positive play he made was argued, meanwhile no matter what the kid did, it was good and if my son made a play it was somehow wrong or cheating. This went on consistently for about a month. Credit to my son for getting frustrated but still being a good sport about it. There were a few instances where my son would refuse to give in to him, so he would pitch a fit, sling his glove and bat around the yard, and then storm home. One time he left a note on our doorstep telling my son he couldnt be freinds with him anymore lol. Also, a situation occurred early on where my son came home from being over at the kids house and informed us that the boy had told his mom to shutup when she was speaking to them and she did nothing; my son was in shock that someone his age would say that to an adult. While all this was occurring there were multiple incidents where he spoke or reacted disrespectfully to myself or my wife. After a few weeks i told my wife i had a bad feeling about the kid and his family and that i didnt want our kids going over to their house. Some of the things he would say weren't things a 7 year old says, and that coupled with the possibility that he told his mother to shut up without any consequence had me feeling strongly that there was a permissive environment of disrespect and dysfunction in that household and that he was displaying learned behaviors from within the home. At this point i advocated for speaking to his parents and not allowing our kids to associate anymore but my wife forbade it not wanting to offend.

2 weeks later i get a call while at work from my wife who is livid. Apparently the kid was at our house playing with my son. My wife gave him a complement about his baseball skills and he responded with "did i ask?" to her. She was taken back, but once again, ignored it. 5 minutes later they were watching tv when she began to tell my son he needed to get started on his homework, he cut her off and said "shut up!". At that point she finally nutted up and told him he's not to speak to adults that way and it was time for him to go home. After this I was sure we could cut the cord but nope, she wouldn't let me speak with the parents or forbid the kids from interacting. Over the next 3 weeks additional stupidity ensured but nothing that deviated from what we'd seen already. Fast fwd to 1 month later, he and my son were once again playing ball and he was griping about my son's pitching, my son by that point was no longer taking his crap and griped back. My wife walked out the front door to check on the noise just in time to hear the kid yell, "well you're a f###ing a##hole!" to my son. My wife was shocked and sternly told him to go home immediately. He had a tennis ball in his hand, he chucked it directly at my wife and stormed off. Once that happened i overrode anything she said, went straight over to their house when i got home, knocked on the door and told his mother who answered what a little sht he was and that he was no longer allowed on our property.

Of course my wife freaked out and spent a month scared and embarrassed to go outside b/c she might run into the mom. Its been a few months now and we have seen them occasionally but i guess its very awkward for my wife. I couldn't care less, its not my problem. They are raising the little a-hole, not us. The father has never once said a word about it or acknowledged anything which tells me 2 things: 1) Im correct that its a permissive environment and hes allowed to behave that way, 2) The father is a POS because as a man and a father if my son had behaved that way towards other kids and adults I would have him over there personally apologizing to each and every person, severe punishments would be on going, and I personally would reach out to anyone affected and also apologize for my son's behavior. My wife still thnks what I did by walking over to their home was too much and unnecessary.

So, was I justified, or am i the a$$hole?

Sorry I’m a few days late to the party. You may have not used the correct words (if you’re going by the “take the high road” approach), but you needed to address the problem. Your wife contributed by “forbidding” (lol) you from talking to the little turd’s parents (conflict avoider). The parents are absolutely failing at their duties and that kid will likely end up in juvy or maybe prison if his parents don’t set and enforce some boundaries.

Kudos to you for not beating the living crap out of the father in front of punk to show what happens when he eventually is confronted by the real world.

Last edited:

Fodderwing

Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017

Should you not rearrange the acronym to IATA in that case?

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
So this morning on the way to drop off the kiddo at school, there was a group of HS kids walking on the sidewalk and a gust of wind blew one of their hats into the road, through my lane, and into the next lane over. I'm doing about 40mph and there are no other cars around me. I see out of my peripheral that the kid is waiting for me to pass by to retrieve the hat, which comes to a rest with the logo facing me. I instantly recognize the Native American caricature with its mouth open, ready to give head, and instinctively swerve to run it over.

AITA?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
So this morning on the way to drop off the kiddo at school, there was a group of HS kids walking on the sidewalk and a gust of wind blew one of their hats into the road, through my lane, and into the next lane over. I'm doing about 40mph and there are no other cars around me. I see out of my peripheral that the kid is waiting for me to pass by to retrieve the hat, which comes to a rest with the logo facing me. I instantly recognize the Native American caricature with its mouth open, ready to give head, and instinctively swerve to run it over.

AITA?

No. You’re a Gator, duh.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016

AITA?
No, its just instinct. Like swerving to run over a rattlesnake or to miss a dead skunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator