Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Started 5 College games........ Makes poor decisions on 50% of his reads, looks great against FBS teams not so good against SEC teams.. His talent saves his azz half the time the other times, we shoot ourselves in the foot because of his poor reads. He's a great talent with potentially a high ceiling but he needs at least another year at the college level to "learn" the position. He seems like a good young man but he acts immature when things don't go well and that equates to not being the leader he needs to be. These few negatives are all things that can be learned through experience which he doesn't have, yet. The NFL is wrong to draft underclassmen just because they have potential but that is the model we have. This may strike some here as a reach but he reminds me of Vince Young.... I would take the same results in College as Vince but remember the Flame out in the NFL, and he had 3 years starting at Texas under his belt. I think AR needs more game experience than 1 season and I hope his advisors help him realize that. I know it's a gamble to play at least 1 more year in College but life is full of gambles and rewards.
Terrible. You don’t know anything about the NFL and how desperate they are for QB’s. AR could not take another college football snap and he’d go in the first round.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's not a Gm in the league that would bet their job on will levis. Unless he makes a huge leap in production. I think that's just a bunch mock draft writers parroting what Mel kiper says.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Terrible. You don’t know anything about the NFL and how desperate they are for QB’s. AR could not take another college football snap and he’d go in the first round.

I think that’s where the disconnect is. I don’t want to speak for Deuce, but I’m not saying he won’t go that early, rather that he shouldn’t at this stage. Your point is correct about the way QBs are valued by NFL scouts. But that’s also why you have a league littered with guys like Trubisky, Daniel Jones and Trey Lance. If he can get that type of money, I’ll pack his suitcase for him. It’s not my money on the line, so I’m happy for him. But I don’t personally feel he’s ready at this point and his long term best interest would be another year in college, imo.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think that’s where the disconnect is. I don’t want to speak for Deuce, but I’m not saying he won’t go that early, rather that he shouldn’t at this stage. Your point is correct about the way QBs are valued by NFL scouts. But that’s also why you have a league littered with guys like Trubisky, Daniel Jones and Trey Lance. If he can get that type of money, I’ll pack his suitcase for him. It’s not my money on the line, so I’m happy for him. But I don’t personally feel he’s ready at this point and his long term best interest would be another year in college, imo.
So we're talking about who "shouldn't" instead of who will? It's a completely different argument.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That play in the collapsing pocket Richardson made against Tennessee, flicking the ball 15 yards downfield to a receiver in a flash, had to leave NFL scouts breathless. It was Mahomesish, it was that good. The guy's tangibles are as high as anyone I've seen in a long time. The NFL will want the chance to fix his flaws.

That said, he's a mental risk.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
Now that you can get paid in college and be insured against injury, AR-15 should stay for year 2 of Napier. Not only will he have a real chance to shine and win bigly, but he'll have a better chance against the wolves of the NFL after another year learning to defeat SEC defenses. If he leaves too early, he runs the risk of being another NFL bust. No way of knowing which path will pay off the most but either way, he's going to be rich real soon. Hope he stays. He's a fun player to watch.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So we're talking about who "shouldn't" instead of who will? It's a completely different argument.

Again, not to speak for anyone else, but that’s always been the argument. I don’t think anyone here would be surprised with anything any more. It’s a question of whether it makes sense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Again, not to speak for anyone else, but that’s always been the argument. I don’t think anyone here would be surprised with anything any more. It’s a question of whether it makes sense.
The NFL hasn’t done anything that makes sense in years.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Well he’s still predicted top 7. And Tua was a top pick as well. Are you saying he’s injury prone because he’s small? I’ve never heard that one before.
Not really. Just an observation that the NFL is obssessed with making ridiculous comparisons.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Correct!

EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Jason Campbell, Crab Boy, Vince Young, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Dan McGwire, Heath Schuler

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You are right about me knowing nothing but I don't claim to know anything.
If he would be drafted in the 1st round right now, that just puts an exclamation point to on my opinion that the NFL is being run by stupid people.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Correct!

EJ Manuel, Christian Ponder, Ryan Leaf, Akili Smith, Jamarcus Russell, Tim Couch, Jason Campbell, Crab Boy, Vince Young, Joey Harrington, David Carr, Dan McGwire, Heath Schuler
All these guys want to say "Hi"! :bananawave:

They all got paid and shown the door...... It's not just about making money or at least it shouldn't be. IMHO

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Too frail? At bama he hasn't gotten hit much, but he just took out his throwing shoulder on a relatively modest fall. Scouts probably worry whether he can take the wear and tear. He will still probably be the first QB off the board, but AR could definitely move way up the board by the time the draft comes around.

Big, fast, athletic and huge arm is exactly what the NFL is looking for in a QB these days. Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Trevor Lawrence are the new prototype in a franchise QB, and AR is as big as these guys, has the arm, and is faster than all of them except Jackson. And AR is bigger and has a more traditional passing motion than Jackson. If he keeps progressing it's going to be damn hard to pass him if you need a QB.

I've never been in the camp who thinks he comes back next year. Even after the UK and USF game I have always thought we only get him for 1 year so needed to make the most of it this year.
AR’s missed more time than Bryce.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alex Smith's leg says hello. The collisions are violent. It's simple physics. Bigger mass will absorb the momentum of a hit better than smaller, all things otherwise held equal.
I don’t know what you mean by that. Alex Smith is pretty big.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anybody who is at top 10 pick should leave. Pretty much anybody who is a first round pick should leave.

There are no guarantees. With as injury prone as AR is, he’d be an idiot to not leave.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
All these guys want to say "Hi"! :bananawave:

They all got paid and shown the door...... It's not just about making money or at least it shouldn't be. IMHO
Its the entertainment business. Everyone makes money.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
He was just saying that Alex Smith’s leg said hello. There’s actually been several unexpected salutations in this thread. Suddenly everyone’s being super pleasant.
I'm actually a little surprised; his leg is notoriously anti-social and rarely speaks to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.