Anybody taking advantage of Coronavirus?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I took the last of it off the table yesterday at $87 and used most of it to build my longs in Uranium and chips(AMD)....I did take a $400 hit on PHUN though...trading got stalled that morning and I hit go when it was under $10....it went to $24 and gladly accepted my order then promptly dropped to around $8 and is currently at $4 something last time I looked...Glad I only threw $500 at it instead of what I did with DWAC...:whew:

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This hits home. I chased one earlier this year largely because I wanted it in a new Schwab account and they were slow releasing funds initially. Never had that problem with IB and as a result, I had to take a massive haircut. Up over 100% on a few O&G trades, but that SPAC tells the tale of my 2021.

Last 3 days: 175 to 95, 95 to 82, 82 to 59. Oof.

I read (but dont post) several trading message boards. The right wing vs left wing smack on DWAC is pure comedy gold. The left wing thinks Trump stole all their money personally. The right wing thinks it will still get 1000 a share.

I have played several SPACs and wont do it again. PSFE is payshiit at under $10. EVGO is also a piece of shiit under $10. Although maybe it will get some traction on the infrastructure bill. I have played SPCE and RIDE like a fiddle and made some money. But some coworkers have been absolutely pummeled with RIDE and it’s sitting at $5. I am long on SOFI. Oh, and I have one where the merger went on hold so it’s just languishing at $10.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have not delved into the SPAC world and have no intention of doing so. Perhaps I might after the so called SPAC makes an acquisition, but to me doing so while they are "looking" for something to bring public means you own nothing but hope on some management team. There are still hundreds of SPAC's out there looking to make a deal and bring something public, and time is running out. So maybe you get your money back, but my reason for not playing is that like many of them, I would own one who takes some company public, and then it just shyts the bed. The amount of transparency and public filings is much less with SPACs that with IPO's or direct listings.

I guess I prefer the shyt I know over the shyt I don;t know. Instead of the SPAC world, I like to tread in areas that do not get much attention on the blower by the talking heads yet have presented quite a few good opportunities.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Last 3 days: 175 to 95, 95 to 82, 82 to 59. Oof.

I read (but dont post) several trading message boards. The right wing vs left wing smack on DWAC is pure comedy gold. The left wing thinks Trump stole all their money personally. The right wing thinks it will still get 1000 a share.

I have played several SPACs and wont do it again. PSFE is payshiit at under $10. EVGO is also a piece of shiit under $10. Although maybe it will get some traction on the infrastructure bill. I have played SPCE and RIDE like a fiddle and made some money. But some coworkers have been absolutely pummeled with RIDE and it’s sitting at $5. I am long on SOFI. Oh, and I have one where the merger went on hold so it’s just languishing at $10.

As is so often the case, it’s not the stock, it’s where you own it. I still have a few shares of PSTH, but finally unloaded most of it over the summer. As I said my issue was not getting in before it started moving and then finding myself long way over where I wanted. Bill Ackman is a brilliant mind and I think at some point they’ll make a productive move. But I had to pair most of the position and take the hit.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Robinhood's IPO (HOOD) was released about 5 weeks ago. Knowing that the Bid Dogs hate everything about that company with a passion, I wasnt going to touch it with a 10ft pole. I dont trade Shorts, but if I did, that would have been the one I picked. It's down another 12% today and falling. I wonder where a good entry point would be....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
DWAC back up around mid 70's....shorts moving in so this could get REAL interesting...wish I had held on to maybe 15 shares or so at 20 now but it was hard not to let them go in the mid 80's. I might jump back in if it gets near 50 again...Like I said I've heard some chatter of it getting pushed up to 300 plus but I think that happens when the app is launched and a Trump speaks publicly....gonna be YUGE again

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
AMZ & APPL down about 4% today. I added a little of each.....

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
AMZ & APPL down about 4% today. I added a little of each.....
End of the quarter and fund managers are realigning their funds(having hedgies drive down price with massive options)....this is shopping time like you said.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Crazy today. My largest single day gain ever.

11 holdings finished the day up over 5%, 4 of them up over 10% (including my 2 largest holdings).

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I was told there was no or only temporary inflation :lmao2:

Oreo cookies, Ritz crackers and Sour Patch Kids will cost more next year, Mondelez CEO says

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are you still in the ARK funds? They have been a disaster. She was right about Tesla though.

Yes, Not a good year for them but I got in super early on those. So I scraped off a bunch of nice profit. I still have substantial holdings in ARKQ, ARKF, and ARKG. I bought a little more ARKX when it dropped below 20.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.