Am I missing the NBA Finals thread?

Thomas Goldkamp

Jul 18, 2014
Delete this if so, but how about Al Horford last night? Man, I would love to see him grab a ring. What a game he had last night.

-- Set record for most NBA playoff appearances before his first NBA Finals appearance (141 games)
-- Set NBA record for most made 3-pointers in an NBA Finals debut (six makes last night)

Impressive.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I won’t watch them most likely, but I’m pulling for Horford. He deserves whatever good can come his way.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Big Al and the C's had an awesome finish to that game last night.
Reminded me of this.
al-horford.gif

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Someone said Chris Chiozza is on the warrior team. Like Goldman I want Al to get that ring. Class act always

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The idea that Horford, who was a terrific inside player, is now known for jacking 3's says everything you need to know about today's NBA. It's ridiculous.

Why does being tall even matter anymore if all five players are going to stand around outside that stupid line? Ban the 3 point shot and maybe they would start playing basketball again.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Last time I watched or cared about an NBA Finals game, it was on tape delay on CBS after the late night news. As for the NBA in general I believe than no one GAF

Thomas Goldkamp

Jul 18, 2014
The idea that Horford, who was a terrific inside player, is now known for jacking 3's says everything you need to know about today's NBA. It's ridiculous.

Why does being tall even matter anymore if all five players are going to stand around outside that stupid line? Ban the 3 point shot and maybe they would start playing basketball again.

But it gets the people going...

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Horford, who was a terrific inside player, is now known for jacking 3's
He does shoot quite a few 3s now, but I wouldn't say that's what he's known for.

He's known for having a solid all-around game, having a high basketball IQ, and being a great teammate. You know, the same as when he was in college.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He does shoot quite a few 3s now, but I wouldn't say that's what he's known for.

He's known for having a solid all-around game, having a high basketball IQ, and being a great teammate. You know, the same as when he was in college.
Puh-leeze. He never took a single 3 point shot at UF.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I watched it. Only because I still follow Al’s career and want to see him get a ring. Almost turned it off at the end of the 3rd. So glad I didn’t because Al was a BEAST down the stretch. I suggest tuning in and cheering on one of our greatest hoops players ever. He’s the leader of that team and he’s on a mission!

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He doesn’t take a bunch now, but he’s developed that part of his game as he’s aged. They didn’t respect him and they paid for it last night.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:wtf:

gggggg.jpg

He doesn’t take a bunch now, but he’s developed that part of his game as he’s aged. They didn’t respect him and they paid for it last night.
Those numbers above say otherwise. 265 attempts this year - ridiculous. 33% sucks too. He's averaged 3.63 attempts per game over the last 7 years (1,627 attempts) after attempting a grand total of 29 in his first 7 years in the league when he was trying to actually play his position.

Get under the basket, big man.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I won’t watch them most likely, but I’m pulling for Horford. He deserves whatever good can come his way.

Same here.

I absolutely love Al Horford and I hope he gets the ring he richly deserves.

I stopped watching the NBA nearly a decade ago when it became clear that the league no longer had any interest in basketball choosing instead to eliminate defense and have a timed three point contest.

Good luck Al!!!!

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

I truly struggle with how desperately people will defend the NBA. They don’t even believe what they are saying but they feel like they must defend their decision to watch.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I stopped watching the NBA nearly a decade ago when it became clear that the league no longer had any interest in basketball choosing instead to eliminate defense and have a timed three point contest.
I think this is less about rule changes and more about people figuring out how to do math.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
:wtf:

gggggg.jpg

Those numbers above say otherwise. 265 attempts this year - ridiculous. 33% sucks too. He's averaged 3.63 attempts per game over the last 7 years (1,627 attempts) after attempting a grand total of 29 in his first 7 years in the league when he was trying to actually play his position.

Get under the basket, big man.
More than I thought but it’s not like he’s living behind the 3 point line. It’s what the game has evolved to. I’m not a fan of today’s NBA but the Celtics play defense as well as possible in this age and Big Al is on the team so I’ll keep watching until he’s done.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I do love Horford and hope he gets a ring. Just have no interest in watching.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.