NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018

Your thoughts?...I know y'all are concerned but this is a positive spin

Loogis

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2014
Caught this on my lunch break so I was able to listen to the whole thing. Pretty standard interview. Soft ball questions with coachspeak answers. He did mention AR was “elite,” and he named a few others for showing leadership.

My only one takeaway was he said “still trying to figure out the NIL puzzle.” More coachspeak? A little window into his thoughts? I dunno

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
I don't know it on YouTube?

OX?

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
My biggest take was his quote near the end.
”we gotta figure out this NIL puzzle “. That in a nutshell will define his success or failure at Fl.
Sadly the day of Kids dreaming of one day becoming a Gator is fast being trumped by how much is my NIL deal going to be.
This is College football in 2022

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It’s all coach speak, because there can’t be much else at this point. Definitely a lot of reasons for positivity that have been discussed, and he presents well, which is refreshing. It just doesn’t means whole lot one way or the other.

And I’m sure he’s not alone with his confusion in the NIL parameters. It’s a disaster so he’s actually being nice in his description.

Side note. I have no doubt he’s intelligent being a Furman grad, and he even sounds smart with the content of his speech. But I think I say about 5-6 words for every 1 of his. I probably need to slow down, and that’s just his style, but sometimes I walk away from his interviews feeling like Sally Weaver. :lol:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It’s all coach speak, because there can’t be much else at this point. Definitely a lot of reasons for positivity that have been discussed, and he presents well, which is refreshing. It just doesn’t means whole lot one way or the other.

And I’m sure he’s not alone with his confusion in the NIL parameters. It’s a disaster so he’s actually being nice in his description.

Side note. I have no doubt he’s intelligent being a Furman grad, and he even sounds smart with the content of his speech. But I think I say about 5-6 words for every 1 of his. I probably need to slow down, and that’s just his style, but sometimes I walk away from his interviews feeling like Sally Weaver. :lol:
But you're a Miami guy...Miami NY with Sun and Palms

In the south we speak slower. Note: Sen John Kennedy

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
That was a good listen. Nothing really negative I could take away from it and the whole gotta figure the NIL thing out comment, well, seems pretty spot on.

The guy doing the podcast/interview looks like the Nard dog.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

His slow demeanor wears on me as well.

Although it is not an indicator for intelligence it is perceived that way by more people than you want to believe.
I know the guy is working his tail off but results are all that ultimately matters. So far I am not thrilled but it is only June. If he turns this thing around, I will learn to love his slow speech pattern.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
His slow demeanor wears on me as well.

Although it is not an indicator for intelligence it is perceived that way by more people than you want to believe.
I know the guy is working his tail off but results are all that ultimately matters. So far I am not thrilled but it is only June. If he turns this thing around, I will learn to love his slow speech pattern.

It doesn’t really wear on me. I just notice it because of my own contrasts. We just endured 4 years of a guy who couldn’t make eye contact or stand still and is undoubtedly on the spectrum, preceded by a grown man whimpering because Uk failed to cover our WR twice in the same game and who refused to whiten his teeth. I’ll gladly take this.

Like any coach or public figure, if he wins and we’re all happy we’ll absolutely love it. Unfortunately, the opposite is true as well.

Last edited:

NOLAGATOR

Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
It doesn’t really wear on me. I just notice it because of my own contrasts. We just endured 4 years of a guy who couldn’t make eye contact or stand still and is undoubtedly on the spectrum, proceeded by a grown man whimpering because Uk failed to cover our WR twice in the same game and who refused to whiten his teeth. I’ll gladly take this.

Like any coach or public figure, if he wins and we’re all happy we’ll absolutely love it. Unfortunately, the opposite is true as well.
What comes across is he is genuine...salt of the earth. He also holds himself accountable before blaming others. That's refreshing.

neteng

Fuga!
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2018
His dialect doesn't really bother me at all. He does say 'right' a lot though, and I find myself listening for that after a while instead of listening to understand what he is saying, right, but I also really get the sense that he words things in a way for a reason. He isn't tone deaf like the last guy we had. He is measured with his responses and saying things that need to be said and holding back things that dont need to be said. I guess that is called coach speak, but he also seems to do it in a way where you feel like you got a lot of information.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Harrell and Harrell? No good Morgan and Morgan money or at Least a weed franchise for players? That would be some lit NIL and nip this bs in the bud.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
With the roster he inherited, win the games we should, and pull off an upset or two, play disciplined with less penalties, show improvement game after game. and the 1st year will build a solid base to get us back to playing for all the marbles

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
With the roster he inherited, win the games we should, and pull off an upset or two, play disciplined with less penalties, show improvement game after game. and the 1st year will build a solid base to get us back to playing for all the marbles

If there’s an overwhelming push for green uniforms this season, we’ll know we’re in trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator