Anyone else get good news today?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I was crazy to begin with...funny thing is my wife and I got married two weeks after we met too...8 years later here we are

Nice. Great story. Two and a half months for us, and a kid born a few weeks before our first anniversary. Stopped after two boys though, so not nearly as impressive as you.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
My oldest tried out for an IB middle school here in good ol Lee County. Center of the arts and he had to try out. Wants to follow in his mother’s footsteps and join band. Proud of him, hasn’t gotten a B yet

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
I grew up wanting to be a Gator. I wanted to go to UF so badly I could taste it, as they say. One of the happiest days of my life was when I received the acceptance letter. I understand your joy! Congratulations.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Since we’re sharing. I was called to come pick up my 7yo today from school. Apparently during recess, he caught the football and was tackled hard, somehow busting his nose. They weren’t sure if it was broken but couldn’t get it to stop bleeding. When I arrived, one of the first things he wanted to tell was that he’d held on to the ball.:lol:

Earned him an early Friday and a few hours hanging out in Dad’s office.

GatorFL

Lifetime Member
Oct 29, 2017
Congrats! Huge accomplishment and I wish him luck.

I've got a genius 16 year old, her dream school is UF. Her private counselor told her with her grades and accomplishments she can go anywhere she wants: Harvard, Yale, etc. She still wants to be a Gator.

Yes, I did get great news today. I reread/skimmed the FSU dumpster fire thread. :D

GR8 2B

A Florida Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2016
Not really a sports topic, but wanted to share the great news my son was accepted to UF today. (As was our neighbor across the street.). As you might imagine, Momma was stoked. He of course is too “cool” to show any excitement. No idea if he’ll “commit” & being out of state will be a challenge, but wanted to share nonetheless. Anyone else hear good news today?
Congratulations, GBM, and to your wife and son! Make sure he knows that it's great to be a Florida Gator!

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
My son in law, a great guy, is an FSU Alumni........ We had a bonfire tonight and I threw his favorite FSU chair in the fire, accidentally. "no one believes I didn't do it on purpose"

It was worth the $100 bucks it will cost to replace it!

Last edited:

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Congratulations. I had no idea you were eastern Indian. Or are you Asian?

Anyway, congratulations.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Not really a sports topic, but wanted to share the great news my son was accepted to UF today. (As was our neighbor across the street.). As you might imagine, Momma was stoked. He of course is too “cool” to show any excitement. No idea if he’ll “commit” & being out of state will be a challenge, but wanted to share nonetheless. Anyone else hear good news today?

Congratulations! As the father of two sons that are gator grads, I know you are proud. Welcome to the club

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
My son was accepted today as well GBM. I’m on cloud nine with pride. Fortunately we are in state with Bright Future scholarships. Good luck to your son!

TayB, I give some of your posts a hard time (when you bash non pumper fans) but I also think you’re one of the funniest on this board. Regardless, you make an impact and to hear this awesome news for your son, and family, my most sincere Congratuitous.

So many great aspects of my life were first framed by going to Gainesville for college. I hope your son enjoys such a wonderous time and, perhaps, like me, finds the love of his life.

Good luck to him. If I’m being honest, I’m so jealous he’s about to be in the greatlus times of his life. Great news for both of you.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
My son passed his vpk testing with flying colors last week. Still not gonna hold my breath on college though, beings that he has half my DNA and all.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
TayB, I give some of your posts a hard time (when you bash non pumper fans) but I also think you’re one of the funniest on this board. Regardless, you make an impact and to hear this awesome news for your son, and family, my most sincere Congratuitous.

So many great aspects of my life were first framed by going to Gainesville for college. I hope your son enjoys such a wonderous time and, perhaps, like me, finds the love of his life.

Good luck to him. If I’m being honest, I’m so jealous he’s about to be in the greatlus times of his life. Great news for both of you.

Thanks Sec14. It’s been a great day! We are pumped! I’ll make sure to remind him the best years of his life are shortly incoming. So true, isn’t it?

I guess I do I poke the status quo dumperism occasionally...they are still my favorite posters.

Last edited:

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
#3 didn’t go through the early application process anywhere, so we just finished with the January deadlines. We were caught off guard that UF starts their admission process much earlier than others, so I’m bummed about that. She’s got excellent grades, but it’s competitive out there. Now we wait...

#2 has been steadily making the dean’s list and is set to graduate from Kent State in May.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
My son passed his vpk testing with flying colors last week. Still not gonna hold my breath on college though, beings that he has half my DNA and all.
Don't worry about the DNA. Mrs. GBM's DNA is clearly stronger in my kids as they are far better students than I ever was, so maybe yours will be OK. After my kids got their SAT scores back they asked me how I did way back when. I deftly changed the subject without answering....

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
#3 didn’t go through the early application process anywhere, so we just finished with the January deadlines. We were caught off guard that UF starts their admission process much earlier than others, so I’m bummed about that. She’s got excellent grades, but it’s competitive out there. Now we wait...

#2 has been steadily making the dean’s list and is set to graduate from Kent State in May.
Florida, unlike most schools, does not do early action or admission. Application date is November 1 for everybody. If any others out there have kids seriously interested in attending UF, I highly recommend the campus tour, we did it last April, and if you think they'll qualify, the honors college visit (you can do it all in one day). It was very informative and was, along with Purdue and Va Tech, one of the best visits we went on - even when factoring in our personal bias. (I have twins, so we visited a lot of schools in the last 12 months.) We have been on campus many times over the years, but still, Mrs. GBM was amazed at how much had changed since she graduated. Good luck with your daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.