Anyone have a favorite Bar-b-que Sauce

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
or sauce recipe? My favorites are ketchup, mustard and vinegar based but I'll try almost all types that I come across.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I generally like the mustard and vinegar based sauces. My favorite is the habanero hot BBQ sauce from Jim n Nick's restaurant.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Depends on my mood. For a straight dipping sauce used after the meat comes off the grill, I really like the Secret Six Molasses (Mole Asses) sauce. Sometimes I use a dry rub before cooking or my homemade datil pepper relish.

Attachments

• conv_138.JPG
    conv_138.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 139

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator said:
I generally like the mustard and vinegar based sauces. My favorite is the habanero hot BBQ sauce from Jim n Nick's restaurant.
I tried Jim n Nick's several years while visiting Hilton Head but didn't care for any of their sauces. The best thing to me was their cheese biscuits. ::):

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n5372 said:

I really like Jim n Nick's. One of their restaurants is 5 minutes from my house.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Bluefront BBQ sauce out of Riviera Beach is the best I've ever had. They had a restaurant in the worst section of town when I was growing up, but there was a truce there for white people. They've long since closed the restaurant, but you can still get the sauce.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WobbleGator;n5385 said:
I really like Jim n Nick's. One of their restaurants is 5 minutes from my house.
I've been to that one for lunch, but since I live on the south end, we go to the one in Conyers. Not the best BBQ I've ever had, but always a good meal. I usually get their wings and some ribs. The great selection of whiskey keeps me coming back.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter said:
Depends on my mood. For a straight dipping sauce used after the meat comes off the grill, I really like the Secret Six Molasses (Mole Asses) sauce. Sometimes I use a dry rub before cooking or my homemade datil pepper relish.
I like datil pepper sauce to mix with my homemade sauces because everyone complains when I get them warm like I like them.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I like Sweet Baby Ray's, but tried one called Stubbs recently. It's more vinegary and liquidy as opposed to thick like SBR.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n5393 said:
I like Sweet Baby Ray's, but tried one called Stubbs recently. It's more vinegary and liquidy as opposed to thick like SBR.

Sweet Baby Ray's is always good.

TallyGator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From the store...KC Masterpiece. Restaurant...Sonny's Sweet

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole said:
Bluefront BBQ sauce out of Riviera Beach is the best I've ever had. They had a restaurant in the worst section of town when I was growing up, but there was a truce there for white people. They've long since closed the restaurant, but you can still get the sauce.
Never heard of it up here in N. Fla / S. Ga but I googled and found it on Amazon. Everyone rated it highly. They opened a new place at 1132 N Dixie Hwy,Lake Worth, FL 33460.“This is a new BBQ place by the folks that make Blue Front BBQ sauce.

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
TallyGator said:
From the store...KC Masterpiece. Restaurant...Sonny's Sweet
Both are pretty good brands. I tried Cattleman's Golden which was pretty good.

GatorSkin

Founding Member
Nord for President 2020
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
1/2 cup minced onion 4 cloves garlic minced 3/4 cup of Bourbon (whatever brand you like) 1/2 teaspoon black pepper 1/2 tablespoon salt 2 cups ketchup 1/4 cup tomato paste 1/3 cup cidar vinegar 2 tablespoons liquid smoke 1/4 Worcestershire 1/2 cup brown sugar Hot sauce (how ever much you like) Cook Bourbon onion and garlic on med for about 10 to 12 min Add everything else and bring to boil Reduce heat and let simmer for 20 min Refrigerate for a couple days before serving

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gren, you like it hot. Try some of these chocolate Douglah 7 pots
[video=youtube;U5Opfy1oAzc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5Opfy1oAzc[/video]

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ruddys2.jpg

grengadgy

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
  • [h=3]Good (basic) Sauce

INGREDIENTS[/h]
    • 4 cups ketchup
    • 2 cups vinegar
    • 1 cup water
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 2 teaspoons black pepper
    • 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
    • 1 tablespoon onion powder
    • 1 tablespoon dry mustard
    • 1/4 cup lemon juice
    • 1/4 cup red wine (optional)
    • 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
  • ​INSTRUCTIONS
  • Put in all of the ingredients and stir until blended together and smooth. Bring to a slow bubbling boil then turn down the heat. Simmer no higher than medium heat stirring frequently to prevent burning to the bottom. The longer you simmer the better the sauce will taste.(60-90 minutes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.