Anthony Richardson

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was thinking that same thing last night. I wonder how the fans will react next week when he is introduced in the pre-game starting line-ups?
Unbelievable booing that will shake the stadium. Bottles of water hurled at him, along with batteries fans sneaked in. Anyone near the tunnel will dump full cups of beer on his head as he comes out.

Good Christ. Our fans will cheer, Joe, like they always do.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Wouldn't it be great to have to listen to UT claiming victory in advance (even more than usual) and then having AR go off completely in their house? Their defense is awful, it could be done. Part of me wonders if AR would feel LESS pressure on the road, with everyone in the stands hating him.
Very very real possibility

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Unbelievable booing that will shake the stadium. Bottles of water hurled at him, along with batteries fans sneaked in. Anyone near the tunnel will dump full cups of beer on his head as he comes out.

Good Christ. Our fans will cheer, Joe, like they always do.
Most will, some will not! I will be there cheering for him and the entire team. I'll report Sunday if I hear more than a smattering of boos!

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There won't be any boos except possibly from the USF fans for phuks sake. It really is a shame the dementia meds aren't the major breakthrough we were hoping for :crazy:
Joe just has to create a boogeyman to rant and rave about. He's got nothing else.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I was thinking that same thing last night. I wonder how the fans will react next week when he is introduced in the pre-game starting line-ups?
I think 99% of the fans are still 100% behind him. Gator fans want players and the team to be successful. It was only his 3rd start.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
The key to the loss is his admission at the 2:20 mark that he is a QB and was going to pass more(the NFL scouts were at the game).
That was tough to watch .
But, respect.
Although I would have rather seen a Tebow like reaction (the promise)and more of a strong gritted teeth angry, I’”I WILL play better” presser, much respect to Anthony for walking out there to take questions.

He was clearly uncomfortable but went out there anyway.
I feel better now.

I think he will be a better QB the rest of the season.

Also, kudos to Napier for allowing him to speak to the press after such a meltdown.

A lot of respect earned from this Gator.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
That was tough to watch .
But, respect.
Although I would have rather seen a Tebow like reaction (the promise)and more of a strong gritted teeth angry, I’”I WILL play better” presser, much respect to Anthony for walking out there to take questions.

He was clearly uncomfortable but went out there anyway.
I feel better now.

I think he will be a better QB the rest of the season.

Also, kudos to Napier for allowing him to speak to the press after such a meltdown.

A lot of respect earned from this Gator.
Timmy had a LOT more starts under his belt with continuity within the staff and scheme. His ability to accurately assess where he was and where he needed to be was way different.

If AR took that same approach, how much would be false bravado? Can't say for sure about that, however a 20 yr old with the humility to admit he's got a lot of growing up to do has the proper attitude. I just hope his confidence hasn't been shaken more than necessary. It's way too early to think that's gonna be an ongoing problem, but we'll see as the season progresses. I'm still optimistic that he'll use this as a learning opportunity.

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
If we rely on the run game and use our defense...it's not inconceivable that AR turns it around and we win or are in every game except Georgia....

If Napier thinks AR is going to win throwing 35 times a game, we're in trouble

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Timmy had a LOT more starts under his belt with continuity within the staff and scheme. His ability to accurately assess where he was and where he needed to be was way different.

If AR took that same approach, how much would be false bravado? Can't say for sure about that, however a 20 yr old with the humility to admit he's got a lot of growing up to do has the proper attitude. I just hope his confidence hasn't been shaken more than necessary. It's way too early to think that's gonna be an ongoing problem, but we'll see as the season progresses. I'm still optimistic that he'll use this as a learning opportunity.
I hear ya.
Notice I didn’t say anything about Anthony taking the team on his back and taking full head on control of the teams play from here on out.
Like Tim did with the promise.

Perhaps by mentioning “The Promise” my post read like a slight to Anthony by not taking on the entire direction of the team.

That’s not what I wanted to say there.

Instead of the shifting from side to side and the dejected demeanor, perhaps a bit more forceful response.
“I WILL play better”

I agree with you in that, new staff, new playbook entirely different situations from Tim wanting that undefeated season and Anthony standing up like a man and taking hard questions about his first loss in the Swamp.

Regardless, Respect earned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.