All black uniforms in the future? - Yes in appreciation of Veterans

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
When I first started seeing this on tv I thought when they were flipping back and forth between sides it was pre-taped.

BadowGator

The Chuckler
Sep 16, 2016
It’s different but makes sense...I’d rather warm up like that in intense heat instead of wearing full pads and wasting energy.
I agree. Made me more surprised more don’t do it. Guess you have to consider tape and the usual pregame necessities. Which explains why our “support” staff is so limited on the the recruiting end.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I love our blue with white pants. A throwback every once and a while is cool, but generally I like our classic uniforms. That being said, all my players talk about for a week after Florida wears an alternate uniform is the swag. They even liked when we wore the hideous gator skin one a couple years back. It's clear why we do it. The kids are nuts for it.

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
Brand Identity. When someone is flipping channels it has to be unmistakable that it's us. If you have to stop to figure out who the team is your marketing has failed. Nothing says shytty team like not being able to recognize the uniform. If they want to play dress up once a year do it against an Div II opponent that no one is watching anyway.
Do you really think "someone" flipping the channel recognizes UF by the uniform? Or the logo on the uniform?

I think one is either a cfb junkie and will recognize a logo right away on an alternate, or barely be a fan and not know either way.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you really think "someone" flipping the channel recognizes UF by the uniform? Or the logo on the uniform?

I think one is either a cfb junkie and will recognize a logo right away on an alternate, or barely be a fan and not know either way.
You can go root for Oregon.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014

When we were winning championships, Yes.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
I give you an excerpt from Stewart Mandel’s original college football heirarchy order, and why he justified Georgia NOT being among the kings:

Dividing all 66 BCS teams into a proper 2007 four-tier hierarchy

“So I suppose this raises a question: What exactly constitutes a "national power?" To be honest, I don't have a specific answer. ... after all, Minnesota has a bunch of national titles on its mantle, but no one views the Gophers as a national power.
. . .
it's something more than wins and losses. It's a certain cachet or aura. It's the way a program is perceived by the public. Let me put it to you this way:

Suppose we went to, say, Montana. And suppose we found 100 "average" college football fans (not necessarily message-board crazies, but not twice-a-year viewers, either) and put them in a room. If I held up a Michigan helmet, my guess is all 100 would know exactly what it was. If I held up a picture of the USC song girls, all 100 would know who they were. If I happened to bring Joe Paterno along with me, all 100 would say, "Hey, look, it's Joe Paterno!"

But if I held up a Georgia "G" helmet, how many of them do you think would be able to identify it off the top of their head? And with all due respect to Mark Richt, if we secretly inserted him into a police lineup, how many of them would actually say, "Hey, look, it's Mark Richt!"“

Yep, F Georgia and wear orange & blue

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I will never understand how and why there is so friggin much discussion over what the players wear. For God’s sake my sister-in-Law told me there is a show dedicated solely to the uniforms teams will wear that week.

Just play football and win. Four pages of this!
Well...kids these days are..,

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Those Jersey's do not look like UF jersey's. I know it's a cash grab by Jordan brand and the athletic association.. but that isn't the UF we grew up with.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Any argument that we arent Tinerc is gone. We think that garbage uniforms will offset having a terrible team, brag about keeping some of our losses close, and winning off season championships because of a Twitter post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.