Anybody taking advantage of Coronavirus?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
next time she has a hot tip, can you share it with us?

nice job by her, and by whom ever got her interested in investing at such a young age.

I forgot to mention... the other "odd" pick to me of hers that also done really, really well is CELH. Basically an energy drink. She likes to rub my nose in that one too. Brat :lol:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I forgot to mention... the other "odd" pick to me of hers that also done really, really well is CELH. Basically an energy drink. She likes to rub my nose in that one too. Brat :lol:

Your kid is clearly a "cackler" and likes to take a "victory lap' Good for her. But please warn her that those that gloat about their market's prowess often times get a dose of reality. Be humble lest the markets will humble you :). But for now good for her. Doing well early on will keep her engaged later in life about her money

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Your kid is clearly a "cackler" and likes to take a "victory lap' Good for her. But please warn her that those that gloat about their market's prowess often times get a dose of reality. Be humble lest the markets will humble you :). But for now good for her. Doing well early on will keep her engaged later in life about her money

I wonder where she gets it from.

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017

And her PLUG stock was up almost 18% TODAY alone. She has at least 2 stocks in her account that have doubled. How many stocks in her portfolio?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And her PLUG stock was up almost 18% TODAY alone. She has at least 2 stocks in her account that have doubled. How many stocks in her portfolio?

AAPL
AMD
CARR & RTX (due to raytheon merger) (check out CARR since its inception a few months ago)
DIS
KO
MSFT
NKE
PG
VTI AND VXUS

her “odd ball” ones are
SPCE
PLUG
CELH

she bought PINS and UBER IPOs. PINS has really been her only loser

Then, in March during the Covid crash I slipped her $100. She bought some CCL and JBLU with that. Basically 2 things that ultra tanked. She said that was Monopoly money, so no risk to “her” money. :lol:

C79038EA-98CC-4CD7-AF7F-61C97BA99422.jpeg

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
AAPL
AMD
CARR & RTX (due to raytheon merger) (check out CARR since its inception a few months ago)
DIS
KO
MSFT
NKE
PG
VTI AND VXUS

her “odd ball” ones are
SPCE
PLUG
CELH

she bought PINS and UBER IPOs. PINS has really been her only loser

Then, in March during the Covid crash I slipped her $100. She bought some CCL and JBLU with that. Basically 2 things that ultra tanked. She said that was Monopoly money, so no risk to “her” money. :lol:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sounds like she works in the Treasury Dept. of the U.S. Gov't!!!!! :lmao:

It's crazy. She wont spend a dime of her money. She has unlimited patience and knows that:
a) we'll probably just end up buying it
b) her sister will buy it and will quickly be done with it

Not too long along ago, they both wanted this code-able robot (family of dorks... I know) that is fairly expensive. She said it wasnt worth actually buying. So the oldest one bought it. It now sits in the youngest one's room. :lol:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
It's crazy. She wont spend a dime of her money. She has unlimited patience and knows that:
a) we'll probably just end up buying it
b) her sister will buy it and will quickly be done with it

Not too long along ago, they both wanted this code-able robot (family of dorks... I know) that is fairly expensive. She said it wasnt worth actually buying. So the oldest one bought it. It now sits in the youngest one's room. :lol:

Let me know when your youngest daughter turns 18 please. I want to marry her. With that common sense approach to money and "things" she will be a super catch! And kudos to you. 1 out of 2 isn't bad. Go for a 3rd and see if Meat Loaf was correct??????

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Let me know when your youngest daughter turns 18 please. I want to marry her. With that common sense approach to money and "things" she will be a super catch! And kudos to you. 1 out of 2 isn't bad. Go for a 3rd and see if Meat Loaf was correct??????

Oh hell no on trying for #3. Besides, the shop has closed.

The oldest one is the exact opposite and will spend 5 bucks the instant 5 bucks is in her pocket. She feels like the custodial stock account is theft on my part. A few months ago, she actually asked if she could buy something and then work extra chores to pay it off. I really had to have a sit down with her and try to explain how dangerous that line of thinking was. I dont think it sunk in.

edit: I forgot to add... the youngest one offered to lend her the money. For a fee :lol:

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

The oldest one is the exact opposite and will spend 5 bucks the instant 5 bucks is in her pocket. She feels like the custodial stock account is theft on my part. A few months ago, she actually asked if she could buy something and then work extra chores to pay it off. I really had to have a sit down with her and try to explain how dangerous that line of thinking was. I dont think it sunk in.

Well your oldest kid is just one of the masses. She clearly understands credit with buy now and pay over a lllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg time. At least she offered to work extra to pay it off, but me thinks it would not work that way. Hopefully she will understand the interest calculator but my instincts say no. She is going to be one tough cookieone of these days for someone once she is off your payroll.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well your oldest kid is just one of the masses. She clearly understands credit with buy now and pay over a lllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggggg time. At least she offered to work extra to pay it off, but me thinks it would not work that way. Hopefully she will understand the interest calculator but my instincts say no. She is going to be one tough cookieone of these days for someone once she is off your payroll.

we replied at the same time... check out my edit

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

edit: I forgot to add... the youngest one offered to lend her the money. For a fee :lol:

Oh yeah. :fistbump: Have you received the call from the elementary school to say your daughter is extorting fellow students by making loans at usurious rates? :lmao2:

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Now is the time for a 'great reset'

"The COVID-19 crisis is affecting every facet of people’s lives in every corner of the world. But tragedy need not be its only legacy. On the contrary, the pandemic represents a rare but narrow window of opportunity to reflect, reimagine, and reset our world to create a healthier, more equitable, and more prosperous future."

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Now is the time for a 'great reset'

"The COVID-19 crisis is affecting every facet of people’s lives in every corner of the world. But tragedy need not be its only legacy. On the contrary, the pandemic represents a rare but narrow window of opportunity to reflect, reimagine, and reset our world to create a healthier, more equitable, and more prosperous future."

Been a while since I checked in here as I have been super busy family wise, but have had one eye on the markets. Very surprising to see a quiet day before a long weekend holiday completely give up a big opening after what was supposed to be good news and close on its dead ass low. Never short a dull market but would have worked today. Have not had a chance to look deeply at the charts so was wondering if any key levels have been violated. I get the money printing etc., but I still feel like the balloon is completely filled b/c every talking head is bullish for the same reason, Sea of Liquidity and the Fed won;t let it fail. Well the old saying is no one is bigger than the market, so we might actually finally find out.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Been a while since I checked in here as I have been super busy family wise, but have had one eye on the markets. Very surprising to see a quiet day before a long weekend holiday completely give up a big opening after what was supposed to be good news and close on its dead ass low. Never short a dull market but would have worked today. Have not had a chance to look deeply at the charts so was wondering if any key levels have been violated. I get the money printing etc., but I still feel like the balloon is completely filled b/c every talking head is bullish for the same reason, Sea of Liquidity and the Fed won;t let it fail. Well the old saying is no one is bigger than the market, so we might actually finally find out.
Again, using the S&P for charting, and I did this YESTERDAY (so add in today):
  • Over last few days, we have moved back inside 3 std dev channel of the rising channel formed since the March bottom.
  • We are above the 8, 21, and 34 MAs.
  • We are not overbought on RSI (using 2,95,5).
  • 3080 was the resistance yesterday, we closed above 3100 today.
  • Dow Transports is still above the 3 SD channel and only tested the bottom.
  • This shows a bias to the upside potentially to the 3300 level.
  • There is still a gap down that needs to be filled between
  • Problem with the pullback we had: did not test the 50 SMA, which I would have liked. The Dow ALMOST did, the Invesco RSP NON weighted did test the 50 and has bounced nicely, but it is still below it's rising 3 SD channel.
  • Bias is still toward bulls.
  • Support is now around 3060 (futures)-70 (cash).
  • 3 likely scenarios:
    • Green - We are in Wave 5 rally towards 3400 highs, then Wave 2 drop (the proverbial second chance to feed at the trough). Would have to break June high. This is probable.
    • Yellow - Rally to June highs, but not hold, then drop to June lows. (would be Wave 5 top, then Wave 2 drop).
    • Red - Least probable, break below resistance to start big Wave 2 correction.
  • I think we at least test the June high.
  • If we approach 3400, I'll probably go to cash and put on some shorts.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Again, using the S&P for charting, and I did this YESTERDAY (so add in today):
  • Over last few days, we have moved back inside 3 std dev channel of the rising channel formed since the March bottom.
  • We are above the 8, 21, and 34 MAs.
  • We are not overbought on RSI (using 2,95,5).
  • 3080 was the resistance yesterday, we closed above 3100 today.
  • Dow Transports is still above the 3 SD channel and only tested the bottom.
  • This shows a bias to the upside potentially to the 3300 level.
  • There is still a gap down that needs to be filled between
  • Problem with the pullback we had: did not test the 50 SMA, which I would have liked. The Dow ALMOST did, the Invesco RSP NON weighted did test the 50 and has bounced nicely, but it is still below it's rising 3 SD channel.
  • Bias is still toward bulls.
  • Support is now around 3060 (futures)-70 (cash).
  • 3 likely scenarios:
    • Green - We are in Wave 5 rally towards 3400 highs, then Wave 2 drop (the proverbial second chance to feed at the trough). Would have to break June high. This is probable.
    • Yellow - Rally to June highs, but not hold, then drop to June lows. (would be Wave 5 top, then Wave 2 drop).
    • Red - Least probable, break below resistance to start big Wave 2 correction.
  • I think we at least test the June high.
  • If we approach 3400, I'll probably go to cash and put on some shorts.

I added a few hundred shares of SQQQ in anticipation of a dip....and the market has gone up almost every day since I bought it! (just my luck). Anyhow, I'm down about 6% in it but I'm going to hang on and add a few shares here and there as a hedge.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I added a few hundred shares of SQQQ in anticipation of a dip....and the market has gone up almost every day since I bought it! (just my luck). Anyhow, I'm down about 6% in it but I'm going to hang on and add a few shares here and there as a hedge.
I bought QLD on May 19th to ride the nasdaq up and am still holding it, i'll likely reverse that trade when we start nearing the resistance i mentioned above. I did dump whatever my Russell 2000 ultra etf was yesterday morning and am gathering the dry powder until i see which way this goes when we get into the ranges i talked about.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I bought QLD on May 19th to ride the nasdaq up and am still holding it, i'll likely reverse that trade when we start nearing the resistance i mentioned above. I did dump whatever my Russell 2000 ultra etf was yesterday morning and am gathering the dry powder until i see which way this goes when we get into the ranges i talked about.

I'm not as versed on the "shorts" stocks....so any advice/tips/help etc is always appreciated!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I'm not as versed on the "shorts" stocks....so any advice/tips/help etc is always appreciated!
if you want to do it the easiest way, just look for index or sector short etf's, i'm not going to talk about shorting individual positions, just like i'm not going to talk about options/futures, sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator