Antonneous Clayton redshirted

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Lot's of speculation that he transfers. He played yesterday....and had an ugly late hit. I think if he'd be in the rotation if he stays. If he leaves he has to sit out a year at his new school. He's a true junior this year and is being redshirted (so he'll be a redshirt junior next year).Thoughts?

Also, what's the thoughts on the DE/OLB rotation next year w/ Langham, Carter, Chatfield, and Clayton set to move into the rotation?

Clayton posted this today:

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Not only did he have a late hit but he looked slow and out of place multiple times. If he stays I hope he is beat out again, if not we're in trouble.

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
Lot's of speculation that he transfers. He played yesterday....and had an ugly late hit. I think if he'd be in the rotation if he stays. If he leaves he has to sit out a year at his new school. He's a true junior this year and is being redshirted (so he'll be a redshirt junior next year).Thoughts?

Also, what's the thoughts on the DE/OLB rotation next year w/ Langham, Carter, Chatfield, and Clayton set to move into the rotation?

Clayton posted this today:

It’s clearly not a cake walk if you committed a major penalty during your only opportunity.

The penalty was his only non-zero in his stat line.

#entitledmillenial

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Isn’t the picture he posted taken moments before a severely late hit...out of bounds... costing us 15 more yards? #notsmart

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Carter looked good and will probably be our best pass rusher next year. Clayton probably won’t stick around , but even if he did he wouldn’t do much for us .

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have nothing against the kid, but does it really matter if he returns? He has not even show a hint that he can play and I would gladly accept him ceding his scholly and moving on with his adult life. But if he wants to stay and they don;t yank his scholly then that is his right.

Probably a better question would be is X, Y, or Z going to return b/c there is talk of them trying to go to the league. Well off the top of my head, I do not think we have one player eligible to return that is a sure fire thing at the next level. yes I know the names and the 2 guys who play D-line would get pushed around like a shopping cart, the O-lineman shows me nothing (but then again Halapino still has a NFL job WTF?), and the guy in the secondary is lost half the time against decent opponents. But if they get good reviews, then by all means they should go. As for Clayton, I won't give it another thought.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He was getting his azzkicked most plays by Utah #64. #longwaytogo

Last edited:

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
He'll transfer, ain't gonna be no different for him wherever he goes. Must have a poor work ethic and lack of heart. Mac recruited plenty of these lazy ass quitting types.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I wish him the best but he’s had plenty of time to develop here. It would benefit us more if he transferred and opened up a scholarship.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Pretty solid assessment. Looks like he was pushed in the wrong direction body development wise. He came in tall rangy(maybe 225-230#?) and due to our lack of true inside linemen he is trying to be something he's not cut out for.....this is one case where extra weight did not benefit the player. He should have stayed a designated pass rusher/WLB/DE.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He will probably use that new 4 game rule to transfer without sitting a year after next season if he isn't a starter in 2019. I thought he was going to do that after his comments early this year but he decided not to I guess.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Pretty solid assessment. Looks like he was pushed in the wrong direction body development wise. He came in tall rangy(maybe 225-230#?) and due to our lack of true inside linemen he is trying to be something he's not cut out for.....this is one case where extra weight did not benefit the player. He should have stayed a designated pass rusher/WLB/DE.

Didn’t we try this same thing with Cece a couple years ago, and it didn’t work either?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lets talk about this. Who does set the edge in the run game? How is he protected.

I know the answer right now is NO ONE but I dont see how this scheme protects the micro Ends. It makes sense if you play 3 giant 300+ DTs (two called "ends") like Bammer and Ugly does gobbling two OL each. Our scheme with one DT and two linebacker sized ends, not so much.

How does this scheme purport to protect him in the run game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator