Any Jeep Wrangler Owners Here?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I looking to do some modifications to my Jeep and looking for suggestions, tips, not to dos.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Demon-eye halos.

5acaf53081c619f9e0f7defc4c60c021.png

jeeping8r

Your car may go fast, Mine will go anywhere
Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
All depends upon what you want to do with it. What year and trim? IE sport, sahara, rubicon
One piece of advice I always give when it comes to the big dollar mods is "Buy once cry once". Don't cheap out

jeeping8r

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Best pic of my 08 I have on phone, and the camper (5×8 haulmark converted) I haul with it. received_256601085680240.jpeg 20210307_180351.jpeg

jeeping8r

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Tires,wheels are different from that pic of Jeep and have 2 100w solar panels, an 8x8 awning and a 4x4 ensuite shower/schiff room on rack also
Now rides on 37s

jeeping8r

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
You could outsource at a savings but having dealer install should still be covered under the warranty, ask to be sure and get it in writing

Do you know what gears are in the diffs? Some have 3.21, if it has the tow package may be 3.73.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You could outsource at a savings but having dealer install should still be covered under the warranty, ask to be sure and get it in writing

Do you know what gears are in the diffs? Some have 3.21, if it has the tow package may be 3.73.

I’m a novice. Where would I find that?

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Side note, I used 4WD the past 2 days and when turning hard right or left (like into a parking spot) the steering wheel wobbles left and right. Service Advisor said that’s normal due to the front differential.

is that right?

jeeping8r

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Gear ratio will be on window sticker or you can google jeep vin lookup and you can get the build sheet. If you still can't find it send me vin

And yes on hard surfaces steering in 4wd will be harder as the axles bind up since they have to travel at different speeds is a corner. Only AWD vehicles have a center differential so axles don't bind

Try not to do it on pavement, unless it's slick.

IF when after taking it out of 4wd it still feels like it's binding, turn strg wheel back and forth while rolling slowly, worst case roll forward at 5 mph or less, put trans in reverse and blip the throttle... DON"T slam it to floor. Preferably on grass or sand

4hi is for slick running like snow or ice
Real off road use 4 lo, your transmission will thank you

Were you taught the proper way to shift the transfer case on a JK? 2hi to 4hi can do at any speed as long as neither axle is slipping, 4hi to 4lo roll forward about 5mph, slip trans into N (or push clutch in) and PULL on lever, don't snatch on it... There's a crappy plastic bushing that holds transfer case shift cable to case lever. Gears may grind a bit

Join your local Jeep club, they're a wealth of knowledge and sometimes they throw wrenching parties to install other's goodies.

Last edited:

jeeping8r

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Before I forget. A stock JK can do 75+percent of what the big boys can do.
Never off road alone. If you like to get away, first invest in good recovery gear. Winch, straps, etc and learn how to use them.
A high lift can be your best friend off road, but can also be your worst enemy, again learn the limitations before buying one because everybody else has one
Those bigger tires will just get you further in and more stuck than stock

DallasTXGator

Supporting Member
Dec 21, 2020
Just got a Wrangler for my teenage son. I have been borrowing it some for this nice weather.

We are realizing we need to wave to every passing Jeep to be polite. I told him to expect getting a duck or two left on his windshield. Like a little club we didn't know existed...

jeeping8r

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Best moment I've had in my Jeep (not counting the obvious) was pulling up to a Bentley convertible and casually saying " Real convertibles can take off their doors"

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just got a Wrangler for my teenage son. I have been borrowing it some for this nice weather.

We are realizing we need to wave to every passing Jeep to be polite. I told him to expect getting a duck or two left on his windshield. Like a little club we didn't know existed...

Im also a Biker. Wranglers give a nod to each other like Bikers. I love it. A niche. Embrace it. I’ve already been Ducked. Need to get some to Duck others.

jeeping8r

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
We were in Murphy NC for some odd beer fest, Wife and a friend were scurrying around ducking Jeeps left and right.... They'd stop them in the road :)

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
Y’all must be up north, seems in Florida Jeeps are for girls

:stirpot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.