Am I missing the NBA Finals thread?

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
For all of us that played pick up ball at Southwest, I don’t know how you don’t love the finals. It’s ball at its highest level.

The handles these guys have and the ability to jump through the roof is amazing.

The BLM/politics and constant 3 pointers are a drag, but the level these guys play at deserves attention.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
For all of us that played pick up ball at Southwest, I don’t know how you don’t love the finals. It’s ball at its highest level.

The handles these guys have and the ability to jump through the roof is amazing.

The BLM/politics and constant 3 pointers are a drag, but the level these guys play at deserves attention.

It’s athleticism at the very highest level but it is NOT basketball.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If only any of them actually jumped towards the rim anymore. I saw a stat that there were only 11 dunks in the NBA this entire season.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Same here.

I absolutely love Al Horford and I hope he gets the ring he richly deserves.

I stopped watching the NBA nearly a decade ago when it became clear that the league no longer had any interest in basketball choosing instead to eliminate defense and have a timed three point contest.

Good luck Al!!!!
I actually don't like either team, especially the Celtics (I was on the side of the Lakers back in the day), but I've been watching them (because of Al) in the playoffs and I like their team. Al doesn't need to be the big man as they have R. Williams for that. Him dribbling the ball down the court last night on a fast break reminded me of when him and Noah used to do that. Hopefully he can continue to shine and get his first ring.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE="Alumni Guy, post: 1404541, member: 613"]If you played for fun[/QUOTE]
Basketball? I never played for fun. I played to win and played my ass off every time I stepped onto the court. It was work, not fun, but satisfying.
:bart:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The idea that Horford, who was a terrific inside player, is now known for jacking 3's says everything you need to know about today's NBA. It's ridiculous.

Why does being tall even matter anymore if all five players are going to stand around outside that stupid line? Ban the 3 point shot and maybe they would start playing basketball again.

I’m with you. I’d like to see the extra point try in football go away as well. Six points is enough. It’s ridiculous.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
If only any of them actually jumped towards the rim anymore. I saw a stat that there were only 11 dunks in the NBA this entire season.
I agree with you, but I’ll use any excuse to show this war crime. Modern ball still has its moments.
upload_2022-6-3_20-30-26.gif

Back Alley Gator

Lifetime Member
Jul 16, 2018

Meh. Any good will they may have generated through entertainment and skill was squandered via politics, hypocrisy, entitlement and shortsightedness. Same with the NFL. They decided to let the inmates run the asylum and what little interest I had took a walk and never came back.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Would rather watch grass grow rather than NBA

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Am I missing the NBA finals thread??

View attachment 43599
giphy.gif

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Most candyass sport in the US at this point. Players are softer than butter and flop more than European soccer stars. Also more whining and crying than any other sport.

Hopefully you guys watching remove the buttplugs from your pleasure points after you finish the game and each other :grin:

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Saw Chiozza on the bench for G.S guess he’s injured or didn’t make the playoff roster.
Agree with Ox sure is nice to see big Al out there making plays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator