To make this thread interesting.......... Something to eat while watching Firestick streaming...;)
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 quart water, or amount to cover
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 (1 ounce) square unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 5 whole cloves
- 5 whole allspice berries
- 1 bay leaf
- Place the ground beef in a large pan, cover with about 1 quart of cold water, and bring to a boil, stirring and breaking up the beef with a fork to a fine texture. Slowly boil until the meat is thoroughly cooked, about 30 minutes, then remove from heat and refrigerate in the pan overnight.
- The next day, skim the solid fat from the top of the pan, and discard the fat. Place the beef mixture over medium heat, and stir in the onions, tomato sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, chocolate, chili powder, salt, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, cloves, allspice berries, and bay leaf. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 hours. Add water if necessary to prevent the chili from burning.
It is a flavor enhancer , tends to perk-up the peppers and spices. A little is good and too much gives chocolate soup...;)Interesting. Boil the meat?
what does the chocolate do?
I’m using the memory on my smart tv for my apps.Has anyone here added a USB drive for extra memory? Fire sticks come with 8 Gigs but 5 of that is used for OS. Any problems or tricks?
Your apps are running on your smart TV? You could pull your Fire sticks and your apps would still run?I’m using the memory on my smart tv for my apps.
I have 3 fire sticks and one 4k fire stick
The 4k fire stick continually gets the sound off during dialogue.
I go into the sound setting with that damned bouncing ball and try to synch it up, then clear the cache, then go back to whatever I was watching.
Then a week later, Same issue all over again.
Right now,the 4k stick is in HDMI 2
Ethernet into the TV
Im running the apps off my TV memory, which is at 75% capacity
Yes, I use an Ethernet cable.Your apps are running on your smart TV? You could pull your Fire sticks and your apps would still run?
The Fire stick connects by wifi unless you use an Ethernet adapter cable plugged into your micro port. Is there a question here or are you complaining about a problem?
To add memory to the 8 g firestick memory you have to use a special cable called an OTG cable plus a fast USB Drive.
Edit: Is your smart TV a Fire TV?
Thanks, that clears things up.Yes, I use an Ethernet cable.
Not a fire TV but, I can run apps, add apps etc.
I run my apps straight from my tv
The fire stick is still there and can switch inputs to use it, but, it’s really useless.
As long as my TV can handle the apps, I’ll keep it this way.
I thought the 4K stick would give me some brilliant looking programming.
My other three TV’s are not smart TV’s so I use the fire sticks in those. No other way to stream on that type tv.
I also have a free box from my internet provider that’s pre loaded with the usual apps but, I don’t use that one either because It doesn’t give me the ability to add anything additional.
Sometimes I just toggle between the three inputs looking for a movie or something thing but, all three have basically the same apps.
Amazon but you don't need to add memory if you aren't sideloading apps into your Fire stick. Plus you need a 3rd generation fire stick to easily add memory.About adding memory…..
Where would I find the pieces I need to add?
I sure Miss Radio Shack….:D:D
What's a common app? Amazon, Netflix, Hulu?We use the fire stick to connect it to common apps however we rarely use it. Prefer our Samsung smart tv, Xbox or Apple TV instead.
What's a common app? Amazon, Netflix, Hulu?