Antonneous Clayton redshirted

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Good points @ltraz

A lot of negative comments on Clayton in the thread. He'll be a redshirt junior next year....again, I'd like to see him return. He seems raw and obviously is athletic. If he takes to the coaching and the weight room he could provide quality reps. He may never be a starter, but having depth is very important in the SEC. If he flames out next year, sure he can then move on and be a grad transfer or play 1AA somewhere.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he stays. He came in as 5star and hasn't gotten to play much but he also hasn't been a cancer either. At least that I've heard. I hope he sticks it out. And for those questioning his ability, it's hard to get motivated when you don't enter the game until the score is 49-0.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
OK, if it is so simple, why are we terrible at it? We've been consistently destroyed by edge runs by basically everyone.

I almost never see a SAM on the field, btw. Always a nickel back. Obviously, a nickel is pretty bad at setting the edge, even though he is much better vs run this year.

leogator

May 5, 2018
Pretty solid assessment. Looks like he was pushed in the wrong direction body development wise. He came in tall rangy(maybe 225-230#?) and due to our lack of true inside linemen he is trying to be something he's not cut out for.....this is one case where extra weight did not benefit the player. He should have stayed a designated pass rusher/WLB/DE.
Tall? He was supposed to be 6'5" and he showed up as a 6'2" shrimp.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I’ve heard redshirt year and he returns. Would love to see some inkling of it coming together for him.

Last edited:

leogator

May 5, 2018
Speaking of, Chatfield is listed at 6'.
Where do we find these midgets? Cece Jefferson is 6'1". Unless they can make it up with a tremendous vertical or tremendous speed or tremendous strength, I want some taller dudes that can knock a pass down.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Where do we find these midgets? Cece Jefferson is 6'1". Unless they can make it up with a tremendous vertical or tremendous speed or tremendous strength, I want some taller dudes that can knock a pass down.

... not to mention interfering with the QB's line of sight. This plus leo's batted passes really comprises good pass defense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

I think it's an error on the roster (which is common w/ the retards they have down there at the UAA - the last two years it's been chocked full of errors, both heights and weights). He was 6'2 during his recruitment.

On 247 & ESPN: 6'2 221lbs:

Andrew Chatfield, Florida, Weak-Side Defensive End

Andrew Chatfield - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Rivals: 6'1 214lbs:

Andrew Chatfield, 2018 Outside linebacker - Rivals.com

leogator

May 5, 2018
I think it's an error on the roster (which is common w/ the retards they have down there at the UAA - the last two years it's been chocked full of errors, both heights and weights). He was 6'2 during his recruitment.

On 247 & ESPN: 6'2 221lbs:

Andrew Chatfield, Florida, Weak-Side Defensive End

Andrew Chatfield - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Rivals: 6'1 214lbs:

Andrew Chatfield, 2018 Outside linebacker - Rivals.com
I would not believe the recruiting services. They don't measure them at their camps or measure them with their shoes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator