Antonio Callaway suspended 4 games

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Was it weed again? He should follow the dumb, outdated rule if he wants to play because it is still the rule. If anybody should be allowed to smoke weed though it should be football players so it can help them with their head injuries.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The average THC content of pot today is 50%, sometimes as much as 80%. Back when I was in high school, it was maybe 3% at best. Think about that a moment.
SO MANY PEOPLE dont understand this.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Oh come on it's not that bad. Y'all are making it seem way worse than it is. Just because you're not used to smoking a joint doesn't make it "knock you on your ass" type stuff. It's not shots of whiskey. This is veering far off of sports. I'm going to check out of this thread. I just think pot isn't as strong as you guys are making it seem. Maybe it sucked back in the day. Sorry you smoked weed with 3% thc. That must've sucked.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh come on it's not that bad. Y'all are making it seem way worse than it is. Just because you're not used to smoking a joint doesn't make it "knock you on your ass" type stuff. It's not shots of whiskey. This is veering far off of sports. I'm going to check out of this thread. I just think pot isn't as strong as you guys are making it seem. Maybe it sucked back in the day. Sorry you smoked weed with 3% thc. That must've sucked.

You obviously haven’t smoked any current hy-grade shiit.....can’t even talk.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
The average THC content of pot today is 50%, sometimes as much as 80%. Back when I was in high school, it was maybe 3% at best. Think about that a moment.

Back in the day, it was laughable to think anyone could get messed up on weed beyond the last high. It was as harmless as a few beers.

A couple hits of the stuff now and you're on your ass. It's very plausible to imagine someone having a substance abuse issue. I would know. My 22-year-old does. He can't make it to noon without vaping the stuff. He literally can't.

That’s awful. I hope he’s able to break away from it. Most of my stoner friends in college did, but as you note it’s very different today in strength of weed and cultural acceptance.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I
You obviously haven’t smoked any current hy-grade shiit.....can’t even talk.
I didn't want to get into this discussion. But here it goes. I smoke weed and I vape the stuff that's around 80-90% thc. It's not as strong as people are making it seem. You can take a few hits or smoke a joint and function if you're not a pussy. It's not like taking three or four shots of whiskey. Now that will mess you up.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I

I didn't want to get into this discussion. But here it goes. I smoke weed and I vape the stuff that's around 80-90% thc. It's not as strong as people are making it seem. You can take a few hits or smoke a joint and function if you're not a pussy. It's not like taking three or four shots of whiskey. Now that will mess you up.

Perhaps it depends on what you are used to?

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Perhaps it depends on what you are used to?

Yeah maybe you're right. I just think there's a difference between smoking two joints and taking a few shots. It's hypocritical of the NFL to give players pain killers like they're handing out candy but the players can't smoke a joint. That makes absolutely no sense. For the record I think like a libertarian and think drugs aren't a huge problem like the news or whoever makes it seem. Players and people in general need to use moderation. I don't think we should take pain killers away from players either just because some morons are abusing them. They work an extremely physical job. If their doctor lets them take pain killers or smoke weed, they should be allowed.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Since 78's numbers sounded so insane, I had to look them up for myself. What I found:

A Rise in Marijuana’s THC Levels

In the early 1990s, the average THC content in confiscated cannabis samples was roughly 3.7 percent for marijuana and 7.5 percent for sinsemilla (a higher potency marijuana from specially tended female plants). In 2013, it was 9.6 percent for marijuana and 16 percent for sinsemilla. Also, newly popular methods of smoking or eating THC-rich hash oil extracted from the marijuana plant (a practice called "dabbing") may deliver very high levels of THC to the user. The average marijuana extract contains over 50 percent THC, with some samples exceeding 80 percent.

I guess I'd rate it as partially true. Pot is twice as strong, but cannabis extract is significantly stronger.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I

You really didn’t need to make this admission. It’s a dead giveaway when someone says “dumb outdated rule,” as you did earlier. In my experience, many find the rule, and law for that matter, dumb and outdated, but generally only active users care enough say anything.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
For the record I think like a libertarian and think drugs aren't a huge problem like the news or whoever makes it seem.
I suppose it comes down to how do you define a “huge problem.” In 2017 (2018 numbers are not yet complete), there were 72,000 drug overdose deaths in the US. Roughly that’s the equivalent of two 9/11’s every month. And the number has gone up every year for quite a few years. To me, that’s a lot of people dying. So, I guess I’m the whomever who thinks it’s a big problem.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I suppose it comes down to how do you define a “huge problem.” In 2017 (2018 numbers are not yet complete), there were 72,000 drug overdose deaths in the US. Roughly that’s the equivalent of two 9/11’s every month. And the number has gone up every year for quite a few years. To me, that’s a lot of people dying. So, I guess I’m the whomever who thinks it’s a big problem.

I agree drugs are a problem but drugs will always be available and the government will never stop it. Mostly its money wasted trying.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I agree drugs are a problem but drugs will always be available and the government will never stop it. Mostly its money wasted trying.
If the damage could be limited or even just lessened, do you still think it’s a waste of money?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator