Any Miami Heat fans in the house?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Didn’t catch a game last year, but when I’ve gone in recent years, Haslem is very unique in his role. He played a few minutes toward the end, but was basically coaching guys up the whole time. It’s cool the way he’s been embraced in that way.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
The Heat are playing the game the way it should be played. Continuous player and ball movement, unselfish, high assist to turnover ratio and commitment to defense.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
17cf6d3f563cb9407a39b0307c616ddb.gif

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Yep. Clearly not a lot of actual sports fans on this supposed sports site. Bunch of fuchsing nerds.

I'm happy to see that the Miami Heat have made it to the finals and I hope they win it all.
I'm happy that you are so happy for them because you're a fan.

I'm NOT happy with the politics and JSW schitt that permeates the NBA.
I'm NOT happy with anything Lakers or Miami related.
I'm NOT happy to watch anything that has LBJ on it.

I'm happy to be a "fuchsing nerds" that doesn't watch that "pro sport".
Fuch's the NBA.

#Gator Bait
:chomp:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Oh, so if it wasn't for the "politics" you'd be watching the NBA? :rolleyes: Please. That reminds me of when I was a kid and tried to give up eating vegetables as my sacrifice for lent.

Blah, blah, blah.

So it's easy enough for some to declare that they're "boycotting" pro sports (or even NCAA) because its supposedly become so politicized. It's a convenient excuse for disclaiming something that, truth be told, they weren't even really that into in the first place. You'll just have to excuse me for scoffing at it, the same way my parents did at my "sacrifice" of giving up vegetables.

Wrong. I was an avid watcher of the NBA. This was years ago when it was good. I was a fan of the Magic and enjoyed watching the greats like Bird, then Jordan, then Shaq, and even Koby The Ass Rapist. I also pulled for the Heat when they advanced to the playoffs because of UD and Pat Riley. So you can scoff all you want but your off on this point that opened and closed your blah blah blah.

The absolute truth as to why I don't watch the NBA is because of the politics of it, the SJW messaging and lecturing. If you want to give them your support because you're such a fan then press on with pride. I won't do it.

#Gator Bait
:chomp:

AuggieDosta

I Don't Re Member
Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
...also, you might want to go back and look at some of the likes you've received in this thread. If you do, you'll see that many of them are from me.

But when it comes to ME watching today's NBA, ain't gonna happen.

[edit: In full disclosure, I'll save you some time. I just went back and looked and I didn't actually "like" any of your posts in this thread. Evidently, I just agreed with some of your posts but didn't actually like them.]

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
My lawyer, accountant, plumber, mechanic, and just about everyone I interact with talks politics....some virtually non-stop. I could not care less simply because I pay them to do something for me. They cannot influence me in any way. I watch the Heat because I am a basketball junkie. I love the organization and the culture and as much as anything....how they play the game. I also respect those who exercise their right not to watch. I just cannot let someone else take away something that I pay for and I enjoy.

I did recently sit through an NFL game at a bar that was fairly crowded surrounded by folks who never stopped complaining about the politics....for all 4 quarters.

That said....my Heat may be in trouble with the 2 injuries. I will probably have to drink harder tonight.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
My attention span seems to be so much different these days because of how things were so jumbled over the last 7 months. Any other year I’d be a lot more engaged once the playoffs started. This year has been tough to do so. Still don’t like the politics of things, but I don’t think it’s even that for me. Had plans to catch two games and both got messed up(second one due to Covid) and I always found those in-person games reenergized my attention. So it’s all kind of made me a lot less enthused than normal.

That said, I’d love to see the Heat take another title. And doing it at Lebron’s expense? Even better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.