Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Party of the Sheriff then?

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
I suppose it comes down to how do you define a “huge problem.” In 2017 (2018 numbers are not yet complete), there were 72,000 drug overdose deaths in the US. Roughly that’s the equivalent of two 9/11’s every month. And the number has gone up every year for quite a few years. To me, that’s a lot of people dying. So, I guess I’m the whomever who thinks it’s a big problem.
Natural selection. I'm jk.
None of those overdoses had anything to do with marijuana or the extract. A few draws of the extract would be similar to a shot of whiskey. That's all I was saying. It's not going to mess you up to the point you can't walk around or function like a normal, not-high person.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
If the damage could be limited or even just lessened, do you still think it’s a waste of money?

Absolutely it's a complete waste. So many better things could be done with that money that they're using to try to combat drug use. It's a losing battle. People are going to try to get high no matter what you do. You could spend that money from the drug war on feeding needy people. Something positive that will actually help

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Natural selection. I'm jk.
None of those overdoses had anything to do with marijuana or the extract. A few draws of the extract would be similar to a shot of whiskey. That's all I was saying. It's not going to mess you up to the point you can't walk around or function like a normal, not-high person.
I never said the ODs were due to marijuana or extract.
You questioned whether drugs were a big problem, and I responded to that statement. My point was that they are based on OD deaths if nothing else. If you are talking just about the marijuana, that’s a separate issue.

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
It'll eventually be fully legal in the U.S.

Ended up being a cultural choice centuries ago. Took a ferry from Gibraltar to Tanjiers a few years ago. The Brits owning the ferry were hammering us with gin and beer. We get to Tanjiers (about a half hour trip) and they're supplying hashish (legal there) since alcohol is illegal there. Strange trip but interesting for the 2 different cultures.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
It'll eventually be fully legal in the U.S.

Ended up being a cultural choice centuries ago. Took a ferry from Gibraltar to Tanjiers a few years ago. The Brits owning the ferry were hammering us with gin and beer. We get to Tanjiers (about a half hour trip) and they're supplying hashish (legal there) since alcohol is illegal there. Strange trip but interesting for the 2 different cultures.
Technically, hashish is illegal in Morocco (as are all other Cannabis products). They choose to ignore their laws because of how big the production is and how many people are involved. There is also a great deal of “marijuana tourism” from which the country derives a large benefit. I believe they are one of the worlds largest producers of hashish.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
While this is clearly Cleveland’s tradition to have a WR suspended for 4 games or more, and I was ready to pile on Callaway, the first article I read was from NFL.com. They indicate it WAS from last August’s arrest.
Browns WR Antonio Callaway suspended four games

Dunno?

If so, then it’s not a recurrence at the moment.

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports that the suspension stems from a separate violation of the league's policy and is unrelated to an August, 2018 citation for marijuana possession and driving with a suspended license.

the quote says unrelated to the August arrest and it being another violation.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I agree drugs are a problem but drugs will always be available and the government will never stop it. Mostly its money wasted trying.

Not worth trying? We made a concentrated effort to reduce drunk driving because of the death toll and were successful using education and enforcement to reduce the death toll by a third (per the NHTSA). And using GBM's example, we spend billions each year to prevent another 9/11, might it be worthwhile to spend a few billions to reduce the number of drug related deaths? Treatment, education, enforcement, etc.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.