Anthony Richardson

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Completely agree. Not sure why people are suggesting more rollouts/boots will make things better, those have been some of our worst plays.

Doesn’t help that we’ve run them every time to the short side of the field. Has anyone figured out why we do this? It’s infuriating that we actively offset our speed by taking away field space. That’s probably my biggest complaint of the offensive approach so far. Total lack of situational awareness.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Maybe Mullen knew more about QBs that we gave him credit for.

Doesn’t excuse that EJ was his guy and after 4 years wasn’t an SEC level QB. Mullen has no validation in this. We’d be losing with both right now. We stopped recruiting QBs and lined our pockets with athletes and what if’s.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
I’m puzzled with the scheme. To me it looks like we are trying to turn AR into Tom Brady a pocket passer, when he throws like Marcia.
He throws like Treon. I wouldnt say Pocket Passer when he misses mid level passes that any SEC QB should be expected to make

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn’t help that we’ve run them every time to the short side of the field. Has anyone figured out why we do this? It’s infuriating that we actively offset our speed by taking away field space. That’s probably my biggest complaint of the offensive approach so far. Total lack of situational awareness.
They're setting things up for the Leghumper game.
adam savage mythbusters GIF

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He throws like Treon. I wouldnt say Pocket Passer when he misses mid level passes that any SEC QB should be expected to make

He's undisciplined. I question the level of coaching he's gotten so far, not just from Napier but going back to the beginning. He should be further along.

Daryl

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2017
He's undisciplined. I question the level of coaching he's gotten so far, not just from Napier but going back to the beginning. He should be further along.
I think when it comes to accuracy, you either have it or you dont.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I’m puzzled with the scheme. To me it looks like we are trying to turn AR into Tom Brady a pocket passer, when he throws like Marcia.

Sling Blade's system is very similar to almost all college systems, but even he has mentioned that his system is much less QB run driven. The problem with that in this particular case is that AR's strength is his running and athletic ability, so step 1 is that Sling Blade has to incorporate QB run into the scheme. Now it does appear AR is hobbled (physically) and will be hobbled mentally for a lot longer, but I have 2 thoughts. One, without a decent backup in Sling Blade's view, he is hesitant to run AR. Second, and I am in no way implying stereotypes, but perhaps AR is trying to "prove" to others that he is a QB, and not a football player or athlete lining up at QB. This system has read option, followed by an RPO after the initial read all in the same play now. To me it is those types of plays that suit AR. Or bootlegs and/or even throwbacks. His arm is strong enough. He needs significant help and pass plays involving some deception or misdirection fit him versus standard in the pocket, drop back routes. Getting behind the chains on 1st down with AR at QB just can't happen. If Sling Blade comes to the conclusion (which he should have already) that we must be a ball control, stay on schedule offense, then we can hang around in games where we look to be the lesser opponent. But if he continues to want to keep AR in the pocket a lot with the play calls, it will be detrimental to the entire team. You know Tebow is one of the greatest college football players ever, but he was a great football player lining up at QB. It was not until he left college that he let his ego and desire to play QB derail what could have been a pro football long career. I would hate for AR to have a derailed college career b/c of his stubborness.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I think when it comes to accuracy, you either have it or you dont.
Yup... see the FSU back up kid on Saturday... came off the bench unexpectedly, didn't see him overthink anything, trusted receivers and just winged the ****in' ball to where it was supposed to go in under 2.5 seconds. If there was nothing there in 2.5 seconds, he ran, effectively.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Here's my wife's take but I'll explain it my way.

You're on the interstate driving along. There's little traffic. As you journey on, your doing 73mph casually in the middle lane leaving the passing lane open because your a good citizen. As you look ahead there is only one other car ahead of you. He's also in the middle lane but he's going about 60mph. You flip your blinker and move to the passing lane just cruising at your same speed. As you near the car ahead that is going 60, he sees you. He looks at his speedometer and realizes he was just sightseeing at 60 mph. Now caring about his speed, thanks to you, he realizes he now should be doing 70. Your wondering what is this guy doing so you gun it and complete your pass and switch back into the middle lane where the other guy being alone on the road again settles back down to 60mph and gets smaller on your rearview.

My wife firmly believes that AR is the type of guy that needs someone else on the road to get him up to speed. She thinks he needs to compete with someone to do what needs to be done and that being left alone as the starter provides him no motivation to 'speed up'. She is adamant that he is the type of guy that has to have competition behind him to be able to 'outdo' him. That's her reasoning for the difference from AR vs EJ and AR vs himself. Not my take but she mentions this every game quite a few times.
This post is useless without pics of the wife

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
AR is definitely carrying a right ankle injury. Likely from UK. It can’t be helping anything.

Highlights show him hopping on one leg and limping after his one long scramble vs USF.

Forget AR15. He’s Mr. Glass.

MatthewM.

Founding Member
Chief Queef
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's my wife's take but I'll explain it my way.

You're on the interstate driving along. There's little traffic. As you journey on, your doing 73mph casually in the middle lane leaving the passing lane open because your a good citizen. As you look ahead there is only one other car ahead of you. He's also in the middle lane but he's going about 60mph. You flip your blinker and move to the passing lane just cruising at your same speed. As you near the car ahead that is going 60, he sees you. He looks at his speedometer and realizes he was just sightseeing at 60 mph. Now caring about his speed, thanks to you, he realizes he now should be doing 70. Your wondering what is this guy doing so you gun it and complete your pass and switch back into the middle lane where the other guy being alone on the road again settles back down to 60mph and gets smaller on your rearview.

My wife firmly believes that AR is the type of guy that needs someone else on the road to get him up to speed. She thinks he needs to compete with someone to do what needs to be done and that being left alone as the starter provides him no motivation to 'speed up'. She is adamant that he is the type of guy that has to have competition behind him to be able to 'outdo' him. That's her reasoning for the difference from AR vs EJ and AR vs himself. Not my take but she mentions this every game quite a few times.
Just tell her to go back in the kitchen

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
We should be 1-2.
Last week was a gift.
Its a team game from Napier down.
Someone please tell me we have other packages for our other QB’s.
Everyone should be ready. Everyone should be stepping up their game. Jesus this is the SEC!!!!

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
AR is definitely carrying a right ankle injury. Likely from UK. It can’t be helping anything.

Highlights show him hopping on one leg and limping after his one long scramble vs USF.

Forget AR15. He’s Mr. Glass.
I was suggesting this all summer. Is he hurt or is he injured? Anyone that has played knows the difference. He has probably been a freak athlete since Pop Warner and coddled when just hurt. This mind set is hard to coach out of a kid.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
I was suggesting this all summer. Is he hurt or is he injured? Anyone that has played knows the difference. He has probably been a freak athlete since Pop Warner and coddled when just hurt. This mind set is hard to coach out of a kid.

There was zero contact on the play. None. And he still got up hopping around and gingerly testing the right ankle. He’s hurt. Question is how bad and is he a wuss?

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
Driving into work this morning a radio host gave this little nugget about AR. He has more tackles (3) than he does TD passes (0).

2022 SEASON STATS​

• YDS
    107th
  • TD
    Tied-121st
  • INT
    Tied-109th
  • QBR
    104th

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.