Andrew Spivey's perspective on the Gators' new coaching staff

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LMAO at silly Skyflake in the comments. I'm glad is not here anymore!

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
"First off, every member of the Gators football staff was out at the Lacrosse field and track field watching prospects participate in camp, and while that wasn’t different for them to be out there, it was different to see them so engaged and concentrating on what was going on out there."

Interesting comment. That last sentence is particularly telling. Why was it different to see a coaching staff engaged? Isn't that their job? The more I read, the more I find out about how bad the previous regime is.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds good. McElwain seems like a personable guy. I think he met with fans prior to the bowl game also.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Very good sign that these coaches work well together.

BostonGator84

Founding Member
Infrequent Frequenter
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n234025 said:
That guy isn't a very good writer. Ugh.

Agreed. That was painful to read. But had some interesting insight about the new regime, even if it wasn't presented in the clearest fashion.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;234025 said:
That guy isn't a very good writer. Ugh.

Agreed. To mix up the words "curiosity" and "courtesy" is pretty terrible grammar. And that was the least of the issues. But I like Spivey and it's nice to see his take.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n234053 said:
Dooley doesn't like the staff, so we have that going for us.

Dooley's whining about how he can't get straight answers out of Coach Mac cracks me up.

So we can no longer look forward to those insightful, insider articles he has never written?

This is the guy that didn't know anything about Donovan leaving until two days after my sources (as weak as they are) told me he was a goner. This is the guy that offered no insight into the football coaching search until long after every other source reported it.
Dooley not liking McElwain does not bother me in the least.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n234020 said:
Sounds good. McElwain seems like a personable guy. I think he met with fans prior to the bowl game also.
Yea,he was tail gaiting with the fans

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Double Gator Dad;n234114 said:
Dooley's whining about how he can't get straight answers out of Coach Mac cracks me up.

So we can no longer look forward to those insightful, insider articles he has never written?.

Exactly. Dooley held on to Chimp's tail until the bitter end. It was just Dooley and Coach9 at the end.

The fact that Dooley doesn't like Mac is a great thing in my mind.

I suspect only the OLD timers are the only ones who read. I'm not sure if he was ever any good, but if he were, he certainly had lost whatever he'd had by the 1990s. He survives by inertia and by being the SID's last port in a storm.

S

skyflake

Founding Member
Founding Member
I didn't know that I was no longer on here. I also see my comments have been removed from Gator
Country. It's truly sad that there are so many of you who rejoice in living in ignorance and imitate the three monkeys when reality rears it's head. The article by Spivey was pure garbage. When has a new coach not been lauded and praised? The same exact things were said when Muschamp was hired, yet most of you are still naïve enough to still drink the Koolaid. You continue to live in the lands of fantasy where Tim Tebow is an NFL quarterback and Jameis Winston is a rapist, when neither proposition is even remotely close to reality. I guess the internet is only for those that "seeing things with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." Intelligence and reality are something to be avoided at all costs.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Double Gator Dad;n234114 said:

So we can no longer look forward to those insightful, insider articles he has never written?

This is the guy that didn't know anything about Donovan leaving until two days after my sources (as weak as they are) told me he was a goner. This is the guy that offered no insight into the football coaching search until long after every other source reported it.
Dooley not liking McElwain does not bother me in the least.

Seems like a positive to me. Being too close to the old school media is never a good idea, at least in my opinion.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like good energy, i think the players will be pumped not to be smelling dawg breath all over the place and will be fired up to play for the new staff. BE competitive, win the games we should, pull off an upset or two and we'll start to get higher rated players

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I like what we're hearing. Keep it up Mac!

And yes........Dooley still sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.