Anthony Richardson

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I used to play golf with a guy that would always fall apart if he missed a putt early. Not someone I'd want leading my team. If AR is really that mentally weak, we need to move on.
That's the point. I hate bagging on the kid because I truly like him and he's already given us a ton of excitement in his career here. But he's not mentally tough enough . He completely fell apart mentally. Against Kentucky. Hard to imagine much success against some of the tougher teams on our schedule. I guess we'll see if he can bounce back.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Obviously we need to be giving him easy throws early. I know there was a few drops early by the WR's in the game, but damn AR just went straight into the sh!tter. Throwing the ball into the ground on throws, I thought Driskel or Treon was the QB. A ton of praise got dumped on AR after last week and it went to his head. Maybe he'll bounce back after this, but we can't put so much on him, we need to put it on this o-line and ETN and Montrell.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Wow. That was ugly. Really ugly. He just doesn’t have field vision. We were at the game and from our vantage point it looked like he simply couldn’t see the receivers on the picks.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Wow. That was ugly. Really ugly. He just doesn’t have field vision. We were at the game and from our vantage point it looked like he simply couldn’t see the receivers on the picks.

Nonsense. I was told just last week that he saw the field as well, or better, than Trask.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I just have this sneaky feeling that Bryce Young may have inched ahead of Richardson in the Heisman race.

DarksideGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
Walking out after the game a lady with UAA told me there was over 20 NFL Scouts at the game tonight. Guess AR won’t have to worry about that anymore. Have to think this affected him, sure doesn’t look anything like I’ve seen from him. Even when I watched him in high school as a Sophomore he never looked passive or cautious with his reads and throws.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
I’m not ready to say he’s a bust after one bad game, but man that is the worst game I’ve seen by a QB that I can remember and we have suffered through a lot of trash the last 12 years. Biggest concern was his post game comments. Big time QB’s don’t get rattled by a few missed throws early. Does he bounce back or do the Yips follow him all year?

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
After sleeping on it, I think I’ve come to the conclusion that AR=Franks. He’s got all the physical tools but he doesn’t have the brain.
Horrible comparison. AR correctly makes reads that Franks didn’t even know about. The only thing wrong with his brain last night was his confidence (and what ever part controls ball placement).

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
That's the point. I hate bagging on the kid because I truly like him and he's already given us a ton of excitement in his career here. But he's not mentally tough enough . He completely fell apart mentally. Against Kentucky. Hard to imagine much success against some of the tougher teams on our schedule. I guess we'll see if he can bounce back.
It's when things don't go well leadership shows what you are made of...I don't think AR sucked it up and tried to rally the troops when he was on the sidelines...JMHO...Go Gators...:jog:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Kentucky had a game plan for Florida. Don't let the quarterback beat you. As Cover noted in his recap, there were no inside lanes. The outside was contained. That put added pressure on Richardson, who was making just his third start. Why he chose to be as transparent about his mental struggles escapes me. He just invited more of the same from future defenses.

Let's face it. For the time being, our talent level is no better than middling and certainly no better than Kentucky's, as difficult as it may be to swallow. We're going to live by the big play and turnovers. Neither was working in our favor last night. And yet if you change a few plays, the outcome could have been very different.

No need to jump yet. Hang in there. Work, teach, learn. Believe.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Kentucky had a game plan for Florida. Don't let the quarterback beat you. As Cover noted in his recap, there were no inside lanes. The outside was contained. That put added pressure on Richardson, who was making just his third start. Why he chose to be as transparent about his mental struggles escapes me. He just invited more of the same from future defenses.

Let's face it. For the time being, our talent level is no better than middling and certainly no better than Kentucky's, as difficult as it may be to swallow. We're going to live by the big play and turnovers. Neither was working in our favor last night. And yet if you change a few plays, the outcome could have been very different.

No need to jump yet. Hang in there. Work, teach, learn. Believe.
Very few are able to admit that UK had a great game plan for our offense. Stoops had his defense ready and they played well. Like I said earlier, we won’t face another D that good until Jax.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
As well as Anthony played last week he showed little if any touch.
My seats are down low but with the inability too throw over anyone it looked as though they took away the throwing lanes and we had no answer.
Add in the oline being unable to get to the second level made for a miserable night.
Truthfully the entire offense sh!t the bed including the coaches.

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
He's not only great, he's clutch. He's going to have to carry this team.

Discuss.

My nickname for him has been "glass", because he's been fragile, physically. I guess it holds true for him mentally too.

His athleticism is off the charts and I think he'll get stronger mentally by hanging around CBN.

Last night's loss, while ugly and still stinging, will help AR grow.

:chomp:

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
AR is mentally slow. Simple as that.
I wouldn't say he is mentally slow, that suggests he's dumb. He's not dumb....he has a confidence issue.

He's been built up to be the second coming of Superman, and his physical abilities speak to that. What is clear though, is he hasn't been taught how to handle adversity, like at all. As soon as he's rattled, he's fuched.

This staff needs to coach him up, and quickly, how to forget the last play and dial in on the next. The best quarterbacks let nothing bother them.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Looked like a sad little puppy all night, that’s not something a Cam Newton or Vince Young type generational player would ever show on the sidelines regardless of mistakes. Did not see the same fire to get back out there and put the team on his back like the best ones possess, AR just don’t got it.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
There was one shot where CBN was trying to get himto look at a play. AR had his head down staring at his hands. Billy had to actually push it into his hands and vision. Sums up the night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.