Anthony Richardson drafted 4th overall to the Colts

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Good question, Mahomes comes to mind but AR went higher

How was Eli’s record at OM his last yr?

Jay Cutler?

Just spitballing names, I don’t remember their draft position. I’m getting old

Ole Miss finished 10-3 Eli’s senior year.

Good call on Cutler. Vandy finished 5-6 his senior year. He was drafted 11th in the first round.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
AR's mom did a good job with those boys. Draft night was the first night I heard mom and brother speak, and I was super impressed.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
WTF is mayo money? :lol:
i-think-you-already-know-i-think.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
AR's mom did a good job with those boys. Draft night was the first night I heard mom and brother speak, and I was super impressed.

He would literally get mobbed at the SW stadium exit and would keep signing even as his parents were kind of “ok, let’s go”. I’m the few interactions I had with him he was great with my two. He’s a good kid for sure.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
That brings up an interesting question. Prior to this year’s draft, who is the highest drafted player from a college team with a losing record and what spot was he taken? My guess is AR is the highest ever.
I found your question fascinating; so much so I took the trouble to do a little research.

So I went back through the last 25 NFL Drafts. In 2011, Ugly WR AJ Green was taken 4th overall. The dwags finished the previous season 6-7 (with a putrid bowl game loss). In the 2009 draft, Baylor OT Jason Smith was taken second overall after Baylor went 4-8. In 2003 WR Charles Rogers went second as well after a 4-8 season. In 2001 Missouri DE Justin Smith was 4th overall after a 3-8 season. That’s it: Five guys (including AR) in the last 25 years; and only AR was a QB. In general, guys drafted in the top 4 were on pretty good (10 or more wins) teams.

So how far back did I have to go to find a QB from a team with a losing or even non-winning season - after all AR opted out of the bowl, so it could be argued he went 6-6 - who was drafted in the top 4? I had to go back 37 years to the 1986 draft where Jim Everett was drafted #3 overall after leading Purdue to 5-6 record.

So while AR is neither the highest nor the only QB, it was definitely an anomaly.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I found your question fascinating; so much so I took the trouble to do a little research.

So I went back through the last 25 NFL Drafts. In 2011, Ugly WR AJ Green was taken 4th overall. The dwags finished the previous season 6-7 (with a putrid bowl game loss). In the 2009 draft, Baylor OT Jason Smith was taken second overall after Baylor went 4-8. In 2003 WR Charles Rogers went second as well after a 4-8 season. In 2001 Missouri DE Justin Smith was 4th overall after a 3-8 season. That’s it: Five guys (including AR) in the last 25 years; and only AR was a QB. In general, guys drafted in the top 4 were on pretty good (10 or more wins) teams.

So how far back did I have to go to find a QB from a team with a losing or even non-winning season - after all AR opted out of the bowl, so it could be argued he went 6-6 - who was drafted in the top 4? I had to go back 37 years to the 1986 draft where Jim Everett was drafted #3 overall after leading Purdue to 5-6 record.

So while AR is neither the highest nor the only QB, it was definitely an anomaly.
Chris Everett :)

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Its been a lifetime ago and that clip still cracks me up
I think what makes that clip so entertaining is at one time or another most people who ever listened to him have wanted to do that to Jim Rome. One day it finally happened for someone who had ability, motive, and opportunity.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He warned him, multiple times. Rome thought his sh it didnt stink
Some Latino called in to Rome and said at the end of the convo with Rome, “if the last caller can be Pancho, I can be Tyrone!”….classic humor take.

Rome‘s only policy was “have a take, DON’T suck!

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
PXL_20220904_041003133.jpg
Makes me glad I stayed after Utah to get this. Quite a transformation. Think what he still can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.