Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Hurts looks like the exact same player as college. Took him a little time to translate his game to the NFL but he has.

AR needs to far exceed his college game to succeed in the NFL. When has that ever happened?
The NFL hasn't called me yet to get my opinion (shocker) but if they can fix his footwork, I think he could be a phenom.

Here's a list of mediocre college QBs that made it big in the NFL. (I didn't write it ... save your complaints :lol: )

Brady would earn the majority of the snaps at quarterback in 1998, and he led the Wolverines to a solid 10-win season with average numbers (2,427 passing yards, 14 TD: 10 INT).

To placate a fanbase that wanted to see the younger, inexperienced Henson start, head coach Lloyd Carr developed a platoon system in 1999 before making Brady the full-time starter to close out a 10-2 campaign. With another decent season statistically (2,217 passing yards, 16 TD: 6 INT), Brady declared for the NFL Draft.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
What???

We expect him to go top 10. That's not a surprise.

Hoping O'Cyrus Torrence goes first round too. NFL doesn't like drafting guards in the first round, but he's special. He's as close to a sure thing as there is in the first round, looks like you plug him in and he starts for the next 8+ years.

Who doesn't think AR goes in the top 10? Some NFL team is bound to fall in love with him.

Alex.

I didn’t say anything about being surprised. I said they’d be big mad, and I know I’m right :grin:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't be mad at all, just surprised. I don't hate the guy.

How mad would you be if Napier killed it as Gators coach? Omit nothing.
I'd be ecstatic. I don't care who is coaching as long as they are winning. See I think that's the difference between us. You're so wedded to potaters that you're ready to perform mental gymnastics on his behalf. It's a lot easier to just honestly asses. If he does great we're all happy. But I'm not going to feign happiness bc he gave me wood during a presser or bc i liked his aww shucks good ol boy routine. Meyer was an arrogant, narcissist prick that rivaled no other, but he won so I didn't care one iota. Napier can be the second coming of Christ, but if he ain't winning you can call me Pontius Pilate.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be ecstatic. I don't care who is coaching as long as they are winning. See I think that's the difference between us. You're so wedded to potaters that you're ready to perform mental gymnastics on his behalf. It's a lot easier to just honestly asses. If he does great we're all happy. But I'm not going to feign happiness bc he gave me wood during a presser or bc i liked his aww shucks good ol boy routine. Meyer was an arrogant, narcissist prick that rivaled no other, but he won so I didn't care one iota. Napier can be the second coming of Christ, but if he ain't winning you can call me Pontius Pilate.
My honest assessment is it's too early to judge him on his record, considering the whopping pile of sh!t he was handed. That's it.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
My honest assessment is it's too early to judge him on his record, considering the whopping pile of sh!t he was handed. That's it.

I’m in agreement there overall, but would you agree there are some early concerns?

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
It will help UF if he goes high and is a great NFL QB. That's all I care about.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Yes.

I also had a boatload of early concerns with Urban Meyer.
So did I, until he adjusted the offense and put in a full back to win the Leghumper game. (2005)

He was solid with me after that.

His track record at Utah and Bowling Green was also more impressive (imo) than BNs.

Have to admit though, the offense was hard to watch in 2005/2006. Defense and STs were top notch.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So did I, until he adjusted the offense and put in a full back to win the Leghumper game. (2005)

He was solid with me after that.

His track record at Utah and Bowling Green was also more impressive (imo) than BNs.

Have to admit though, the offense was hard to watch in 2005/2006. Defense and STs were top notch.
The amount of talent he inherited, particularly on defense, was off the charts.

I wasn't sold on Meyer until we beat OSU for the NC.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The amount of talent he inherited, particularly on defense, was off the charts.

I wasn't sold on Meyer until we beat OSU for the NC.
OSU game was brilliantly coached. The team played like a machine.

Meyer inherited a lot of talent on offense too... they just didn't fit his scheme. 2005/6 was hard to watch on offense.

Those are the years when Muschamp fell in love with Gator football.

Last edited:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Designed runs for Leach for one. The guy ran like a beached whale. Mullen apparently didn't see that. He kept running the guy and embarrassing the eff out of him.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The NFL hasn't called me yet to get my opinion (shocker) but if they can fix his footwork, I think he could be a phenom.

Here's a list of mediocre college QBs that made it big in the NFL. (I didn't write it ... save your complaints :lol: )

Good read. Favre seems the most relevant name on that list to compare to AR, the raw talent who eventually excelled. And worth noting that Favre was high risk/reward. He’d make throws no one else could but also threw a lot of passes he shouldn’t have.

I hope the best for AR. I wish he’d have stayed another year but if he goes as high as projected he had to go for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.