Anybody taking advantage of Coronavirus?

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
AMC is also a topic for the same maneuver on Reddit's forum. Closed today at 4.96 (+12%), but is at 6.75 in after hours trading (up another 36% in after hours trading). Might be a good play for long call options around 60 days out.

AMC went over $20 in pre-market trading, and is currently around $15.85. It closed at $4.96 yesterday, so it's up 222% since yesterday's close.

BBBY is at $48.60. up 32% from yesterday. BB is at 21.90, up 16% from yesterday, and EXPR is at 10.78, up 255% from yesterday's close of $3.04

All were mentioned on Reddit yesterday as potential plays. I would say pump-n-dump rules apply (get in early - get out early, don't buy and hold, and don't risk what you can't afford to lose).

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
His portfolio was $2M three weeks ago, $50K a year ago. This is it today, all on GSE plays...
He's still 100% in. Account now at $47.9MM.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
FWIW - I'm not, but two people I follow closely are now all cash except for their crypto and precious metals. Both feel like something very weird is going on. Both still see nothing but up going forward, but they don't like what's happening right now AT ALL.

PS In case Mr. La Paz, is reading, "all cash" is in reference to market holdings, not 100% of their assets.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I am not nervous or scared. Things are definitely weird. It would just be nice to be able to pull the ripcord and avoid a massive loss on the way down.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
FWIW - I'm not, but two people I follow closely are now all cash except for their crypto and precious metals. Both feel like something very weird is going on. Both still see nothing but up going forward, but they don't like what's happening right now AT ALL.

PS In case Mr. La Paz, is reading, "all cash" is in reference to market holdings, not 100% of their assets.

That's not a bad angle right now. Something's gotta give w/ these 'wall street' guys losing it all this week.

I have a few "risky" stocks and I got killed this week on them. I sold a couple for a small profit throughout the week, but I'm holding the one's that are down - I figure it was a gamble, so I might as well go all-in (this is just a portion of my total Schwab account, about 15-18%. The rest is in 'real' investments/blue-chip stocks). Most of the run-up I've had in the last few months has been w/ the risky stuff, so it's sort of playing with 'house money' (but I still don't like losing any of it!).

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

That's not a bad angle right now. Something's gotta give w/ these 'wall street' guys losing it all this week.

I have a few "risky" stocks and I got killed this week on them. I sold a couple for a small profit throughout the week, but I'm holding the one's that are down - I figure it was a gamble, so I might as well go all-in (this is just a portion of my total Schwab account, about 15-18%. The rest is in 'real' investments/blue-chip stocks). Most of the run-up I've had in the last few months has been w/ the risky stuff, so it's sort of playing with 'house money' (but I still don't like losing any of it!).

after the run up post new stimulus, I’m moving my retirement position to all cash. Mad money side, i‘M waiting for some time lapse on capital gains and then I’m just value buying.

I can recommend that you start researching bank stocks now. Find some solid conservative regional bank stocks so when the big banks start posting underperformance or legal issues, you’ll have some value buys. Typically the sector follows the big boys in the banking side and then the safe banks rise back up fairly quickly. Not expecting as big of a hit as 2010 times, but you should be able to make a nice hit.

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Anyone have TSNP/HUMBL? I'm a novice and just curious if anyone here more savvy is in on it or what they think about their product? I have 23k shares at a .30 average and am up about 25k this month.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone have TSNP/HUMBL? I'm a novice and just curious if anyone here more savvy is in on it or what they think about their product? I have 23k shares at a .30 average and am up about 25k this month.

You are a novice and you bought $6900 of a penny stock? Walk us through that.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
But for me personally, I would withdraw my initial investment plus some nice profit. What we all consider “nice profit” is up to you. Let the rest ride.

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018

Tied up for a bit. Will gladly explain. And I'm holding very long. Tempted to take some profit but I ain't that good and will lose my position while getting nailed on taxes

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018

So during the Covid shutdown some friends of mine started taking positions in the market while it was down. He was jaded since his retirement fund was down and decided he needed to supplement his retirement with a more aggressive approach. He is up over 250k for the year. I Got tired of watching him and othere making a killing and I decided to start playing. I missed the boat on PLUG, SBE, NIO etc but am up 50% anyway on a handful of spacs, pharma and energy stocks. I made the mistake of starting on robinhood but when my friend started pumping TSNP I made the jump to Etrade and took positions on ABML TSNP and others.

I work 100 plus hours some weeks and wanted to take a swing at a real mover by getting in early and really loading up on shares. I'm tired of working for peanuts and live a modest life but managed a 6 figure savings on top of a 6 figure fund that I have managed for me. My fund manager wasn't a fan of me going the individual stock route but I said screw it. I dont want to lose 5k plus but it wont break me by a long shot so I bought about $750 worth of TSNP at .17 which promptly dropped to .10. I added and then added at .25 and other price points along the way up. I know there are a million stories of people who have "found the next big penny stock" but this one really seemed like it had a legit CEO and eboard along with a vision that could become a worldwide player so why not.

I'm basically gambling and have no background in finance. I just sort through all the hype and hit pieces to find some facts and hope its not some pump.

I'm gambling but I dont play lotto, not a traditional gambler and I needed some chance in my life. I was actually hoping TSNP wouldn't run so fast because I really wanted to add another 3 to 5 k to my position at around .40 to.70 cents but it took off on Friday. At one point I was up 17k when it hit 1.70 but profit takers knocked it back. Think its at 1.32 now which gave me about an 11k day

Last edited:

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
So during the Covid shutdown some friends of mine started taking positions in the market while it was down. He was jaded since his retirement fund was down and decided he needed to supplement his retirement with a more aggressive approach. He is up over 250k for the year. I Got tired of watching him and othere making a killing and I decided to start playing. I missed the boat on PLUG, SBE, NIO etc but am up 50% anyway on a handful of spacs, pharma and energy stocks. I made the mistake of starting on robinhood but when my friend started pumping TSNP I made the jump to Etrade and took positions on ABML TSNP and others.

I work 100 plus hours some weeks and wanted to take a swing at a real mover by getting in early and really loading up on shares. I'm tired of working for peanuts and live a modest life but managed a 6 figure savings on top of a 6 figure fund that I have managed for me. My fund manager wasn't a fan of me going the individual stock route but I said screw it. I dont want to lose 5k plus but it wont break me by a long shot so I bought about $750 worth of TSNP at .17 which promptly dropped to .10. I added and then added at .25 and other price points along the way up. I know there are a million stories of people who have "found the next big penny stock" but this one really seemed like it had a legit CEO and eboard along with a vision that could become a worldwide player so why not.

I'm basically gambling and have no background in finance. I just sort through all the hype and hit pieces to find some facts and hope its not some pump.

I'm gambling but I dont play lotto, not a traditional gambler and I needed some chance in my life. I was actually hoping TSNP wouldn't run so fast because I really wanted to add another 3 to 5 k to my position at around .40 to.70 cents but it took off on Friday. At one point I was up 17k when it hit 1.70 but profit takers knocked it back. Think its at 1.32 now which gave me about an 11k day
One of @FireFoley ’s favorite sayings comes to mind here: “No one ever went broke taking a profit.”

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
You guys think profit taking is irrespective of prospective success of a stocks potential or its product? I have taken profit from several of my other smaller plays but for the roll of a $5500 play or so the risks outweigh the reward I set out for when I decided to take a swing on this one. My life changes very little for a $10 to 25k profit. In any event the main question I asked was if anyone had any interest in HUMBL pay and of so what they thought of their product, vision, potential etc. I mean...they are going live in new countries throughout February to eventually include 40 countries. Their ticker symbol hasnt even changed and they have an app coming out. Too many catalysts for me to pull out just yet but again....i am basically rolling dice on this one and I know that. Just wondering if anyone else was aware of it.

Also...CEO reported there will be no reverse splits in 2021. Stock seems headed for nasdaq sooner than later.

Last edited:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You guys think profit taking is irrespective of prospective success of a stocks potential or its product? I have taken profit from several of my other smaller plays but for the roll of a $5500 play or so the risks outweigh the reward I set out for when I decided to take a swing on this one. My life changes very little for a $10 to 25k profit. In any event the main question I asked was if anyone had any interest in HUMBL pay and of so what they thought of their product, vision, potential etc. I mean...they are going live in new countries throughout February to eventually include 40 countries. Their ticker symbol hasnt even changed and they have an app coming out. Too many catalysts for me to pull out just yet but again....i am basically rolling dice on this one and I know that. Just wondering if anyone else was aware of it.

Also...CEO reported there will be no reverse splits in 2021. Stock seems headed for nasdaq sooner than later.

Regarding HUMBL, I dont know anything about it. Digital payments using blockchain technology is in a crazy sector right now. There are a few that I am watching, but havent made any purchases.

Regarding the risk/reward on your position, are you trying to convince us or yourself? I hope you make millions. But only you can make the call on rolling the dice.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

Congrats to you for the run up. I see no problem w/ taking a small percentage of your portfolio for "gambles". Technically, it's all a gamble...but these stocks are even bigger gambles. You should probably figure what percentage of your portfolio you're willing to lose. 5%, 10%? If you go 20% or more, I'd say that's real ballsy, no matter how much you're up w/ these types of stocks.

Since March pretty much anyone w/ half a brain has made money - this has been almost too easy. I see a lot of these RH types taking a beating when we see the first real bear hit us. The question is 'when is that going to happen?' I've posted before, I own a few 'risky' stocks right now that I'm holding onto a little bit longer - hoping for a little more movement (up). I could lose my ass if there's a sudden bear. But it's a position I'm willing to take. I've allotted about 10% of my portfolio for these types of stocks.

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Regarding HUMBL, I dont know anything about it. Digital payments using blockchain technology is in a crazy sector right now. There are a few that I am watching, but havent made any purchases.
I
Regarding the risk/reward on your position, are you trying to convince us or yourself? I hope you make millions. But only you can make the call on rolling the dice.

I'm honest with myself. A little of both really. More so though I really was curious if anyone here was aware of HUMBL pay and what their opinion of it was overall.

DD is harder these days with so many basement investor journalist articles out there. I read a hit piece yesterday that didn't even understand why the reverse merger happened or that their technology and product was already live in multiple countries worldwide. I respect thr knowledge of many here as I lurk often but almost never chime in

Malaka

Sep 6, 2018
Congrats to you for the run up. I see no problem w/ taking a small percentage of your portfolio for "gambles". Technically, it's all a gamble...but these stocks are even bigger gambles. You should probably figure what percentage of your portfolio you're willing to lose. 5%, 10%? If you go 20% or more, I'd say that's real ballsy, no matter how much you're up w/ these types of stocks.

Since March pretty much anyone w/ half a brain has made money - this has been almost too easy. I see a lot of these RH types taking a beating when we see the first real bear hit us. The question is 'when is that going to happen?' I've posted before, I own a few 'risky' stocks right now that I'm holding onto a little bit longer - hoping for a little more movement (up). I could lose my ass if there's a sudden bear. But it's a position I'm willing to take. I've allotted about 10% of my portfolio for these types of stocks.

Oh I know the change is coming. As you said when is the question. I'm not sector diversified as much as I would like to be at this point. I am heavy into alternative energy and electric vehicles and at least for the time being the mandates changing countries from internal combustion to electric seems like a strong play for now.

And I will reiterate that while I moved from robinhood to etrade for various reasons I am still a "robinhood type" investor. Lot of dumb luck so far and I know my current ROR can't last

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.