Anthony Richardson

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
You know damn good and well I want to win badly. Very badly. I'm an alum and bleed orange and blue. Just like I know you do. the fact is you can't admit you jumped the shark and while he may work out, so far it doesn't look great. you've been shaming and wagging all off-season and even into this game. I was on board and still am hopeful he can get it together but there are multiple issues I see and I'm not going to pretend otherwise. It's your board and honestly I'm tired of the increasing attacks on folks like myself who see issues and are concerned. I've been a loyal supporter but say the word and I'll leave. It's your board and if you think I hate the gators and want us to lose then I'll go elsewhere.

Honestly I thought we were tight as far as internet acquaintances go but I've had enough of being smeared for calling it like it is.
It's kind of strange. At best you can say he has made a lot of very questionable calls in every game so far. There's a lot to like about him, no doubt, but it's completely fair to say the jury is definitely way out on what we are going to get from Napier.

Despite all the shade you get for questioning whether he is going to be the guy, or the blind faith that he's a major upgrade on Zook and the M Brothers, the facts are the facts and his record is his record.

Here's the facts up to this point, Napier is the first coach to start 2-2 in the last 2 decades, since Zook's 2003 team. In order to achieve this start he had to be the first coach since the 1950's, before almost all of us were born, to lose to both UK and UT in the same year. His 2 wins both came down to opponent having the ball as the clock wound down, ready to score, then screwing the pooch to end the game.

If this was his record (2 loses and 2 wins by the skin of his teeth) but it was obvious he was making great in-game calls and had surrounded himself with top notch coordinators, and was simply dealing with inferior talent, that would be one thing. But that's not the case from what I'm seeing, so despite the good things he has done, there's no reason to feel it's better than a coinflip as to whether he will ever challenge for Chips before being relieved of his duties.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Look whether you like him or not if we got the hire wrong this time we might as well call UF football done forever. He has to work out. No one should be off the bandwagon yet. Improvement game to game is all I'm looking for..and honestly they improved from last week, even though they lost
The man is paid 7 million annually in the highest conference in college football. Demanding excellence every step is a prerequisite. This is ridiculous and not one damn person should be pleased about our program .

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The man is paid 7 million annually in the highest conference in college football. Demanding excellence every step is a prerequisite. This is ridiculous and not one damn person should be pleased about our program .
What did you expect this year for record with Mullen's players from a team that sucked last year

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
What did you expect this year for record with Mullen's players from a team that sucked last year
I expected the turd to be able to handle Kentucky in the swamp and not have a nail biter against the mighty Tampa bulls. Every game is going to either be a dog fight or us getting an asskicking . It’s shamefil
But the truth Nothing ever comes easy with this stupid style of play .

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I expected the turd to be able to handle Kentucky in the swamp and not have a nail biter against the mighty Tampa bulls. Every game is going to either be a dog fight or us getting an asskicking . It’s shamefil
But the truth Nothing ever comes easy with this stupid style of play .
You do know he was given a team that hadn't been coached in 4 years on offense or defense right? What record did you expect this year

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You do know he was given a team that hadn't been coached in 4 years on offense or defense right? What record did you expect this year
9 -3 easy with competent coaching . With Billy we will be lucky to win 7 ballgames . This team might not be bowl eligible

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
All I'd like to see is to see this coaching staff get a fair shake. He did almost everything right in the offseason, and recruiting is strong. You aren't giving him that fair shake, along with many others, as you didn't approve of the hire. Judging this entire regime and our future on 4 games is ridiculous and you know it. Napier isn't above reproach, he earned some criticism with some of the decisions in this game. However, I'm still happy with the progress of this program, which required a complete rebuild. That's where you and I disagree - I think so far he's done GREAT with the cards he was dealt. I don't think anyone, including that tard coach that went to USC, would have done any better.

We've been pessimistic, miserable fans the entire 8 years Gatorchatter has been here. I just get weary of it. I feel some people are so programmed to be pissed that they just lie in wait for something negative to happen so they can pounce. It's not fun anymore, at least for me. Ultimately, it's my fault for sticking my nose in that chat box tonight.
Maybe the fact that we just lost to UT and you think everything is great should tell you something. We don't even care anymore when we lose to teams we hate and we never lose to.

AR carried the team today, no doubt, not the coaches. But his fumble turned the tide. Without the fumble we probably win this game. But I don't don't blame AR alone for the fumble. I was watching with my son and as soon as they lined up with the empty backfield I told my son "this is stupid because everyone everywhere know this is going to be an inside run by AR, so why the hell would you take away the numbers advantage by taking away the option of the RB getting the handoff or pitch (ET preferably). Then sure enough, tragedy struck.

Folks who thought he was suddenly not the QB freak we had already witnessed (and expert evaluators had told us he was) were just retarded. I don't even want to guess what this season would look like without AR.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
9 -3 easy with competent coaching . With Billy we will be lucky to win 7 ballgames . This team might not be bowl eligible
You must be joking. You expected what is essentially many of the same players from last year to do that? Not even Saban fixed bama in one year

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
Maybe the fact that we just lost to UT and you think everything is great should tell you something. We don't even care anymore when we lose to teams we hate and we never lose to.

AR carried the team today, no doubt, not the coaches. But his fumble turned the tide. Without the fumble we probably win this game. But I don't don't blame AR alone for the fumble. I was watching with my son and as soon as they lined up with the empty backfield I told my son "this is stupid because everyone everywhere know this is going to be an inside run by AR, so why the hell would you take away the numbers advantage by taking away the option of the RB getting the handoff or pitch (ET preferably). Then sure enough, tragedy struck.

Folks who thought he was suddenly not the QB freak we had already witnessed (and expert evaluators had told us he was) were just retarded. I don't even want to guess what this season would look like without AR.
I dont' think anyone thinks everything is great. Some gator fans are acting like we never left the top of the mountain. UF is not the program it used to be. We can scream about it all we like but we're a joke right now. That's not easy to fix.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You must be joking. You expected what is essentially many of the same players from last year to do that? Not even Saban fixed bama in one year
The guy we fired went 9-3 regular season in year one with fat todd calling his defense . This was with a group that didn’t reach a bowl the year before . Our rebuild years should be 9-3. We should never be a team fighting tooth and nail with South Florida and fighting for bowl eligibility.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
The guy we fired went 9-3 regular season in year one with fat todd calling his defense . This was with a group that didn’t reach a bowl the year before . Our rebuild years should be 9-3. We should never be a team fighting tooth and nail with South Florida and fighting for bowl eligibility.
So yeah, you're one of the gator fans that I just mentioned that thinks we never left the top of the mountain. This program isn't even a shell of what it was under meyer. Its a burnt out husk. I'm sure alabama fans thought the same in their down years.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018

It would look like the ****ty recruiting and lack of coaching team should look like. I want to see him recruit and get better talent before I bail on the guy. This is the same defensive lineup that got biatch slapped by UCF.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

To be clear, this entire week was nerve racking and I had trouble sleeping last night, because it is Tennessee week. There’s no question it’s a bigger game. But, that being said, the whole “we never lose to UT” is a recent phenomenon and largely due to their having terrible coaching. Spurrier was 7-4 against the vols and lost 3 of 6 in Neyland. Things do change, and they are a respectable opponent again as much as I hate to admit it. No one should be ok with it, but for a first year team, there are things we can build around.

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
To be clear, this entire week was nerve racking and I had trouble sleeping last night, because it is Tennessee week. There’s no question it’s a bigger game. But, that being said, the whole “we never lose to UT” is a recent phenomenon and largely due to their having terrible coaching. Spurrier was 7-4 against the vols and lost 3 of 6 in Neyland. Things do change, and they are a respectable opponent again as much as I hate to admit it. No one should be ok with it, but for a first year team, there are things we can build around.
same with kentucky. Though we sort of let them rise with our recent coaches

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Feels like the same thing was said back in January 2011. I don’t buy it and you shouldn’t be selling it
You really don’t see any improvement in the program since he took over? It’s been turned completely upside down.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Looking for bright spots, Shorter, Pearsall, XH, and even Zip showed signs of life and were dare I say it, pretty good today. I still think AR gives us the best athlete on the field at the most important position so you can't stress how critical that is. I really like the RB's and O-Line. That gives me hope that the AR lead offense should have us competitive on that side of the ball against everyone, maybe even the dwags.

But our pass defense was complete ****e today. It was the rushing D that was god-awful last week so I have no confidence in the D right now. We have a couple dudes but as a unit, it more or less blows.

If AR keeps showing his progress, and considering his difficulty staying healthy, and I think he's out of here after the year even if projected late 1st or second round. If we don't get a Stud out of the Portal (which are going to be very rare) we are going to be screwed at the most important position. I can't imagine BN's offense and bizarre game management with a mediocre QB.

I know it's very early so we have to give the guy a chance, but I'm not feeling the excitement like I did when SOS or Urban came onboard.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
So which coach that was available to us would have us 3-0 right now? Key phrase "available to us". Cristobal who just lost to freaking MTSU? Or maybe we could have landed Tony Elliot from Clemson...have you seen Uva's offense? And that QB was one of the best in the country last year. A&M lost to App state....at home. You can't possibly think after the miserable recruiting classes that we have had under Mullen that Napier was going to just turn us into a east contender year one? UT and UK are GOOD! Accept it and move on. I won't make excuses for that sht show against USF but we did win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator