Anyone else have a VR Quest? Let's play some mini golf!

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
I am of the nerdly sort that had both the original Oculus Rift and HTC Vive when they were first released several years ago. It was an incredible experience.....for awhile. The VR novelty wears off after some time and developers haven't really entered a groove for making good games for VR yet. The best games now are the same as the best games then. I have the Quest 2 and it is a huge upgrade in that it is completely wireless, even for playing PC games in Steam. However, it is still a stale experience due to lack of excellent developers for VR. That will change, but its still an issue.

My 2 cents, VR is really ideal for flight and driving simulators. Graphical fidelity and headset comfort still have a long way to go though IMO.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I am of the nerdly sort that had both the original Oculus Rift and HTC Vive when they were first released several years ago. It was an incredible experience.....for awhile. The VR novelty wears off after some time and developers haven't really entered a groove for making good games for VR yet. The best games now are the same as the best games then. I have the Quest 2 and it is a huge upgrade in that it is completely wireless, even for playing PC games in Steam. However, it is still a stale experience due to lack of excellent developers for VR. That will change, but its still an issue.

My 2 cents, VR is really ideal for flight and driving simulators. Graphical fidelity and headset comfort still have a long way to go though IMO.
Did you try the mini golf?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Did you try the mini golf?
I have played mini golf, not sure if the same as yours. I've been playing on and off for roughly 6 years and have over 70 VR games, so I'm pretty sure mini golf isn't going to wow me. I'm glad you're having fun with it, I actually envy the "new" experience you're having. If you want to work up a sweat and look like an idiot doing it (ha) I suggest playing Beat Saber and Pistol Whip. Both are music rhythm games, the one with light sabers and the other with guns, both surprisingly fun.

Walking Dead Saints and Sinners is supposed to be a top notch AAA-type game, although I haven't played it.

If you can figure out how to play PC Steam games either through the connect link (wired) or through Air Link (wireless) and you like first person AAA titles, I would get Half-Life: Alyx

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I got my kids an Xbox for Christmas. Of course they had the Oculus for sale as well. I asked about it, being the Novice gaming person I am, and every sales person said the Oculus is by far designed for the adult Gamer.
My son is 13, and he loves his Oculus. He's into Xbox too, but has no complaints about the Oculus.

LaylaGator

Born to Hate Florida State
Lifetime Member
Feb 28, 2021
I’m just reporting what I was told first hand, live on the scene. Just reporting the facts. ma’am.
Same. I didn't want you skipping on the Oculus if your kids are also already teens. 13 and up definitely enjoys it comfortably.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Just got one yesterday and I am already sore as hell from boxing. I also have been playing hours of mini golf and wouldn't mind playing with someone else.

If you've got one speak up. Perhaps we can get a list of people and play some games together.
This is the 2022 version of “I have some candy, come meet me in my windowless, all-white cargo van if you want some.”

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Himey was never heard from again. He's probably been playing for five hours now, pee running down his leg because he doesn't want to stop.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
It looks fun to me. If I didn't live in a camper, I'd try it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Here's what it looks like but watching it on a flat screen doesn't do it justice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb