Antonio Callaway suspended 4 games

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
If the damage could be limited or even just lessened, do you still think it’s a waste of money?

Maybe but I have serious doubts. Drugs flow as much or more than they ever did and billions and billions have been spent to stop them. There has been untold thousands of man hours trying. Planes, boats, trains, cars and trucks and underground tunnels continue to supply the world. In drug producing countries the cops and leaders are bought and paid for and production rolls right along. No stopping it now...

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Maybe but I have serious doubts. Drugs flow as much or more than they ever did and billions and billions have been spent to stop them. There has been untold thousands of man hours trying. Planes, boats, trains, cars and trucks and underground tunnels continue to supply the world. In drug producing countries the cops and leaders are bought and paid for and production rolls right along. No stopping it now...
Interdiction is only one piece of the puzzle. The governments (fed & state) and regular folks spend quite a bit on prevention and treatment (more than on enforcement by the way). As we have not tried total legalization we have no real idea if it would be an overall cost savings or not.
If you recall btw, the original question was whether or not this is a big problem. We’re going off on a separate issue.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I suppose it comes down to how do you define a “huge problem.” In 2017 (2018 numbers are not yet complete), there were 72,000 drug overdose deaths in the US. Roughly that’s the equivalent of two 9/11’s every month. And the number has gone up every year for quite a few years. To me, that’s a lot of people dying. So, I guess I’m the whomever who thinks it’s a big problem.
Prescription drugs are a far bigger problem IMO. Do you see coke, weed or heroin marketed all over every form of media at all hours if the day?

Swamp Queen

Founding Member
Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Prescription drugs are a far bigger problem IMO. Do you see coke, weed or heroin marketed all over every form of media at all hours if the day?
I grew up in a family of pharmacists. Prescription drugs are definitely a huge problem in this country.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If the damage could be limited or even just lessened, do you still think it’s a waste of money?
Yes. Drugs aren’t a problem in my community. I’d like for the police to focus their efforts more on property crimes...which are basically ignored in any decent size city.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ask your doctor if methamphetamine is right for you! Side effects may include extreme paranoia, loss of teeth, severe mood swings, the urge to hump stuffed animals, and an irrational support of the Florida State Seminoles.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Ask your doctor if methamphetamine is right for you! Side effects may include extreme paranoia, loss of teeth, severe mood swings, the urge to hump stuffed animals, and an irrational support of the Florida State Seminoles.
I laugh every time I listen to the disclaimers at the end if the commercials. A friggin drug for toenail fungus may cause sudden blindness, heart failure, limbs to fall off or paralysis. :lol:

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I grew up in a family of pharmacists. Prescription drugs are definitely a huge problem in this country.

Yep but like everything else the druggies have made it nearly impossible for people who actually need help with pain relief to get help. Now everybody is treated like a criminal drug abuser. The VA told me pretty much that unless I was dying I couldn't get any pain meds.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Especially when folks are seeking them out because they saw an ad for them and self diagnosed their problem.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
I don’t disagree. Many of the fatal ODs are on prescription drugs or are of current or former prescription drug abusers.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yes. Drugs aren’t a problem in my community. I’d like for the police to focus their efforts more on property crimes...which are basically ignored in any decent size city.
Of course, a large percentage of property crimes are committed by drug addicts. This is a problem that will not be solved by legalization.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Of course, a large percentage of property crimes are committed by drug addicts. This is a problem that will not be solved by legalization.
They’ll have the resources to work property crimes if they aren’t calling 3 squad cars, a drug sniffing dog and a helicopter after every moron carrying a joint around with them. Have you had to deal with reporting a theft of any kind? They openly give no f*cks unless you can provide them with HD video and notarized, written admission. :lol:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All that said, if you’re too dumb to stay off drugs that are tested for by your employer, then you should probably be managing a shovel as a career.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
They’ll have the resources to work property crimes if they aren’t calling 3 squad cars, a drug sniffing dog and a helicopter after every moron carrying a joint around with them. Have you had to deal with reporting a theft of any kind? They openly give no f*cks unless you can provide them with HD video and notarized, written admission. :lol:
True story. Had a friend who had his chain saw stolen. Had clear video. Easy to identify the perp who was down the street still wearing the same clothes as in the video. Gendarmes said they "couldn't do anything about it" and refused to go and even look at or talk to guy.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
True story. Had a friend who had his chain saw stolen. Had clear video. Easy to identify the perp who was down the street still wearing the same clothes as in the video. Gendarmes said they "couldn't do anything about it" and refused to go and even look at or talk to guy.
But if they saw the guy smoking a joint they’d have called the SWAT team.

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
I laugh every time I listen to the disclaimers at the end if the commercials. A friggin drug for toenail fungus may cause sudden blindness, heart failure, limbs to fall off or paralysis. :lol:
And don't take it if you are allergic to it...l

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
They just dont count them and claim that crime is down.

Do you think those druggies are going to stop stealing your shyt if drugs were legal? Or are you gonna make them free too in some Green New Deal 2.0.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Party of the mayor of said city? Let me guess.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Party of the mayor of said city? Let me guess.
No, this was a rural case and fell on the sheriff's department. In fact, my friend (who never got satisfaction) got the most interest and help from the female and African-American police chief of the town the crime almost, but didn't quite, occur in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator