And the white boy wins! Fastest 100m dash in high school history

Gator515151

2018 Pick 'Em Champ
Aug 16, 2018
Poor start - that is correctable. Mighty mighty upright leg-churning charge.. Such powering is the epitome of what is exciting about track. I would have maximum pride were he to become a Gator. Does he run the 200 meters? I did not like the lack of sportsmanship in that I saw no competitors congratulating the winner.?? Has Mathew Boling ever been defeated? If so, did he congratulate the winner in a show of good sportsmanship? Is track his only sport?
How about his height & weight? He doesn't look frail.
He holds the fastest Texas HS time for the 100 200 400 and long jump. No he does not play other sports...says he wants to be an Olympian then turn pro. I saw one interview where he said he had not run the 100 since the 7th grade until earlier this season. The kid just ain't human.

I'm thinking the decathlon might be his event.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
How in the hell did Holloway not pull this kid in?
the fvkin dawgs won the ncaa track championship last year. Holloway has never really pulled in great short sprinters, but excels at other events like field events, 400, hurdles, relays, etc.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
He holds the fastest Texas HS time for the 100 200 400 and long jump. No he does not play other sports...says he wants to be an Olympian then turn pro. I saw one interview where he said he had not run the 100 since the 7th grade until earlier this season. The kid just ain't human.

I read a statement where his father said that Matthew wasn't fast as a 12 year old. Said he ran clumsily. Then he said his son was the most determined, hardest working person I've seen.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014

We had a guy in my HS that won all those events in the Fla State track meet. It was the smallest classification but he won them and also anchored the winning 440 relay. Gator track coach Jimmy Carnes offered him schollie right there. The black schools then were in it. He was a fast white boy. I actually talked to him recently.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
e944d77d7827be97a370094cafdc414b.jpg

That kid’s not white.

5-Star Finger

Apex predator of the political forum biome
Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
I ran out of gas in north Jax years ago, it looked exactly like that.

I spent a month on 103rd when I first moved to the city because I didn't know any better. It might as well have been the Bakaara Market, complete with the burning tires and automatic weapons fire. Back then I was on the operations side of the mortgage business that always gets the shaft when compared to origination. The sales managers had offices that faced the river. The view from my office looked like one of those dilapidated barrio backdrops that loops behind the Mystery Machine during chance sequences in Scooby-Doo.

There are times I miss Jacksonville - then I remember my daily walk past the Greyhound station on my way to the parking garage.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I spent a month on 103rd when I first moved to the city because I didn't know any better. It might as well have been the Bakaara Market, complete with the burning tires and automatic weapons fire. Back then I was on the operations side of the mortgage business that always gets the shaft when compared to origination. The sales managers had offices that faced the river. The view from my office looked like one of those dilapidated barrio backdrops that loops behind the Mystery Machine during chance sequences in Scooby-Doo.

There are times I miss Jacksonville - then I remember my daily walk past the Greyhound station on my way to the parking garage.
Sounds to me like somebody didn’t know how to handle the hood. We talking about Timuquana or old 103rd? Some damn good BBQ on 103rd.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
He had great speed. I think he won the state 440 maybe

Class 3A 100 yard dash according to Wikipedia and that is what I remember though I did not remember whether it was 100 yard or 100 meters. I was surprised by Collingworth's track speed, but in those pre-Usain Bolt days more because of his 6'5" height than his race.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Sounds to me like somebody didn’t know how to handle the hood.

Sure I did. I did what most everyone in the hood aspires to do - I got the hell out of it. :grin:

We talking about Timuquana or old 103rd?

My address was 103rd, but basically if I turned east it was Timuquana and if I went west the street showed as 103rd. There was an intersection nearby that had two bail bond places and a pawn shop. I did my shopping at a nearby Publix that had two permanently stationed JSO deputies due to some brawl that apparently had broken out in frozen foods and spilled into the parking lot.

Some damn good BBQ on 103rd.

There was a guy set up in a tow behind about a block away from where I was staying that was really good.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Sounds to me like somebody didn’t know how to handle the hood. We talking about Timuquana or old 103rd? Some damn good BBQ on 103rd.
Grew up out there in the 70s and 80s, when it was predominantly Navy, Cecil field was still open back then. Drove back through years back after I retired, didn't even recognize the the place.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014

Jacksonville went from bad to scary after Katrina. A lot of gang activity came from New Orleans. The 295 corridor makes a perfect circle around Jacksonville and I officially name it the circle of death 10 years ago. Don't ever be caught in the circle of death after dark, and I'm not being dramatic.

5-Star Finger

Lifetime Member
Nov 16, 2017
Jacksonville went from bad to scary after Katrina. A lot of gang activity came from New Orleans. The 295 corridor makes a perfect circle around Jacksonville and I officially name it the circle of death 10 years ago. Don't ever be caught in the circle of death after dark, and I'm not being dramatic.
Eventually I got to Neptune which isn't technically Jacksonville and that was nice. That Greyhound station downtown was something else. There was a homeless guy we took to calling the ninja because he would jump out bushes or from around corners and start doing "bull****o" type karate moves. I was walking to lunch with some of guys and he jumped from behind a support pillar for the train to nowhere and karate chopped one of the guys I was with right in the chest and than ran off screaming like a banshee. We laughed about it, but it's a good damn thing the guy didn't have a shiv.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.