Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’m a huge AR fan, and want him to have a great legacy. But there are 10+ players that have proven a lot more behind him in that first round. That’s an insane spot for him at this point.

I also think Levis at 1 is so vintage NFL stupid. Not a fan of Bryce Young as a Giant either.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m a huge AR fan, and want him to have a great legacy. But there are 10+ players that have proven a lot more behind him in that first round. That’s an insane spot for him at this point.

I also think Levis at 1 is so vintage NFL stupid. Not a fan of Bryce Young as a Giant either.
I don’t understand how Bryce Young isn’t the number one pick

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Some teams draft on need and others just draft the athlete regardless.
Guess it will depend on which team sucked the most this year.

To me, especially considering it’s the Seahawks, and the success they had with Wilson, Young makes perfect sense. I’m with @GatorJ. Disastrous decision if that holds true.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
They'll compare him to Tua. Small QB who could potentially be injury prone.

Well he’s still predicted top 7. And Tua was a top pick as well. Are you saying he’s injury prone because he’s small? I’ve never heard that one before.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AR at #3 is just plain stupid!

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I don’t understand how Bryce Young isn’t the number one pick
Too frail? At bama he hasn't gotten hit much, but he just took out his throwing shoulder on a relatively modest fall. Scouts probably worry whether he can take the wear and tear. He will still probably be the first QB off the board, but AR could definitely move way up the board by the time the draft comes around.

Big, fast, athletic and huge arm is exactly what the NFL is looking for in a QB these days. Josh Allen, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson, Trevor Lawrence are the new prototype in a franchise QB, and AR is as big as these guys, has the arm, and is faster than all of them except Jackson. And AR is bigger and has a more traditional passing motion than Jackson. If he keeps progressing it's going to be damn hard to pass him if you need a QB.

I've never been in the camp who thinks he comes back next year. Even after the UK and USF game I have always thought we only get him for 1 year so needed to make the most of it this year.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Well he’s still predicted top 7. And Tua was a top pick as well. Are you saying he’s injury prone because he’s small? I’ve never heard that one before.
Alex Smith's leg says hello. The collisions are violent. It's simple physics. Bigger mass will absorb the momentum of a hit better than smaller, all things otherwise held equal.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tell us specifically why. Omit nothing.
Started 5 College games........ Makes poor decisions on 50% of his reads, looks great against FBS teams not so good against SEC teams.. His talent saves his azz half the time the other times, we shoot ourselves in the foot because of his poor reads. He's a great talent with potentially a high ceiling but he needs at least another year at the college level to "learn" the position. He seems like a good young man but he acts immature when things don't go well and that equates to not being the leader he needs to be. These few negatives are all things that can be learned through experience which he doesn't have, yet. The NFL is wrong to draft underclassmen just because they have potential but that is the model we have. This may strike some here as a reach but he reminds me of Vince Young.... I would take the same results in College as Vince but remember the Flame out in the NFL, and he had 3 years starting at Texas under his belt. I think AR needs more game experience than 1 season and I hope his advisors help him realize that. I know it's a gamble to play at least 1 more year in College but life is full of gambles and rewards.

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018
Amazing you can be:
1. Making the decisions and throws AR is making and;
2. Injury prone

yet your athleticism is impressive enough to still get drafted that high.

Insane. I don't believe that for a second.

I also don't believe Levis at #1. He's good but he's not THAT good.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
#1 pick or nothing, AR stay in school young man.

Love AR, but I don't see the #3 ranking on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb