Anybody taking advantage of Coronavirus?

Discussion in 'Business, Investing & Finance' started by ThreatMatrix, Feb 29, 2020.

1. bradgator2

bradgator2 Rioting
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $6,675
    Ratings:
    +14,462 / -120
    And Netflix? I guess they show movies about space.

Like I said, I think it's just a little spin on her other innovative etf... not really "space". Now UFO is a real space etf and has been around a long time. I've always wanted to buy some.

• FireFoley

FireFoley Senior Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $4,592
      Ratings:
      +6,472 / -394
      I think NFLX is in the Space fund b/c they show reruns of The Twilight Zone!.

I have nothing for or against Cathie Wood and no doubt she is very smart, but can one person know all the intracacies of these "tech" companies that don;t make any money? I am convinced that she is just as much salesperson now as she is brilliant analyst and people just follow whatever she says. I am sure she will be successful but I can't help to think there is a hint of a little Elaine Gharsarelli in her and one or two good calls (circa 1987) allows you to ride a wave for many years, even if you are wrong repeatedly.

• Detroitgator

Detroitgator Well-Known Member
      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
      $13,022
      Ratings:
      +21,096 / -154
      Komatsu and JD both. Coincidentally, I do business with several of the companies on that list! ;)

• alcoholica

alcoholica I'm what Willis was talking about
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $7,576
        Ratings:
        +15,581 / -688
        The tech bubble was my first introduction into "WTF is happening". I was at UF and everyone just thought the bubble would go on forever. Just pick a tech stock and make mo money, mo money, mo money.

• bradgator2

bradgator2 Rioting
        Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
        $6,675
        Ratings:
        +14,462 / -120
        Hey.... what's another $2.5T of shovel ready infrastructure amongst us friends.

The plan, which the president will unveil today in Pittsburgh, also includes an initiative on renewable energy and the electric grid as part of a broad goal to supercharge the economy and fight climate change.

In particular, it earmarks $174 billion for electric-vehicle efforts, such as EV rebates, charging ports and electric school buses.

EV Stocks: Tax Credit Benefits
        Biden is asking Congress to keep tax incentives that encourage motorists and add point-of-sale rebates to buy EVs. Currently, consumers can claim tax credits of as much as $7,500 when they buy an electric car.

But Tesla and General Motors (GM) have already passed the 200,000 limit at which point carmakers no longer qualify for the rebates.

Wedbush analyst Daniel Ives says he expects the ceiling will be lifted. He adds that an expansion of the tax credits to the $10,000 range or potentially higher in a tiered system is possible.

EV Initiatives: Infrastructure
        There are about 41,400 EV charging stations in the U.S., according to the Department of Energy, though one station can have multiple ports that can serve several cars at a time. That compares with more than 136,400 gas stations, according to GasBuddy.

Biden's plan will establish grant and incentive programs for state and local governments and the private sector to build a national network of 500,000 EV chargers by 2030.

Ives calls this part of the plan a linchpin of these EV initiatives. "Today there are roughly 100,000 public charging ports with another 300,000/400,000 needed over the next decade to support this groundswell EV green tidal wave for consumers/trucking."

• UFHealthGator

UFHealthGator Well-Known Member
          Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
          $2,726
          Ratings:
          +2,829 / -121
          Rebalancing day for me! I rebalanced portfolio today, and my taxable account called for a large purchase in bonds to get close to my original targets given how my stocks and risky assets ballooned over the past year. I cringed but did it anyway lol. Don't know why I am posting this here, but whatever. Cheers.

• FireFoley

FireFoley Senior Member
            Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
            $4,592
            Ratings:
            +6,472 / -394
            We appreciate it. Always like some fixed income talk. If rates crater, then your bonds will increase in value. If rates rise, then your bonds will go down but you will still collect the coupon. Your current yield will be lower but at least you will get some crumbs.

• Egor's Assistant

Egor's Assistant Currently Transitioning
              Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
              $2,814
              Ratings:
              +2,334 / -267
              I'm new to investing, and I totes appreciate all the financial chatter. Getting a real edumacation in what to do from FireFoley and DetroitGator and what not to do from BradGator and Crete. It's become one of my favorite forums. Thanks Guys!

#968 Egor's Assistant, Apr 1, 2021
              Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
              • bradgator2

bradgator2 Rioting
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $6,675
                Ratings:
                +14,462 / -120
                Definitely dont do what I do. Matter of fact, I would do the exact opposite and start trading in the currency market.

• FireFoley

FireFoley Senior Member
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $4,592
                Ratings:
                +6,472 / -394
                Isn't it @bradgator2 who has a kid that seems to have the magic touch. Need to subscribe to her newsletter!

• bradgator2

bradgator2 Rioting
                Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                $6,675
                Ratings:
                +14,462 / -120
                That turd has picked some real doozies. She picked hydrogen fuel cells... years ago. Up over 2000%. An energy drink called Celsius... same thing. She has 18 stocks total... 11 up over 100%, and 5 not that far behind. She's got exactly 2 losers: down 10% on KO. And 33% on AQB (Aquabounty), which is some sort of farm raised salmon. I usually send her some sort of salmon gif every morning :lol:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
                • Funny Funny x 1
                • List
                • Detroitgator

Detroitgator Well-Known Member
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $13,022
                  Ratings:
                  +21,096 / -154
                  In case you are wondering what happened today, we are sending $650,000,000,000 to the IMF. And it's only a down payment on all the sh!t the Fed is buying.

• Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
                  Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                  $8,571
                  Ratings:
                  +13,964 / -1,009
                  Yeah but I heard that was all in Dogecoin....:lol:

• Concrete Helmet

Concrete Helmet Hook, Line, and Sinker
                    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                    $8,571
                    Ratings:
                    +13,964 / -1,009
                    :scoff:

• Gator By Marriage

Gator By Marriage A convert to Gatorism
                      Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
                      $11,228
                      Ratings:
                      +12,880 / -204
                      Remember the old saying in DC: A few billion here, a few billion there, and pretty soon you’re talking some real money.