Anybody taking advantage of Coronavirus?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Did anyone else get into Uranium? I've been adding for a couple of months now and it's been pretty decent to me. If anyone likes to speculate there are a few REALLY cheap exploration stocks out there anywhere from .15 up to a buck....If you look back at a historical chart of Uranium some of these stocks turned into 100 baggers during the 2 big spikes around 2006-2010ish....just a thought.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well since Powell let the cat out of the bag about keeping rates at zero it's gonna be
tenor.gif

on Wall Street for a little longer....

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Looks like my prediction that Peloton would become an expensive clothes holder is coming true. I must admit I was way early on that prediction.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Looks like my prediction that Peloton would become an expensive clothes holder is coming true. I must admit I was way early on that prediction.

I think they got damn lucky with their timing and the covid/lockdowns. All crashing down now. The bike is actually pretty cool. But their whole business is really dependent on their subscription service, which is very expensive and really bizarre to me.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Will be interesting to see the market reaction on Monday to anything EV, EV charging, and hydrogen related

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think they got damn lucky with their timing and the covid/lockdowns. All crashing down now. The bike is actually pretty cool. But their whole business is really dependent on their subscription service, which is very expensive and really bizarre to me.

I have beach body on demand, which costs $99/year. I use it every single day (at least for ab workouts, at a minimum). I just moved back to Florida recently and I'm slowly building my home gym. I might join a local gym (that's less than $20/month). I don't get the subscription services that people are shelling out for - I'm an exercise addict, and I know I'd get my money's worth, but most people are retards. Like FF said, these things (bikes, benches, bowflex, etc) for most people collect dust and/or become a clothes hanger. I see it at the gym all the time, especially in January (the 'new years resolution' types). - these people join the gym, sign up for a year membership, use it 10 times in January, then show up a couple more times the rest of the year while paying $25-50/month (or more).

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Will be interesting to see the market reaction on Monday to anything EV, EV charging, and hydrogen related

Not bad.

EVGO (ev charging) has gone down every day since I have bought, and I keep averaging down, but I have never been in the green. I went in way more than I really wanted. It was up 40% at one point today. I put in a strike price at $14.00, which was 15% profit for me, and scraped some cream off the top. I think it has way more potential, but a relief to reduce my position a little while nicely in the green.

CHPT (ev charging) was up 20% at one point today. Finally in the green there.

Those 2 took some serious patience.

PLUG (hydrogen) was up another 10%. I am up bigly and riding this biitch like a rented mule.

BLDP (hydrogen) was also up 10%. I am up 25% and thinking about selling my entire position.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I have beach body on demand, which costs $99/year. I use it every single day (at least for ab workouts, at a minimum). I just moved back to Florida recently and I'm slowly building my home gym. I might join a local gym (that's less than $20/month). I don't get the subscription services that people are shelling out for - I'm an exercise addict, and I know I'd get my money's worth, but most people are retards. Like FF said, these things (bikes, benches, bowflex, etc) for most people collect dust and/or become a clothes hanger. I see it at the gym all the time, especially in January (the 'new years resolution' types). - these people join the gym, sign up for a year membership, use it 10 times in January, then show up a couple more times the rest of the year while paying $25-50/month (or more).

Just so I have the correct picture, which one of these beach body's do you most resemble?

upload_2021-11-8_17-33-9.jpeg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Last night, EVGO announced a partnership with UBER which lets their drivers use their chargers at an extreme discount. Up 35% premarket and I had a sell order ready to sell off some more. That's a 70% increase in 2 days. It's hard not to be greedy, but I know to take some profit, count my blessings, and run

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
UEC...UEC...UEC

What's up with these wild swings in the 10yr over the last 2 days...down 9 points one day and up 8 or 9 the next? Is this the beginning of the end???? Looks like Gold and Silver are on a nice upswing too...2008 anyone?

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
RIVN IPO today. They went exclusively through SOFI for us peons to get at the opening price. Interesting process. SOFI states if you sell within a certain timeframe then they'll hit you with a $50 fee and block you from future IPO opportunities.

Anyway, I was only allotted 8 shares at the opening price of $78. I requested way more than that. Currently at $119 about hour after going live.

It'll probably drop super hard in a couple of weeks.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
RIVN IPO today. They went exclusively through SOFI for us peons to get at the opening price. Interesting process. SOFI states if you sell within a certain timeframe then they'll hit you with a $50 fee and block you from future IPO opportunities.

Anyway, I was only allotted 8 shares at the opening price of $78. I requested way more than that. Currently at $119 about hour after going live.

It'll probably drop super hard in a couple of weeks.

Honestly, I have no idea how you got any. I know people who run hedge funds who got bubkus. good for you.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly, I have no idea how you got any. I know people who run hedge funds who got bubkus. good for you.

Here is an article on it:

Actionable Trading Ideas, Real Time News, Financial Insight | Benzinga

Somehow, Rivian decided to give 0.5% of the IPO shares exclusively to qualified traders on SOFI. And only on SOFI. A few days ago, I had to submit a request that I wanted in and for how many shares at an estimated $62 price. I requested 30 shares. I then had go through a huge questionnaire basically trying to make sure I understand the risk involved with IPOs. Anyway, the app said it would give a confirmation the day before the actual ipo to accept the shares offered to me.

We were at fundraiser last night and got in past my normal bedtime. I checked my phone around 10:30 and a confirmation for 8 shares at $78 was waiting on me. A little annoyed, but I accepted.

A coworker also attempted to do it but didn’t check his phone last night. His offer was expired when he woke up.

After reading some message boards this morning, the window opened at 10pm and all those shares were gone by 3 am.

Very interesting process.

About a month ago, Sofi did the same IPO offer with Allbirds. I had zero interest in that. I didn’t even know it was shoes. And I just checked…. Down every single day since debut

Last edited:

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
Thanks for the recap. I guess the way IPO's are parsed has changed a bit. I mean I have had accounts at almost every major brokerage house in my life and almost have never gotten an IPO that I really wanted. I got some small ones, but not even I can get anything anymore. And when I did or I do get a call saying they can get me some IPO, etc. it is a sure sign to run the other way. If those shares are making it down to me, then they are true shyt. But the allocation to some everyday people is a good thing. It is certainly not a triple bagger like your daughter has, but hey she is the expert.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks for the recap. I guess the way IPO's are parsed has changed a bit. I mean I have had accounts at almost every major brokerage house in my life and almost have never gotten an IPO that I really wanted. I got some small ones, but not even I can get anything anymore. And when I did or I do get a call saying they can get me some IPO, etc. it is a sure sign to run the other way. If those shares are making it down to me, then they are true shyt. But the allocation to some everyday people is a good thing. It is certainly not a triple bagger like your daughter has, but hey she is the expert.

Her scheme now is to start watching the ones that I start biiitching about. She then has amazing timing and patience at picking them up near the bottom. Then a few weeks later she is up 15% on the same damn stock that I am down 25%. She'll offload before I am even green.

Back to the IPO thing.... I am seeing more and more articles lately like the RIVN/SOFI thing. Somehow these IPOs are granting a few shares to only a specific platform. Seems kinda weird. But I do like how a few lucky peons can get in on the action.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Unbelievable.... My EVGO has more than doubled in the last 4 days. I sold off half and will let now let it ride on house money.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Any thoughts on Rolls Royce stock?
Right now it's 1.90 a share but they are in the SMR building business and just secured capitol to build the SMR's in Great Brittan over the next 5-8 years and possible other countries in Europe. The other thing they are big into is aircraft maintenance which obviously is way down from the pandemic. However they also redesigned or retro fitted the turbine engines for the B52's recently where the can do complete overhauls of the engines without removing it from the aircraft....(cuts cost greatly)

This stock used to trade around $10-13 a share before the pandemic so I see a HUGE upside to buying in at under $2.00....BTW the stock is also paying a 7.5% dividend currently. How could you lose on this?

Last edited:

GatorCatsi

¡No más tacos gratis!
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2016
Any thoughts on Rolls Royce stock?
Right now it's 1.90 a share but they are in the SMR building business and just secured capitol to build the SMR's in Great Brittan over the next 5-8 years and possible other countries in Europe. The other thing they are big into is aircraft maintenance which obviously is way down from the pandemic. However they also redesigned or retro fitted the turbine engines for the B52's recently where the can do complete overhauls of the engines without removing it from the aircraft....(cuts cost greatly)

This stock used to trade around $10-13 a share before the pandemic so I see a HUGE upside to buying in at under $2.00....BTW the stock is also paying a 7.5% dividend currently. How could you lose on this?

Not my cup of tea, but I agree their jet overhaul business looks interesting.

Also saw this a couple days ago:
Rolls-Royce secures funding for new generation of mini nuclear reactors.

It's a pretty volatile stock that had a nice run-up from July to September.
Since then, it's traded sideways. If I were thinking of buying it, I'd probably wait until it established a bit more positive momentum.

FYI, I know nothing!

rycey.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.