Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I hope to choke on potted meat and sodie crackers. Trust me I do, but Billy is in way over his head.
You won't get off that easy. When you're proven wrong, you'll simply be banned.

You're dead wrong about Billy. You wanted Kiffy, I get it.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If someone told me AR is going as the number 4 pick overall this time last year, I would have jumped in joy because I would have thought we won a championship or at least made the playoffs. Yet we had a losing record.

Crazy.
He obviously needed more games. But our receivers were trash. Against FSU I don’t think we had our top five receivers. All of them were out with injuries.

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
He’s awful

the-office-michael-scott.gif

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If someone told me AR is going as the number 4 pick overall this time last year, I would have jumped in joy because I would have thought we won a championship or at least made the playoffs. Yet we had a losing record.

Crazy.
You obviously took a year off from the board.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018

One thing is for sure. If He's worthy of the #4 Overall pick in the draft, then he completely tanked his one year as starter for the Gators. To come out with this BS "Always Gators", is disingenuous, at best. I'm not buying it.

He didn't want to play for us last year, his mind was on the draft.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's not that simple. Napier runs a complex scheme with lots of motion that places a premium on quarterback discipline. That's not necessarily a good fit for Richardson, who is at his best relying on raw instinct and his athletic ability.

Mullen's offense, on the other hand, rewarded a quarterback who could read and improvise. Richardson flourished. At least he did when he wasn't injured.

I wasn't there and can't vouch for Richardson's effort, but if it was missing my guess is it was over taking the time to really absorb the new offense. If you want to call that thinking about the draft, I suppose you can.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
It's not that simple. Napier runs a complex scheme with lots of motion that places a premium on quarterback discipline. That's not necessarily a good fit for Richardson, who is at his best relying on raw instinct and his athletic ability.

Mullen's offense, on the other hand, rewarded a quarterback who could read and improvise. Richardson flourished. At least he did when he wasn't injured.

I wasn't there and can't vouch for Richardson's effort, but if it was missing my guess is it was over taking the time to really absorb the new offense. If you want to call that thinking about the draft, I suppose you can.
If that were true, Complicated offense I mean, then he will be done in the NFL before training camp ends.
In my opinion, He "Flourished" in Mullens offense because there was no pressure. He actually wanted to ball and establish some sort of grounds for being talented and elite. His only real start for Mullen, against Ga , was a disaster.

I think, he showed enough in the Utah game last year, to get that "Elite" title moving in his direction.
Obviously, from a talent scouts perspective, the Utah game was his best game as a QB. Hell, I bought in. I think I made the comment on this very board something like, How are we so lucky to get these generational talented QB's to play at Florida. I actually thought, he was Heisman worthy after the Utah game.
Damn.......

Not sure if someone got in his head or what happened but he absolutely shiit the bed the following week.

I just don't think he was in it to win it for us.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If that were true, Complicated offense I mean, then he will be done in the NFL before training camp ends.
In my opinion, He "Flourished" in Mullens offense because there was no pressure. He actually wanted to ball and establish some sort of grounds for being talented and elite. His only real start for Mullen, against Ga , was a disaster.

I think, he showed enough in the Utah game last year, to get that "Elite" title moving in his direction.
Obviously, from a talent scouts perspective, the Utah game was his best game as a QB. Hell, I bought in. I think I made the comment on this very board something like, How are we so lucky to get these generational talented QB's to play at Florida. I actually thought, he was Heisman worthy after the Utah game.
Damn.......

Not sure if someone got in his head or what happened but he absolutely shiit the bed the following week.

I just don't think he was in it to win it for us.

He enters the NFL with more questions than answers. By committing to Richardson, the Colts are saying they have the time and willingness to develop him. It also means they're willing to adapt the offense to perhaps a more unstructured, dual-threat style. The Ravens did it with success. Other teams are moving that way. The Colts appear set to jump on that bandwagon.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think Levis is the perfect illustration of how the NFL gets all caught up in trends, the current one being aimed at allowing a supremely gifted quarterback beat you both ways.

Levis isn't exactly a statue, but he's probably already seen as having filled most of his potential, hence why he fell dramatically in the order. Richardson is the opposite. That kind of talent allows a team to dream of doing things it never did. But not without the threat of increased turnovers, which is the ultimate NFL no-no. It's a classic risk-versus-reward subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator