Anthony Grant returns to UF BB coaching staff

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Gatorphan;n208399 said:
I'm glad to have AG back as a coach and recruiter. I see this as sign that Billy ain't goin anywhere. Maybe down the road Grant gets the keys to the car that Billy built.

Yeah cause that whole Alabama stint worked out so well.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Blacklabgator;n208502 said:
Yeah cause that whole Alabama stint worked out so well.
Anthony Grant is a damn good basketball coach. He taught some bad breaks with disciplinary and injury problems. He had to kick a couple of his best players off of the team a few years ago. The fact that he maintained a winning record through all these obstacles at Alabama is an accomplishment in itself. Without Anthony Grant our program wouldn't be where it is today.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
t-gator;n208565 said:
Anthony Grant is a damn good basketball coach. He taught some bad breaks with disciplinary and injury problems. He had to kick a couple of his best players off of the team a few years ago. The fact that he maintained a winning record through all these obstacles at Alabama is an accomplishment in itself. Without Anthony Grant our program wouldn't be where it is today.

Never said he wasn't a good coach. Head coach in SEC maybe not.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Blacklabgator;n208570 said:
Never said he wasn't a good coach. Head coach in SEC maybe not.
When he had a good roster he was a good coach in the SEC. He had 2 down years just like just about everyone does, before that he had 3 straight 20+ win seasons. The only reason he got canned is because Alabama's in a panic over auburn hiring Bruce pearl. If Billy D were to leave a good roster in place, I'd feel confident Grant could keep it going. It's alot easier to find basketball players in Florida than Alabama

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We are fortunate to get Grant back...he is a very good coach. Basketball at Bama is like football at Kentucky...not all on him. Welcome back Anthony!

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome back, AG. Proud to see you back on the sideline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.