Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
My biggest issue with AR, besides his legendary mental breakdown against UK, is his accuracy. After 2 coaching staffs and a personal QB coach, his accuracy is still the same as it was since his freshman year of high school The only anomaly was his senior year. Routinely missing screens, hitches, and drags isn't really fixable in my opinion.

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
I can't stand him off his show when he's on TV, but I've watched his show a zillion times when visiting Son #1 and it's entertaining and more intelligent than just about every other option out there.
His story about taking edibles to London was epic.

Altitude Gator

Lurking from Altitude
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2017
I think either you're a willing runner or you aren't, regardless of what you're being told. My impression was that he doesn't like to get hit, he constantly got up slow and was mentally thrown off for the rest of the day, where he showed it on the sideline by crawling up into a ball and ignoring his teammates. He also has ongoing hamstring issues. I doubt giving him untold millions is now going to motivate him.

I remember how the 49ers always told Steve Young not to run. He couldn't stop, he loved to run, and he knew it gave him an advantage. AR doesn't have that mindset, at all.

Personally, I think NFL defenses are going to eat him alive. The Colts are going to be covering their eyes a lot every time he drops back. 2026 (or possibly even 2025) is when the head coach gets fired and the GM shortly behind him. AR is going to leave a lot of executive careers trampled in his erratic wake. Wouldn't surprise me if this impending disaster even leads to the sale of the team.....at a greatly reduced rate.
Maybe they will be willing to take GC in trade for the franchise!

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Seriously? No idea how you guys can possibly think AR is going to suddenly be Michael Vick against NFL defenders. I also don't think the Colts coaches are going to be pushing for him to run like crazy anyway - he's injury prone on top of everything else.
I think you’re right. Easy reads, try to advance from there; RPO; teach him to get yards and take a knee.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't stand him off his show when he's on TV, but I've watched his show a zillion times when visiting Son #1 and it's entertaining and more intelligent than just about every other option out there.
Pfft. This is coming from the guy that can't stand Tucker and loves Gutfeld!

abefroman

Sausage King
Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2019
Wish him the best seriously. He’s still a head case though, hopefully only temporarily

10589447.png

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
OX is truly a master at :stirpot:

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Congrats to AR 15 for being selected to high and representing Gator Nation with such high esteem and valor and grace. Its really a testament to the program that Napier is building and that you can get drafted high in the NFL and make millions on dollars. This huge for our program going forward and for Napier. Go Gators!!

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will Levis to sue all NFL teams for racism?? His stock slipped due to him being white so no white priviledge there as he loses about $20 million in mayo money and rookie contract money. HUGE loss for him and us white folks

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think his willingness to run will be entirely different now. You could literally see from one game to the next that he was being cautioned by those in his camp to showcase his arm more, all for last night. I don’t think the Colts have any plans to make him strictly a pocket passer and I’m sure discussed that with him. At this stage, he can get hurt and he’s still set for life. That wasn’t the case last season.
Not to mention we were playing from behind in many of our conference games( Even Vanderbilt for god sake). Not exactly ideal for A quarterback ground game . Add to the fact behind him was a pedophile and an injured Sally Miller, running AR 15+ times a game just wasn’t going to happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb