Anthony Richardson

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
This is another one of those 10000s of coaches that have an idea about your QBing. Unlike 99.43% of them I am actually called coach and have been for well over 40 yrs. Aside that this is my message to you. You are a local kid and we (us locals) love that. We have had local kids before star at UF. The Peterson kids from Santa Fe. Nattiel from Newberry and Kerwin from Mayo. Mcgriffs from GHS. Jacksons from PKY. WE want you to do well and succeed. We want you to be a star and lead our favorite team to glory. We want you go on from here and make lots of money in the NFL. You seem like a good young man with lots of athletic ability. That said, QB gets all the credit usually for wins and all the credit for losses. You had a bad game. Now move on. The great QBs leave bad plays and keep playing. I know the hard part is knowing you are it right now. No 2nd string to relieve you. Well, the majority of us believe you CAN do it. We have seen flashes of your ability. We know you have it in you to do well at UF as QB. Now, having said all this, I and a few others here are gonna say a prayer today that you quit worrying about messing up and play like you and we know you can play. AND that you stay injury free. We love you, Anthony, like we love all our gator QBs that lead us to glory. Besides Sofla said you will be fine. And that &$^## knows what he is talking about...........
stop-posting.gif

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Already hammered, oddly judgemental, most likely going to pass out on his front lawn holding a lawn chair stephenpe is by far my 2nd favorite form. Easily Top 15 maybe-Bradford County posters on here.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Disgusted at his play tonight. He’s got what baseball players call “the yips”. We all know he’s better than what he’s showing last two games. The fact that he was on the money with all of his throws until he misfired for a bad (horrid) pick, then he was spraying the ball all over the place, not within 10 yards of WRs.

SOMEBODY GET THIS MAN A PSYCHOLOGIST. He’s too talented to look like Treon Harris.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He needs to be benched. And if he's the best we got then Napier needs to answer a lot of questions. There was plenty of time to address this in the portal. He's awful.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
2nd game in a row, where AR's passing in the 2nd half has killed us. He never looks to his check down, which is always open.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I hate to give up on him, but I just don’t think AR is going to work out. He isn’t who we thought. Last years bright spots were flukes….fools gold. Turns out he’s just another athlete that doesn’t have it between the ears.

If we can’t go with another QB we must go full out running attack. I honestly don’t want to see him pass again.

The Lateral Move

Oct 9, 2018
I hate to give up on him, but I just don’t think AR is going to work out. He isn’t who we thought. Last years bright spots were flukes….fools gold. Turns out he’s just another athlete that doesn’t have it between the ears.

If we can’t go with another QB we must go full out running attack. I honestly don’t want to see him pass again.
100%

Like I said in another thread, dude gives me Driskel vibes. Last two games were textbook Driskel

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Don't want to give up on him either. I'm sure if Miller was available he would have been given some PT by now. Hopefully get becomes available soon. But at this point not sure that Kitna and other would do worse. So why not?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I have to ask myself if what I've seen previously from Richardson was all a mirage. Because the guy who showed up the last two Saturdays looks nothing like the previous version.

Be careful how you approach this, Billy. Let the kid play loose. Let him regain his confidence. Let him be him. Teach. And hope for the best.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Some athletes can not play QB without being on the move. Bowden learned that finally with Charlie Ward after many wasted games making him be a “pocket passer.”
That's a very good point. Charlie Ward was terrible until they let him play his game.

Fingers crossed they find the solution.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Here's my wife's take but I'll explain it my way.

You're on the interstate driving along. There's little traffic. As you journey on, your doing 73mph casually in the middle lane leaving the passing lane open because your a good citizen. As you look ahead there is only one other car ahead of you. He's also in the middle lane but he's going about 60mph. You flip your blinker and move to the passing lane just cruising at your same speed. As you near the car ahead that is going 60, he sees you. He looks at his speedometer and realizes he was just sightseeing at 60 mph. Now caring about his speed, thanks to you, he realizes he now should be doing 70. Your wondering what is this guy doing so you gun it and complete your pass and switch back into the middle lane where the other guy being alone on the road again settles back down to 60mph and gets smaller on your rearview.

My wife firmly believes that AR is the type of guy that needs someone else on the road to get him up to speed. She thinks he needs to compete with someone to do what needs to be done and that being left alone as the starter provides him no motivation to 'speed up'. She is adamant that he is the type of guy that has to have competition behind him to be able to 'outdo' him. That's her reasoning for the difference from AR vs EJ and AR vs himself. Not my take but she mentions this every game quite a few times.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I have to ask myself if what I've seen previously from Richardson was all a mirage. Because the guy who showed up the last two Saturdays looks nothing like the previous version.

Be careful how you approach this, Billy. Let the kid play loose. Let him regain his confidence. Let him be him. Teach. And hope for the best.

My concern is that outside of a solid(still not great passing) game against Utah, all the other moments he’s had have been as a reliever when there was nothing to lose, or against bad competition, or both. The pressure, and his performance, is totally different when the pressure is on.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's my wife's take but I'll explain it my way.

You're on the interstate driving along. There's little traffic. As you journey on, your doing 73mph casually in the middle lane leaving the passing lane open because your a good citizen. As you look ahead there is only one other car ahead of you. He's also in the middle lane but he's going about 60mph. You flip your blinker and move to the passing lane just cruising at your same speed. As you near the car ahead that is going 60, he sees you. He looks at his speedometer and realizes he was just sightseeing at 60 mph. Now caring about his speed, thanks to you, he realizes he now should be doing 70. Your wondering what is this guy doing so you gun it and complete your pass and switch back into the middle lane where the other guy being alone on the road again settles back down to 60mph and gets smaller on your rearview.

My wife firmly believes that AR is the type of guy that needs someone else on the road to get him up to speed. She thinks he needs to compete with someone to do what needs to be done and that being left alone as the starter provides him no motivation to 'speed up'. She is adamant that he is the type of guy that has to have competition behind him to be able to 'outdo' him. That's her reasoning for the difference from AR vs EJ and AR vs himself. Not my take but she mentions this every game quite a few times.
AR never really wanted the starting QB job and responsibilities. He was perfectly content being #2 to EJ and said so somewhat in deference to EJs seniority, allegedly. AR doesn’t appear to have any desire at all to be a leader with its attendant responsibilities. AR needs to be on the move to throw accurately, much like Charlie Ward. He is flat footed and lost as a pocket passer. Letting him move won’t solve the lack of leadership problem, but at least will let him relax and play more naturally…maybe.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
AR never really wanted the starting QB job and responsibilities. He was perfectly content being #2 to EJ and said so somewhat in deference to EJs seniority, allegedly. AR doesn’t appear to have any desire at all to be a leader with its attendant responsibilities. AR needs to be on the move to throw accurately, much like Charlie Ward. He is flat footed and lost as a pocket passer. Letting him move won’t solve the lack of leadership problem, but at least will let him relax and play more naturally…maybe.

Defenses are taking that away. And it will continue. You have to be able to read and make plays in the pocket to be a successful QB. The roll outs and movement can’t be your base offense. It’s too easy to shut down.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Defenses are taking that away. And it will continue. You have to be able to read and make plays in the pocket to be a successful QB. The roll outs and movement can’t be your base offense. It’s too easy to shut down.
Did you ever see Charlie Ward play his senior year?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Did you ever see Charlie Ward play his senior year?

I was 13 but yes. I don’t think that’s a sustainable approach. The UK linebacker literally called us out and said they wouldn’t allow AR to do what he did to Utah. He was right. Then Usf executed the same blueprint. The roll outs with no one there and open field in front of him for at least 5 yards in week one have turned into rollouts with a DE/LB not only in his face but forcing him backwards and throwing off his back foot. That will be the new norm outside of mixing it in occasionally and catching a team unprepared.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I was 13 but yes. I don’t think that’s a sustainable approach. The UK linebacker literally called us out and said they wouldn’t allow AR to do what he did to Utah. He was right. Then Usf executed the same blueprint. The roll outs with no one there and open field in front of him for at least 5 yards in week one have turned into rollouts with a DE/LB not only in his face but forcing him backwards and throwing off his back foot. That will be the new norm outside of mixing it in occasionally and catching a team unprepared.
Completely agree. Not sure why people are suggesting more rollouts/boots will make things better, those have been some of our worst plays.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
The defenses seem to be easily reading any play where AR leaves the pocket and shut it down. So play off the spy, we should be +1 somewhere. Counter

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator