Annual coaching carousel

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I was trying to fall asleep and there wasn’t any golf on.
that will do it.

i lived in AZ drove past that facility twice a day and never watch the second of pac football in my life. waking up to 9am football was cool though.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He's the LBer's coach for the NY Giants and as bad as you think he is he would be a HUGE upgrade from what we've got here at either that position or DC....sad but true.
I've seen his contract and it specifically says Janitor first.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Butch is back

@FootballScoop: Have been hearing Arkansas State wanted to move fast. Hearing this could get done…soon Sources: Butch Jones the leading candidate at Arkansas State

So I think this is how it usually works. A guy is a head coach at like a Cincy or Colo. St., does pretty well (whatever the reason) and gets a big job in a P5 conference. Fails miserably at that P5 job, and then goes and scrubs toilets for a short time at like a Meatchicken or Bammer until a Division 6 school comes calling. Okay no big deal best of luck.

The only guy who escapes that cycle is MusDyck. First head job is at a P5 school that is not totally at the bottom (like a Vandy) and takes a few short years to show he sux. So instead of him landing as towel boy at like the pool rehabs at Oregon, MusDyck lands a 7 figure DC job. Then goes on to get hired at ANOTHER P5 job where winning is possible given the surroundings, (again not Vandy). Goes on to another dismal performance. What are the chances he becomes head custodian at like an OSU? None. Some genius will hire him as a DC and drop another 7 figs in his lap. Dude walks on water.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The only guy who escapes that cycle is MusDyck. First head job is at a P5 school that is not totally at the bottom (like a Vandy) and takes a few short years to show he sux. So instead of him landing as towel boy at like the pool rehabs at Oregon, MusDyck lands a 7 figure DC job. Then goes on to get hired at ANOTHER P5 job where winning is possible given the surroundings, (again not Vandy). Goes on to another dismal performance.
Fooley goes out of his way to give positive recommendations to his boy toys like Zook and Chimp. No doubt explained what great coaches they were and how totally unreasonable Gators are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb