Anyone else have a VR Quest? Let's play some mini golf!

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
My Kindle says I'm 71% done reading Ready Player One... after scrolling through here, I expect that to jump to at least 74% next time I open it.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I lit it up today. Still looking for some peeps to play a round or two.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I haven’t gone the VR route because I wear glasses and the reviews regarding VR and glasses have been very mixed.
I just bought the quest 2.

I wear glasses (progressives) and it's not working for me.

I've got some magnetic lens add ons coming. I'll let you know how it works.

I've dinked around with some games but it gives me a headache (w/o glasses). Also some decent VR stuff on youtube.(national geographic)

I can see the potential. I'm into puzzle/adventure games. I bought Myst and a couple of others.

I really like that you can use hand tracking instead of the controllers.

My dog thinks I'm nuts. Waving my hands and cussing for no apparent reason.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The funniest thing is that you’re proud of that.
You guys really are idiots. The game is fun, but it’s more about getting together with friends socially. We talk Gators half the time we’re playing. If your dumb ass would put on a headset and try it, you’d have fun too.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You guys really are idiots. The game is fun, but it’s more about getting together with friends socially. We talk Gators half the time we’re playing. If your dumb ass would put on a headset and try it, you’d have fun too.
I’m no nerd, nerd.

Besides, I’d be up until the middle of the night playing like I did with Halo on Xbox. I’m too old to do that anymore.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
When you put on this "headset" and "try it," are you guys in "wide stance"?

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
@oxrageous I just got the Quest 3 to see how improved it is over the Quest 2. I like it. It is still 10 years away from being where I would want it to be regarding size/weight/graphics, but its definitely a step in the right direction.

I still havent played the mini golf, but I did get Golf+ which is actually really fun. My shoulder is sore now though.

Since this thread hasn't been commented in for over a year, has your Quest 2 started collecting dust yet?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
@oxrageous I just got the Quest 3 to see how improved it is over the Quest 2. I like it. It is still 10 years away from being where I would want it to be regarding size/weight/graphics, but its definitely a step in the right direction.

I still havent played the mini golf, but I did get Golf+ which is actually really fun. My shoulder is sore now though.

Since this thread hasn't been commented in for over a year, has your Quest 2 started collecting dust yet?
Yes, I switched to the Quest 3 a couple of months ago. Still play minigolf with @jaywalker72 once or twice a week. That game is worth the cost of the headset alone.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My Kindle says I'm 71% done reading Ready Player One... after scrolling through here, I expect that to jump to at least 74% next time I open it.

Solid book, much better than the movie.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Solid book, much better than the movie.
i agree on the book, but luckily, this is one of those cases where i saw the movie first, liked it, then read the book, really liked it... still like both. Definitely a case wear reading the book first would have made the movie pale in comparison.

Gatormac2112

The Voice of Reason
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
Yes, I switched to the Quest 3 a couple of months ago. Still play minigolf with @jaywalker72 once or twice a week. That game is worth the cost of the headset alone.
What are your thoughts on the 2 vs 3? Do you have any accessories? What else do you play if you don’t mind my asking.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator